2 SRT4's in one night!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2 SRT4's in one night! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went to the drag strip tonight. In all there were three SRT4's there. I lined up with 2 of them. ...

2 SRT4's in one night!

Went to the drag strip tonight. In all there were three SRT4's there. I lined up with 2 of them. I have essentially turboxs stage 2 but was having issues running proper boost all night. All of the neon's were stock. The temperature outside was in the high 70's and it was pretty humid. Also the place was packed so it took a while between runs. I did get a new personal best of 13.853 with a 1.933 60', my best 60' of the night was a 1.909. I was not very consistent in my times tonight... anyway...

SRT Run 1 (yellow)
    I got him off the launch and ended up running a 14.097. He was about 4 car lengths behind, but he had definently started pulling at the end.

SRT Run 2 (black)
    I ran a 14.167. At the end he was right on my bumper. These things have some great top end. He was a cool guy...

Basically a stock wrx would have some issues with one from a roll (i know, who cares...). They don't seem to be as prepared for the aftermarket though... The owner of one said he would only be able to get cat-back due to the design of the turbo and exhaust manifold as one unit. Oh and they peel out like crazy.... cool little cars, not to be underestimated as far as drag racing go. I'm not going to bash the car in any way with my opinions, but i'll say that i still definently prefer my car. But i'm guessing that mopar will find a market for these cars...
    autobahn storming scooby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the unbiased and informative relation of personal experience. Most mature minded post I've seen regarding an SRT4 on this board yet.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Had i wanted to bash a car i would have posted on supraforums.com I don't see any problem with the srt-4 (got those cool bugeyes ), competition is good....

So do i get to be part of the tropical weather handicaps my times club? I was hoping i'd have the time to work on my launch tonight, but due to a jet truck (amazing experience to see) blowing down the track it took them almost an hour to clean up and so tons of people came during that time and i no longer had time to do repeated runs...
    autobahn storming scooby

Cool posts, so mature and non bashy like. I feel like saying its still a pos neon.. or its a neon or something to help take it blend in the rest of the forum.

They spin like crazy? Does it seem like the guys you were racing still need to work on learning ot drive it more? Seems like with its lack of LSD it would be very hard to get a good start in a standing quarter mile.
    -Andrew

I'd actually like to drive one of these because I am curious how it hooks up with the FWD and no LSD... nifty little car I think. Kudos to Dodge for pulling it together and getting it to market. They have raised the bar for everyone else. I expect the next couple years to be the golden age of sport compacts.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Re: 2 SRT4's in one night!

Originally posted by blackshadow
    Went to the drag strip tonight. In all there were three SRT4's there. I lined up with 2 of them. I have essentially turboxs stage 2 but was having issues running proper boost all night. All of the neon's were stock. The temperature outside was in the high 70's and it was pretty humid. Also the place was packed so it took a while between runs. I did get a new personal best of 13.853 with a 1.933 60', my best 60' of the night was a 1.909. I was not very consistent in my times tonight... anyway...

SRT Run 1 (yellow)
    I got him off the launch and ended up running a 14.097. He was about 4 car lengths behind, but he had definently started pulling at the end.

SRT Run 2 (black)
    I ran a 14.167. At the end he was right on my bumper. These things have some great top end. He was a cool guy...

Basically a stock wrx would have some issues with one from a roll (i know, who cares...). They don't seem to be as prepared for the aftermarket though... The owner of one said he would only be able to get cat-back due to the design of the turbo and exhaust manifold as one unit. Oh and they peel out like crazy.... cool little cars, not to be underestimated as far as drag racing go. I'm not going to bash the car in any way with my opinions, but i'll say that i still definently prefer my car. But i'm guessing that mopar will find a market for these cars...

Hey, did you race a Bradenton Motorpark?
    Glad to see you came out on top, but with basically turboxs stage 2 you should beat him pretty good in a 1/4 mile race from a dead stop.
    What kind of boost controller are you using? I use turboxs high performance boost controller. I would also suggest running around 16-17psi boost at the track. I ran consistant low to mid 13s (13.3 @100mph) running close to 17 psi boost with Turboxs stage 2 setup. Those runs were at Bradenton Motorpark.

I find the track surface at Bradenton motorpark is very sticky. Its very easy to bogg a WRX off the line there. It would really help out a SRT-4.

yeah it was at Bradenton Motorsports park. Yeah the track is definently very sticky. Between my launches still not getting better than 1.9 60's, sticky surface, and my EBC (profec B) not being able to figure out what do with the long staging times and thus inconsistent boost. Anway are you coming up here sometime? I'd definently like to see you run. I think my friends might have seen you, and in fact i might have even met you once as there was a guy from Ft. Lauderdale here with a wrb sedan that was fast, was that you?
    autobahn storming scooby

So, honestly, if you were stock, do you think you still would have beaten both? I know you said you were having trouble with the boost...
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

Damn I almost went last night but I decided not to at the last minute....
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

personally i wouldn't have, I only ran a 14.4 once when i was stock... A better launcher would be even in the quarter mile with him since well driven wrx's run 14.2-14.3 stock. The srt4's will pull from a roll vs. stock wrx, no doubt....
    autobahn storming scooby

personally i wouldn't have, I only ran a 14.4 once when i was stock... A better launcher would be even in the quarter mile with him since well driven wrx's run 14.2-14.3 stock. The srt4's will pull from a roll vs. stock wrx, no doubt....
    Yea, sounds like it was a good race. I can't wait to line up with some WRX's at the local strip and see how I do. Launching my SRT is a B*TCH. The wheels just spin and spin, and I've yet to become one with the 1-2 shift.

A note to everyone. A boost controller on an SRT does almost nothing for it's power output. The ECU on the SRT retards the engine to keep the power even. Until there is an ECU change or chip, a boost controller is just a waste of money. Nobody has yet to dyno a stock SRT and a boosted SRT, but nobody with a boost controller has run any faster in the quarter either.
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 Black
    221 whp/ 241 wtrq *Stock*
    13.585 @ 102.88 *Stage 1*

"Nothing gives you such a sense of the infinite as stupidity"

finally a more mature thread...

yeah it was at Bradenton Motorsports park. Yeah the track is definently very sticky. Between my launches still not getting better than 1.9 60's, sticky surface, and my EBC (profec B) not being able to figure out what do with the long staging times and thus inconsistent boost. Anway are you coming up here sometime? I'd definently like to see you run. I think my friends might have seen you, and in fact i might have even met you once as there was a guy from Ft. Lauderdale here with a wrb sedan that was fast, was that you?
    No that wasn't me. I haven't been up to Bradenton Motorpark in a few months. I usually race in Immokelle. They have an 1/8 mile track thats reasonably close to where I live. Bradenton Motorpark is a good 240mile round trip for me.

Lately I've been having my own issues with my new Bridgestone S-03 Pole Positions tires on my 17'' wheels. They are so sticky that I can't seem to get off the line like I'm used to. I'm going to have to put some cheaper (harder compound tires) on my car or switch back to the original wheels/Tires the next time I go to the track.

And yes Bradenton Motorpark is very sticky. For an awd car its a little to sticky. My last run there 12.7 @ 108mph, I came off the line at about 5-6k and was hitting the redline on my tach leaving the line. (WOW) I also glazed over the clutch a bit but over all it was a good run. Thats pretty hard on my car. I can't race my WRX like that every day. But thats what it takes for me to get a good run at Bradenton Motorpark.

Down in Immokelle they don't prep the track as good and its a little more friendly for awd. (unfriendly for rwd)I've run as fast as 8.18 in the 1/8 on that track. I've beaten some pretty fast cars down there.( z06s, Vipers, Cobras, etc) The 1/8 mile is a perfect race for a WRX.

My WRX is blue with gold Prodrives and an OEM underspoiler kit. I'm tall, 6'3'' and skinny. If you see me at the track just come over and say hi.

yeah it was a couple of months ago that they saw whomever it was.
    autobahn storming scooby

I'd say the dodge is a bargain at under 20K. Not everyone out there can afford the overpriced sports cars of late. I applaud any manufacturer who brings cars of the like to market. Seems to me that Subaru renewed interest in the low priced turbo performance car.
    '03 blaze yellow wagon-stock for now

Always interviewing for a Victoria's Secret fitting room attendant, but never getting hired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast