2 SRT4's in one night! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2 SRT4's in one night! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ticket magnet I'd say the dodge is a bargain at under 20K. Not everyone out there can ...

Originally posted by ticket magnet
    I'd say the dodge is a bargain at under 20K. Not everyone out there can afford the overpriced sports cars of late. I applaud any manufacturer who brings cars of the like to market. Seems to me that Subaru renewed interest in the low priced turbo performance car.
    If you bought your WRX simply because it was a low priced turbo car, you bought the wrong car..

I can't stress this anymore, so many people bought WRX going for that straight-line performance, yet there are so many better straight-line cars than the WRX for less than $20k

How is the SRT-4 a bargain when an used RX-7 for only $10-12K run 11s with just a few mods.

I would expect most WRX owners picked the WRX because it has good "all-around" performance, AWD traction, and durability from their WRC program.

The Neon, which I've driven 2 of them is not even close to Imprezas in terms of quality and reliability. Drop a turbo, some parts, bin and call it a SRT-4. Cool, it's a Turbo'ed Neon, nothing new..

It's sad to hear and read so many WRX owners feeling they've bought the wrong car...
    02' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WReXnFX,

I didn't buy my WRX to drag race. I bought it because I wanted a performance car. My wagon carries what I need regardless of weather condition safely, that is it. The benefit of more horsepower and handling is what I call a bargain. The matrix/vibe was the only thing close in price as far as a wagon goes. If I wanted a drag car, I'd buy a Nova, strip it and then run it. I merely stated that Dodge is offering a NEW performance car for a reasonable price which is not the norm. Not everyone has the time to mod out a used car that would double as a commuter. Sure the modded rx may be faster on a straight track, but lets try a curvy farm to market road in the rain and see who comes out ahead. Thats what I'm saying.
    '03 blaze yellow wagon-stock for now

Always interviewing for a Victoria's Secret fitting room attendant, but never getting hired.

So what were the times on the SRT-4's??

You should have there times on your time slip right...? I'm just currious as to the times they ran.. I figure they were differnet the second SRT-4 sounds like he is a low 14's 14.2 ish or so...

Please let me know...

sorry i don't have their times. At my track they rip the time slips in half. Each person receives their half and that's it. I know that one guy ran a 14.5 on his first run ever. And the other guy must have been running low 14's. They are good in the 1/4 mile for a FWD car.
    autobahn storming scooby

I went to Moroso this past Wednesday, and I saw an SRT-4 make a couple runs. He dropped his car down to 14.4, but this was like his first time driving a stick on the strip. I give big props to Dodge for stepping up their game in the sport compact category. 1. he was new to driving the quarter and 2. he had 700 miles on it. Beware of them.

Mika

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.