Evo 8

This is a discussion on Evo 8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; exterior is not that bad, but i won't dig it interior ...... let's not talk about it, but ! the ...

Evo 8

exterior is not that bad, but i won't dig it
    interior ...... let's not talk about it, but ! the recaro seat and the intercooler spray button on the dash board is amazing

performance ....... not really that great
    price is mucho expensive
    it's just not worth the money don't u think

so ....... what do u think?

to me ...... overall is fugly

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I always like to ask my wife what she thinks as far as looks since she has about the most non-biased view. Doesn't care about performance or prestige. We saw one today and she said she thought it was some kind of Pontiac. I thought it looked really neat but I still think the STI has more attitude.
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

I think that the EVO VIII is a car person's car. Most people, my self included, just can't get past its unattractive looks. I saw one while I was jogging in the park. The front mount intercooler looked cool and all, but I'd still pick my rex over it on any given day
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    I think that the EVO VIII is a car person's car. Most people, my self included, just can't get past its unattractive looks. I saw one while I was jogging in the park. The front mount intercooler looked cool and all, but I'd still pick my rex over it on any given day
    Not me. I think the evo 8 looks better than the my02/03

Originally posted by BamBooI
    Not me. I think the evo 8 looks better than the my02/03
    Really? I guess I just need time for it to grow on me.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

***OMG...was driving down the main "drag" that has all the big dealerships on it, just tonight killing time. Stopped by the Subaru dealership to check out some Rex's cause I'm getting closer to be able to get mine.....well...adjacent to the Subaru lot is a Mitsubishi lot. I said to my friend..."omg you think they got the EVO yet?" We drove over, sure enough, on the showroom floor there sat a freakin amazing looking Candy apple red Evo8 with gunmetal rims...and I was 0% financing and no payments till '04

Let's just say that WOW...very impressed and personally I love the way the thing looks...brings a possibility to my head..but I won't say it just yet, gotta find out if I get my new job first
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

EVO's are all very ugly.
    I love my WRX 02 Wagon.
    So much nicer.
    Thanks
    Tuca
    2002 Black Wagon WRX
    315HP With the PM-ID

The front is ugly.
    The back is Fugly.

The front is too sharp angle-like...it's the trend, I know, but I don't like this trend and it makes the car look too much like other ugly cars.
    The back is beyond just distasteful. I don't mind a big wing, but the bumper molding is ghey.

The whole FMIC movement...I think they will become very common in the next couple of years...that appeal will come and go when every mustang on the road starts sport'n them (especially if the HP race continues)

And every car looks like the shiznit in the showroom...especially if it's a new design...(maybe not the Aztec...that thing would be fugly wrapped up in a Ferrari).

It';s all about the long term attraction...in the end the car will be known for it's mad handles.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

can we add intercooler spray on the Rex?
    it looks cool on the EVO 8

Originally posted by chobits
    can we add intercooler spray on the Rex?
    it looks cool on the EVO 8
    Yes.

Rallispec.com has a low budget one.

I recently got the MRT electronic control unit kit. All the others you either push the button like your wiper sprayer. This is novel, but probably not all that great.

The MRT has 3 criteria that needs to be met before it automatically turns on for a set duration: boost, inlet air temp, and engine temp (I think). When all three hits the designated setting, it turns on. It's also a boost and inlet temp gauge. It's a costly thing, but I think it's worth it. Mine came with it's onw stainless steel tank with measure tube...the thing is pretty high tech for a relatively low-tech application (ie spraying water to cool things down).

I read a post somewhere (?) where a guy tested the affects of a sprayer, splitter, and scoop size...in the end, the sprayer demonstrated the best cooling efficiency.

Cooler air means a cooler engine which is all good....along w/ the performance gains of denser air.

Sorry for the OT...but I'm stoked about the kit I just got

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

wrx owners complaing about evo's looks

i find that amusing but yes looks are subjective
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    Yes.

Rallispec.com has a low budget one.

I recently got the MRT electronic control unit kit. All the others you either push the button like your wiper sprayer. This is novel, but probably not all that great.

The MRT has 3 criteria that needs to be met before it automatically turns on for a set duration: boost, inlet air temp, and engine temp (I think). When all three hits the designated setting, it turns on. It's also a boost and inlet temp gauge. It's a costly thing, but I think it's worth it. Mine came with it's onw stainless steel tank with measure tube...the thing is pretty high tech for a relatively low-tech application (ie spraying water to cool things down).

I read a post somewhere (?) where a guy tested the affects of a sprayer, splitter, and scoop size...in the end, the sprayer demonstrated the best cooling efficiency.

Cooler air means a cooler engine which is all good....along w/ the performance gains of denser air.

Sorry for the OT...but I'm stoked about the kit I just got

Hg.
    is it this one?

STi Water Spray System

RST-8300 Ver.7 STi Manual Water Spray Switch -- $29
    RST-8301 Ver.4/5/6 STi Manual Water Spray Switch -- $23
    -This is a momentary on type switch for providing water spray as needed during heat soak conditions. Uses same style connector as cruise and fog lamp switches.

RST-8303 Ver.7 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $29
    RST-8304 Ver.4/5/6 STi Automatic Water Spray Switch -- $23
    -This is an on-off type switch with indicator light for "on" position.
    -For use as an arming switch in a boost or temperature activated automatic water spray system. Uses same style connector as cruise and fog lamp switches.

RST-8785 STi Water Spray Nozzle -- $10
    -Dispenses a fine mist of liquid in a fan shaped pattern over the intercooler core.

RST-8780 Ver.7 STi RA Spec C Water Spray Tank & Hose Kit -- $147
    RST-8781 Ver.7 Washer Tank w/ 2nd Pump for Water Spray -- $85
    -We offer two water spray tank options. The first, from the Spec C, is a large 12L tank that bolts to the vertical supports behind the back seat (in the trunk). The second more economical options is the factory windshield washer tank that uses a second pump to feed the water spray system. RST-8780 comes complete with all hoses to run to the water spray nozzles. There is also a 3.8L trunk mounted tank available by special order for $137.