My WRX vs. Supercharged Jetta
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX vs. Supercharged Jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is an older video when I still had stock upipe even, and small diameter STI dealer muffler at the ...

My WRX vs. Supercharged Jetta

This is an older video when I still had stock upipe even, and small diameter STI dealer muffler at the end of my turboback. Car still felt almost as fast as it is now though, I ran an 13.44 with it in the old setup, but my last time at the track(past Sunday) with my new mods(upipe clutch/flywheel) I only ran an 13.5@100mph. I don't think I had my best run in though.. I'll have to go again sometime.

http://dl2emin3m.hypermart.net/WrxVsjetta.wmv

That jetta sounds pretty sweet listen

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Excuse that funny look on my face, I guess thats what I look like when I race hahaha..

Cool vid! I've also got a A4 (most recent model) Golf GTI w/a 2.0 that I'm thinking about doing a turbo conversion on. It will be much quicker than the SC'd one you raced but it all comes down to money.

Anyhow, looked like the Jetta got smoked
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by PaulRex
    Excuse that funny look on my face, I guess thats what I look like when I race hahaha..
    Haha I was just about to comment on that. You look dumbfounded..like you are thinking "Where do I go, Where do I go?"
    04 SVT Lightning

Nice runs! He spent more on mods than you and you still won. Was that on Van Nuys Blvd.? Kinda looked like it...

that jetta sounds real nice

which car was chirping on the shift?
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Ajdaman it wasn't on Van Nuys..

And Shibby, it was the volkwagon. I don't think I've ever chirped or spun my tires in between shifts, only during drag launches sometimes..

arent u the guy that 'lost' to that srt-4. im curious, it seems ur car is pretty kick ass and fast, 13.5, the neon shouldnt have been that hard to catch up, even if he had the lead from jumping the horn. im confused, do our cars suck THAT much from a roll?????

damn, i need a turbo upgrade

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by ellinopedo182
    arent u the guy that 'lost' to that srt-4. im curious, it seems ur car is pretty kick ass and fast, 13.5, the neon shouldnt have been that hard to catch up, even if he had the lead from jumping the horn. im confused, do our cars suck THAT much from a roll?????

damn, i need a turbo upgrade

peter
    Stock Neons trap at 98-100mph mph stock in the 1/4mile.. my car traps at 100mph usually, plus Neons are lighter and FWD so they have an advantage on an roll of course. I have an advantage from an stop so it evens out sort of

Anyway, I think the results will be different on the next vid anyway But if you get an turbo upgrade, pick me one up too ok!

A buddy of mine has a 01 vr6..he is thinking about getting it supercharged...nice cars...not fond on the purple lights inside tho..kinda weird out my eyes at night..i like the green lights on wrx..did u know the human eye can make out green better than anyother color in the dark...anyway..nice race man..cant wait till the rematch on the srt4...peace

Wow! i totally couldnt even see the jetta in the first race. your adams apple was in the way.

Seriously though, Paulrex is like the man with the videos .. save for that little "race" from a roll with the neon.

Thanks for posting all the vids though, they are all very cool.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Wow! i totally couldnt even see the jetta in the first race. your adams apple was in the way.

Seriously though, Paulrex is like the man with the videos .. save for that little "race" from a roll with the neon.

Thanks for posting all the vids though, they are all very cool.
    LOL my adamaapple hehe Yeah I'm an skinny guy, but the chicks dig me you know..

LOL

Yah you are pretty skinny.. it must be nice to be able to fit in the wrx seats.. plus your weight to hp ratio is much better then mine
    -Andrew

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Yah you are pretty skinny.. it must be nice to be able to fit in the wrx seats.. plus your weight to hp ratio is much better then mine
    I really need JDM wrx seats, they are alittle more slender, and have more upper body area support. For money/airbag reasons I guess, we got the seats from the JDM/UK Impreza NA IIRC.. I don't think the seats in our cars come on any other wrx besides Puerto Rico I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast