Wrx Vs. B20integra w/B16head and other mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx Vs. B20integra w/B16head and other mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1st gear roll 20mph http://dl2emin3m.hypermart.net/b20vsWrx.wmv Sorry if this was posted here before.. I was boosting 15psi in 2-3rd gear and ...

Wrx Vs. B20integra w/B16head and other mods

1st gear roll 20mph
    http://dl2emin3m.hypermart.net/b20vsWrx.wmv

Sorry if this was posted here before..

I was boosting 15psi in 2-3rd gear and 16psi in 4th, it was cold out too
    Last edited by PaulRex; 03-13-2003 at 03:28 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I am killing someone this badly, I often let off a bit, just so it appears close. You know, kind of a pity thing.

Anyway, nice kill and nice vid!
    02 WRB WRX
    --whole lotta mods

haha nice kill! keep up the vids
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Kill killl kill! Nice.

X

wow look.. a video featureing a wrx and its winning.. amazing.

did that integra have the 1 wiper mod?
    -Andrew

I used to be into those Hondas... what did you call an engine with a B20 block and a B16 head? Was that the "Frankenstein" motor? 'Cause I know the LS-VTEC is the B18 block and the Type-R (B18C5) head, right?

Hopefully soon I will have a 2004 WRX and can share similar stories of laying other cars to waste.

B20/vtec is the frankenstein along with the ls/vtec. Some of the b20's use the Si head or the gsr head. The ls/vtec uses the "R" or the other heads said before. Most guys I know are running the ls setup. Although I know of someone who has a b20/turbo and that mutha is bad...
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

Nice race Paul. Don't you find it funny that these guys are not crying about the race from a roll now? Pretty funny, I'd say.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Nice race Paul. Don't you find it funny that these guys are not crying about the race from a roll now? Pretty funny, I'd say.
    well in most cases we have an advantage from a start, from a roll is hardly the WRX's strong suit. Some cars are better at one then the other, we just happen to be better from a stop then a roll
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    well in most cases we have an advantage from a start, from a roll is hardly the WRX's strong suit. Some cars are better at one then the other, we just happen to be better from a stop then a roll
    I understand that. I was referring to all these threads with videos of a WRX losing from a roll. Excuse after excuse pops up, usually about the race being from a roll. Now we see a video with one winning from a roll, and no one seems to mind.

I understand that. I was referring to all these threads with videos of a WRX losing from a roll. Excuse after excuse pops up, usually about the race being from a roll. Now we see a video with one winning from a roll, and no one seems to mind.
    Yes, I understand what you are saying. But it probably would have been worse from a stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

maybe there wasnt a need for an excuse??? I thought the rex won...

I didn't check the link, too slow connection

Originally posted by necro
    maybe there wasnt a need for an excuse??? I thought the rex won...

I didn't check the link, too slow connection
    Then why the need for excuses when a rex loses?

I Support ClubWRX
    I totally understand what you're saying...
    Why didn't anyone say anything about it being from a roll? Well, it was already a slaughter. It would've been worse anyway. With other cars vs. WRX (cars more evenly matched) the WRX is stronger from a stop than most, so we, as enthusiasts of this particular car, would like to use every advantage we can. Anyone who is into any particular car will always want to have these advantages. It's not an excuse... at least not for me. It's more of a curiosity about whether the other car is faster and more powerful in other conditions. Also, racing from a roll can be a bad gauge for this because there are too many variables to consider. From a stop, everyone is going the same exact speed and starting in the same gear at the same time. This is just my take on it though...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i think racing from a stop is a drivers race, and racing from a roll is a cars race. Meaning simply that it takes more skill to launch from a stop, so it is a drivers race. From a roll, it is between which car is more powerful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.