350 Z and SRT4 in 1 night
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350 Z and SRT4 in 1 night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok well since srt4 trolls are posting about killing the wrx like it really matters to the rest of us ...

350 Z and SRT4 in 1 night

ok well since srt4 trolls are posting about killing the wrx like it really matters to the rest of us i thought i'd share my tuesday night highway. i was going to my gf's house and i stumbled upon a 350z. it was a middle aged guy so i gave him the thumbs up and he returned it and he hit the gas so we were cruising down the highway. not a race just speeding along together then i get off and i'm at a light boom what do i see SRT-4. i was so pumped. so i wanna hear how fast they really are. so the guy driving it rolled down his window and said asked if i wanted to go so i said sure. light turns green and i seriously RUIN this SRT4. this guy must've been a horrible driver because civic si's put up more of a fight then this guy. i had at least 4 cars on him by like 100. i'm assuming it's the driver because they have some punch to them and he was no where to be found. it's not like my rex is a speed demon or anything. just thought i'd share a KILL. i can't wait to come across 1 with someone who can drive standard well.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool story - sounds like the driver was kind of ghetto - perhaps a teeny bopper that just got his ride

Exactly. I have been saying this all along. I really think the majority of SRT-4 owners are going to be non-enthusiasts who have no idea how to drive. It is a fast car, but will go no where unless the pilot know his a$$ from his elbow when it comes to driving.

Good kill.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Exactly. I have been saying this all along. I really think the majority of SRT-4 owners are going to be non-enthusiasts who have no idea how to drive. It is a fast car, but will go no where unless the pilot know his a$$ from his elbow when it comes to driving.

Good kill.

-joe
    100% agreed. WRX's are enthusiast cars made for 'drivers.'. I don't feel like the SRT-4 really is. Maybe later in its life...but I sincerely doubt it.
    2010 SSM STI

How can it be a drivers car putting down that much HP without a LSD. Seems like a necessity to me.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by campbell
    How can it be a drivers car putting down that much HP without a LSD. Seems like a necessity to me.

Grrr!!! You put me on the spot! I was trying NOT to flame the SRT-4!
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by campbell
    exactly a drivers car would have the essentials for performance driving. AWD wrx...rear LSD WRX...Turbo WRX...

the srt-4 in my view is just a regular turbo neon.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Aren't the SRT-4's NOT available in MA yet? I think you lined up with an ACR. Looks very similar.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Aren't the SRT-4's NOT available in MA yet? I think you lined up with an ACR. Looks very similar.
    are they available in CT yet cuz where i live is 5minutes from ct and i didn't look for a plate all i saw was SRT-4..unless some stupid ricer kid put the badge on.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    are they available in CT yet cuz where i live is 5minutes from ct and i didn't look for a plate all i saw was SRT-4..unless some stupid ricer kid put the badge on.
    As far as I know they are not available anywhere around here. I could be wrong, just throwing out ideas. I hope it was an SRT-4, I wanna start seeing them on the roads.

i wish i got a better look at the car here now that u said that 2001s4. it had the spoiler that the srt-4 does, and i'm almost 100% positive it had the srt-4 emblem. now if i'm wrong i apologize for pumping everyone up about the kill. in no way is this meant to be BS. hopefully i'll see him again or someone can shed some light here. i hope it was an SRT-4 cuz i ruined him!! haha.

but it was put best in this thread that the wrx is a drivers car that's what it was aimed for. the srt-4 was aimed at civic owners.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    i wish i got a better look at the car here now that u said that 2001s4. it had the spoiler that the srt-4 does, and i'm almost 100% positive it had the srt-4 emblem. now if i'm wrong i apologize for pumping everyone up about the kill. in no way is this meant to be BS. hopefully i'll see him again or someone can shed some light here. i hope it was an SRT-4 cuz i ruined him!! haha.

but it was put best in this thread that the wrx is a drivers car that's what it was aimed for. the srt-4 was aimed at civic owners.
    I am not saying it wasn't an SRT-4 either. I just don't think a WRX would pull that much. Not saying it would or wouldn't pull, just don't know about that much. As far as the last statement, i couldn't disagree more. Why is it hard to believe that this car was built with enthusiasts and NOT teenagers in mind. Not everyone like AWD. Not everyone likes RWD. After talking to some SRT-4 owners on other forums, it sounds like the car is surprisingly easy to launch with not much wheelspin.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    I am not saying it wasn't an SRT-4 either. I just don't think a WRX would pull that much. Not saying it would or wouldn't pull, just don't know about that much. As far as the last statement, i couldn't disagree more. Why is it hard to believe that this car was built with enthusiasts and NOT teenagers in mind. Not everyone like AWD. Not everyone likes RWD. After talking to some SRT-4 owners on other forums, it sounds like the car is surprisingly easy to launch with not much wheelspin.
    i dont think it was aimed at an enthusiat. what is 95% of drivers dream car.....SKYLINE...if u go to ANY car forum and ask about the skyline odds are they say boy i wish i had one or what not. skyline AWD turbo. no offense to older people on this site but the sport compact market is for young kids cuz that's what we've (speaking since i'm only 20) grown up with that. i dont remember the muscle car. the fact is the neon which is a semi popular sport compact is offered with a turbo and some white face guages. relativly the same interior. IMHO i dont think the srt-4 was made for an enthusiast i think it was made for the "street racer teenager sport compact" image. if it was truely an enthusiast car then it would have some better goodies. but that's my $.02
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I agree, its all capitalsim. They are just "capitalizing" on a trend. The WRX was around long before the "boy racer" scene hit. Granted, the WRX might have been brought to the USDM because of the trend, but the car has been around for a long time. It has been designed and refined for the enthusiast, for fans of motorsports, not for fans of TFATF and video taping street racing from a roll while wearing an upside down visor and big boots that do not even allow you to feel the pedals.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Why do so many of you WRX owners have such a problem with the SRT-4? And don't tell me you don't. I have seen MAYBE 4 or 5 WRX owners on this whole site who only have good things to say about the car and don't nitpick and search for trash to say about it. The fact is that both cars are in the EXACT same market directed towards the EXACT same demographic. They are close in price, close in performance, and even close in looks to some point. I applaud the few that say "nice car".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.