350 Z and SRT4 in 1 night - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350 Z and SRT4 in 1 night within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody.. stare at my avatar for atleast 1 minute before posting.. it will make the world a better place....

Hey everybody.. stare at my avatar for atleast 1 minute before posting.. it will make the world a better place.
    -Andrew
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Guys! It seems to me the last month has turned into a flame fest with the advent of a lot of cars with competition for the WRX.

This thread is THIS close to being closed, so please - calm it down. I'm not taking anyone's side here, - if you want to DISCUSS the differences between the SRT-4 and the WRX, that's fine. But I feel like this is degenerating into a flame fest.

Take it easy ok?
    As far as I am concerned, you can close every single SRT-4 thread as soon as they open. Not one of them has served a purpose. Unless you believe that all must bow down to the almighty WRX.

Originally posted by lambosv21
    agreed...no need to get defensive about the rex bc the srt-4 is comparible for less money

lol <----that was for the bowing to the almighty wrx comment

i have a feeling its gonna get closed anyways
    Last edited by lambosv21; 03-13-2003 at 03:13 PM.
    lambosv21

Originally posted by lambosv21
    lets hear it for koyo kid who knows every marketing strategy of dodge and subaru
    You dont have to work for the company to know what demographics they make a car for. Seriously, you could have a monkey brain and figure it out.
    04 SVT Lightning

My email

Maybe I should put OW3ND on this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails email.jpg  
    -Andrew

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    dodge should've built a new platform for it. the neon isn't the best constructed car in the world.

Originally posted by 2001S4
    All the arguments you just made apply to the WRX in the same way, minus the last statement with FWD of course.
    Wrong, unless they redesigned the neons frame to be %180 stiffer like the WRX is compared to the previous imprezas. The WRX is a completely different platform compared to its predecessor. Just correcting false info.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    You dont have to work for the company to know what demographics they make a car for. Seriously, you could have a monkey brain and figure it out.
    Maybe so, but no one has yet to answer me on who both the SRT-4 and the WRX's demographics are.

Originally posted by JRod
    Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    dodge should've built a new platform for it. the neon isn't the best constructed car in the world.

Wrong, unless they redesigned the neons frame to be %180 stiffer like the WRX is compared to the previous imprezas. The WRX is a completely different platform compared to its predecessor. Just correcting false info.
    I would hate to be an Impreza driver. Cause it must be the most dangerous, worthless car ever built.

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    As stated in the previous posts...i wasn't getting into demographics because it gets into some deep detail. monkey brain

you're right you could make some basic judgements and conclusions but you still don't know the foundation of why each company built the car and specifically for what reason. All this banking on F&F is a good theory, but they could also just want to have made a stand against imports Specifically because of F&F...it really goes either way
    lambosv21

I would hate to be an Impreza driver. Cause it must be the most dangerous, worthless car ever built.
    Come on, nobody comes across like that (close maybe) if that's what you're implying. Just get your facts straight. Do you really think we're pulling all this stuff out our a$$es? We just dont like seeing misinformation about the WRX.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver

Originally posted by JRod
    Come on, nobody comes across like that (close maybe) if that's what you're implying. Just get your facts straight. Do you really think we're pulling all this stuff out our a$$es? We just dont like seeing misinformation about the WRX.
    And I don't like seeing misinformation about EITHER car. You think I am pulling it out of my a$$? Yes, a lot of people are coming across like that. A lot of peope here are pointing out any upside the WRX has, and EVERY downside the SRT-4 has. You think I am wrong? You just did the one thing I have been arguing. You came up with an excuse. Yes and excuse. The WRX is safer. I have driven plenty of FWD cars in the northeast through horrible weather. Guess what, I am still here. I have never had an issue. I have NEVER posted misinformation about the WRX as you IMPLY. I am the one that is on the defensive for a car I have never had. Why? Cause so many of you guys are so entranced by the one car you have had that has performance. Possibly some of you have had experience with other performance cars and just love the WRX because of its awesome performance. But more and more, with all these threads, I am doubting it more and more. My own friend who owns a WRX has looked at this board and just shook his head in disgust. WAKE UP. The WRX is a great car. THERE ARE MANY GREAT CARS OUT THERE. IF I asked you right now if you would take a Z06 today if you could afford one, I already know what your response would be. "No. I can keep my car that I bought for $23K and put $10K into it and destroy a Z06". It is a silly, stupid argument. The Z06 is far superior and always will be. Everyone here seems to misinterpret my post has WRX hating. I love the car. I love its potential. I also know what it is built for. Not a rally car. You want a real rally car you build one yourself from the bottom up. You want a fast, AWD, four door sedan to drive everyday, you get a WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    ::sighs::

Final warning guys!
    2010 SSM STI

Aren't the SRT-4's NOT available in MA yet? I think you lined up with an ACR. Looks very similar.
    I was considering getting an SRT-4 a month or so ago before I made up my mind. Hence I had been browsing the SRT boards and hearing what all the people were saying about it and how excited they all were about it. Sounded like MANY of them were planning on making trips to Florida, Cali, some of those coastal states just to get their hands on the SRT-4.

As a matter of fact, fairly recently I read about someone flying down there with a friend, buying 2 of them ...taking a roadtrip home...just so they could sell the other one up here with a higher price tag So I wouldn't be surprised if it WAS an SRT-4 and the guy made a trip to go get it.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

And I don't like seeing misinformation about EITHER car. You think I am pulling it out of my a$$? Yes, a lot of people are coming across like that. A lot of peope here are pointing out any upside the WRX has, and EVERY downside the SRT-4 has. You think I am wrong? You just did the one thing I have been arguing. You came up with an excuse. Yes and excuse. The WRX is safer. I have driven plenty of FWD cars in the northeast through horrible weather. Guess what, I am still here. I have never had an issue. I have NEVER posted misinformation about the WRX as you IMPLY. I am the one that is on the defensive for a car I have never had. Why? Cause so many of you guys are so entranced by the one car you have had that has performance. Possibly some of you have had experience with other performance cars and just love the WRX because of its awesome performance. But more and more, with all these threads, I am doubting it more and more. My own friend who owns a WRX has looked at this board and just shook his head in disgust. WAKE UP. The WRX is a great car. THERE ARE MANY GREAT CARS OUT THERE. IF I asked you right now if you would take a Z06 today if you could afford one, I already know what your response would be. "No. I can keep my car that I bought for $23K and put $10K into it and destroy a Z06". It is a silly, stupid argument. The Z06 is far superior and always will be. Everyone here seems to misinterpret my post has WRX hating. I love the car. I love its potential. I also know what it is built for. Not a rally car. You want a real rally car you build one yourself from the bottom up. You want a fast, AWD, four door sedan to drive everyday, you get a WRX.
    Actually, I have posted some positive things about the SRT-4 just not on this thread. I wasnt trying to say anything about the superior safety of the WRX, hehe j/k. I was referring to the fact that the WRX is a completely different platform. The frame stiffness was just an example of that. The SRT-4 IS a neon platform, simple as that.

I try to never make excuses it's embarassing, I just want the right info posted.
    Last edited by JRod; 03-13-2003 at 04:05 PM.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.