WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2001S4, Wow, never thought of it that way. You have a point. WRX owners do indeed pull the SAME stunt. ...

2001S4,

Wow, never thought of it that way. You have a point. WRX owners do indeed pull the SAME stunt. Examples:

1. "He just got beat by a 4 cylinder sedan"

2. "He just got beat by a car half the price"

I've read that so many times. Anyways, good point, but I guess there will always be those people .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smolten
    That may be but guess what.... your 24,000 WRX + $4000 in mod got beat twice but a 19.995 neon
    My WRX only has about $400 worth of mods in it. And it's a Wagon so it only cost $23,500.

The only SRT-4 I've met on the street was in Bear Creek Canyon. I used my momentum out of a corner to slot by on a short straight like he was standing still. Didn't realize it was SRT-4 until I looked in my mirror and saw the little scoop breifly before he vanished out of sight completely. And I was on snow tires on dry pavement.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    2001S4,

Wow, never thought of it that way. You have a point. WRX owners do indeed pull the SAME stunt. Examples:

1. "He just got beat by a 4 cylinder sedan"

2. "He just got beat by a car half the price"

I've read that so many times. Anyways, good point, but I guess there will always be those people .
    The first time I romped on a Camaro, I was chanting to myself " Thats right man, 4 cylinders IN YOUR FACE!!" I guess we all do it The Neon has replaced us as the " Lowest $ for the highest performance.", except I still believe that with AWD we still come out ahead. Thats just my opinion though.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

I didn't even see the Vid but it sounds like they were pretty close in speed after the initial jump. The one comment I need to put in is that a well driven WRX with 4K in performance mods would make a stock SRT-4 look slow.
    With 4k in performance mods a WRX could easily run 12s. Thats a fact.

With 4k in mods a WRX can run dead even or even beat an LS1 Vette from a 2nd gear roll up to 120mph. I should know I've done it many times.

Hey thats me driving in the videos..
    First off I dont have $4k invested in my car I'm not sure who through that number out lol.. I'm still on stock turbo/stock ECU/stock IC. Just catless 2.5inch turboback, Perrin upipe, GFB MBC, GFB pullies, Samco IC hoses/radiator hoses too, STI organic clutch etc. with JUN flywheel, STI engine/tranny mounts, and STI hoodscoop. - Thats it for power mods, it may seem like alot but on the stock ECU it will only do so much.

Secondly, the Neon DID get the jump on me, he went on my third honk and I went after it.. Not an excuse but he really did only beat me by what he jumped me by.

Also I was catching him in 4th gear, however the reason why I stopped racing was because I was at redline(which I say at end of vid.) and didn't want to hit fuel cut.

I just reset my computer yesterday and adjusted my boost down to about 14psi in 2-3rd gear and 14.5psi in 4th gear.. Next time I race him I will have it set alittle higher, maybe 14.5psi in 2nd-3rd, and 15.5psi in 4th and see if that changes things.. I'll probably see him again Sunday.

The reason why we didn't race from an stop was because 1.My car would win and 2. I don't like launching my car when I know I'm going to win because it's not worth the risk..

If I get another vid this Sunday I'll be sure to post it here and not on nasdaq
    Last edited by PaulRex; 03-13-2003 at 01:27 PM.

Originally posted by PaulRex
    First off I dont have $4k invested in my car I'm not sure who through that number out lol.. I'm still on stock turbo/stock ECU/stock IC. Just catless 2.5inch turboback, Perrin upipe, GFB MBC, GFB pullies, Samco IC hoses/radiator hoses too, STI organic clutch etc. with JUN flywheel. Thats it for power mods, it may seem like alot but on the stock ECU it will only do so much.

Secondly, the Neon DID get the jump on me, he went on my third honk and I went after it.. Not an excuse but he really did only beat me by what he jumped me by.

Also I was catching him in 4th gear, however the reason why I stopped racing was because I was at redline(which I say at end of vid.) and didn't want to hit fuel cut.

I just reset my computer yesterday and adjusted my boost down to about 14psi in 2-3rd gear and 14.5psi in 4th gear.. Next time I race him I will have it set alittle higher, maybe 14.5psi in 2nd-3rd, and 15.5psi in 4th and see if that changes things.. I'll probably see him again Sunday.

The reason why we didn't race from an stop was because 1.My car would win and 2. I don't like launching my car when I know I'm going to win because it's not worth the risk..

Cool, thanks for the info. Your car souded sweet in the video. Is the SRT-4 stock as well? Was it a friend or just some guy you saw on the road somewhere?

First off I dont have $4k invested in my car I'm not sure who through that number out lol.. I'm still on stock turbo/stock ECU/stock IC. Just catless 2.5inch turboback, Perrin upipe, GFB MBC, GFB pullies, Samco IC hoses/radiator hoses too, STI organic clutch etc. with JUN flywheel, STI engine/tranny mounts, and STI hoodscoop. - Thats it for power mods, it may seem like alot but on the stock ECU it will only do so much.

awesome! good to see u on here
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

edit: Deleted Paul Rex quote
    Thank you for sheding some light. You just supported the premise of my whole argument. There is no way a stock SRT-4 would sling shot a modded WRX like that. But also its not the SRT-4 drivers fault he went at your third honk and you went after it I think its kinda funny smolten thinks a stock SRT-4 will keep up with a WRX with $4000 in performance mods.
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 03-13-2003 at 02:00 PM.
    04 SVT Lightning

The SRT-4 was bone stock from what I know, it had an big cone filter(K&N) in the airbox but I don't think thats doing anything for him.. The owner is an freind of my freinds. He bought the car in Florida I think when it was first available.

Why did you get a 2.5 inch turbo back and not a 3 inch? Just curious
    -Andrew

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Wow view the other guy's vid vs. the S4. If anything was a real spanking, it was getting beat by that lightly modded s4!!! LOL!
    Hehe yeah that S4 is an beast.. He is neck and neck with my freinds WRX with an VF30/STIinjectors/ECUTEK upgraded topmount full exhuast etc.. Through 4th gear there side by side pretty much

Cool

Could you guys qoute PaulRex any more? 3 people qouting the same guy 1 after the other.

Oh yeah good race. I like to think a race is from a stop, but whatever.
    /:

Im with the people about the racing from a stop. And its not because I drive a wrx or anything. But where else have you ever heard of a race from anything other then a stop?

I mean I may have missed it but I dont remember any olympic events where the runners start from a jog. Or the swimmers start from a float.

Racing from a roll is a way for people to eliminate two weaknesses they may have. The first thing is the lack of the cars ability to get a quick start. The other reason is it may make up for thier lack of driving skill.

I mean as far as a straight line race goes I think the start is the most difficult part of the race and decides many races. I mean there isnt a lot involved to cruiseing in second gear and then stepping on the pedal really hard. Im not saying a proper launch is the hardest thing in the world, but it does require more skill.
    -Andrew

ID like to comment on the idea of the srt-4 being a drag car and the wrx a twisties car. Heres my thoughts, ultimately the wrx will be the better drag car and twisties car. As you start adding power the srt-4 will have a problem getting the power to the ground while the wrx flys away, same applies for in the corners we have more grip and are capable of having more usable power on the track etc. Stock cars though the srt-4 is a tad faster in the 1/4 mile, we need to wait and see an actual test with both cars on the same day condition etc from a mag etc. Just my $.02

Yes but it is a far better highway "race" car

AWD is cool, its cool because you can go drive in the mud and make guys with trucks wonder what the hell that wagon is doing there.
    -Andrew

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.