WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The only thing I disagree with is the title. The WRX got beat, if he didnt like the outcome of ...

The only thing I disagree with is the title. The WRX got beat, if he didnt like the outcome of the 1st race he should've raced again and made sure to get a better start. But spanked? Spanking is what I would to to a SRT-4 That was a close race and in the end the WRX was pulling.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Indeed Max, that was no spanking. First video was a spanking, second video was more about an stock SRT-4 holding its own from a roll against a fully bolt-oned stock turboed WRX. And yes, you would layeth the smacketh downeth .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-13-2003 at 11:06 AM.

Originally posted by Mad Max 03
    The only thing I disagree with is the title. The WRX got beat, if he didnt like the outcome of the 1st race he should've raced again and made sure to get a better start. But spanked? Spanking is what I would to to a SRT-4 That was a close race and in the end the WRX was pulling.

The srt-4 never shuts down... the wrx (w/ $4,000 in mods) just gave up and slowed down

stock for stock from a stop I believe its a drivers race.

a stock for stock "Race" from a roll I bet the neon wins unless he screws up
    -Andrew

Hey smolten what do you think of what I wrote regarding the two vids? I know you dont think the SRT-4 had a jump, I dont think so either but how could it just jump ahead like that? Yet a stock wrx would jump ahead of srt-4 w/mbc during the initial WOT??
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Hey smolten what do you think of what I wrote regarding the two vids? I know you dont think the SRT-4 had a jump, I dont think so either but how could it just jump ahead like that? Yet a stock wrx would jump ahead of srt-4 w/mbc during the initial WOT??
    i think it's prob driver error
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smolten
    I'm starting to think WRX's aren't all that great as drag racers but better used as go anywhere utility vehicles all because of AWD. From what I hear about the new EVO 8 vishnu could only get 180hp on his dyno. Doing a search on this site for mpg or wmv or avi... every video I see is a WRX losing or a doing donuts (FUN ). Love blizzard.mpg (mit PAUL VAN DIRK)

someone please correct me and show me a vid of wrx kickin arse!
    HHmmm...don't know where you live, but around here, a lot of roads actually have these funny little bends called "corners". The WRX is a lousy drag racer, great canyon bomber.

I also saw you took offense to being called a troll. The truth offends you? You define the term "troll" there bud.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Originally posted by GV27
    HHmmm...don't know where you live, but around here, a lot of roads actually have these funny little bends called "corners". The WRX is a lousy drag racer, great canyon bomber.

I also saw you took offense to being called a troll. The truth offends you? You define the term "troll" there bud.

That may be but guess what.... your 24,000 WRX + $4000 in mod got beat twice but a 19.995 neon

that was a good race, however i'm a little disappointed on the WRX's performance with those mods
    that's exactly what i'm going to have by the end of summer too (plus intercooler hoses).

it seems to me the SRT-4 got the split-second jump at the start and he carried it all the way until the end when the WRX started pulling (then immediately shut down). anyway, the WRX lost, props to the SRT-4 for beating the WRX with those mods
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Thumbs down

Smolten,

Come on man, lets not bring $$$$ into this because all cars are made different and for different purposes. That's it man, you just about hit TROLL status with that remark. Lets not make this thread a whiney $$$$ thread please. Just ignore it folks.

Lets be respectable WRX owners and say "Good race, props to the SRT-4".
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-13-2003 at 11:40 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

That may be but guess what.... your 24,000 WRX + $4000 in mod got beat twice but a 19.995 neon
    What a dumbass.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    Smolten,

Come on man, lets not bring $$$$ into this because all cars are made different and for different purposes. That's it man, you just about hit TROLL status with that remark. Lets not make this thread a whiney $$$$ thread please. Just ignore it folks.

Lets be respectable WRX owners and say "Good race, props to the SRT-4".
    Shaitiger, I respect you and your posts are always level headed. However, EVERYTIME a more expensive car beat a WRX, all you see is people talking about the money. EVERYTIME. So I think there is no reason why Smolten shouldn't be allowed to make the exact same argument. I don't agree with that view, never had. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

The srt-4 never shuts down... the wrx (w/ $4,000 in mods) just gave up and slowed down
    $4000 in mods is a turbo upgrade. I only have like $5k in performance mods, the rest of the cash I've spent has nothing to do with performance. Its more likely that the WRX had like $1-2K in performance mods and the rest in tires or something. With a turbo upgrade it wouldn't have been that close.

I'm still thinking that from a roll a Stock SRT-4 is going to walk on a Stock WRX. No videos yet to prove/disprove this, but this SRT looked pretty good in this vid.
    Last edited by Mad Max 03; 03-13-2003 at 11:56 AM.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

I dont know what all the big fuss is over these races. everyone know the wrx is not a drag racer. But on the other hand the
    SRT-4 is is. these are 2 completly different cars setup for 2 different things

its kinda like saying i have a hummer and you have a corvette with 7K worth of suspension mods to it and you go off roading and the hummer wins.. well my corvette shoulda beat you i have more done to it.. well sorry the vette isnt meant for off roading hummer is.(i know this is a drastic comparasion but you get the point)

and when a WRX loses in a race and we say welll its not a drag car its meant for twisty, thats not an excuse its what our car was built for!

SRT-4= drag racer
    WRX= twistys

So I think there is no reason why Smolten shouldn't be allowed to make the exact same argument. I don't agree with that view, never had. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
    True; one of the reasons I bought the WRX was Car & Drivers article with it vs BMW330xi? and Audi A4. I'm gonna ride the "my 25k car performs as well or better than your 40k+ car wagon until the wheels fall off (or until i've put 15k into the WRX)