WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 146

This is a discussion on WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Starting from a roll is retarded. Is that even really a race? Those two particular cars, were exactly the same ...

  1. #31
    Registered User LemonHerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Riverside, California
    Posts
    1,258
    Starting from a roll is retarded. Is that even really a race? Those two particular cars, were exactly the same speed, possibly the wrx was catching up at the end or the neon guy was slowing down.

    But for the people who said the faster car won, naw. The better driver won.
    -Andrew

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User NJwrbT-WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    One Square Mile, NJ
    Posts
    3,250
    Ok, fair enough. So, on the street, stock vs stock, wrx vs srt-4, wrx loses from a roll and uses the "from a stop" excuse, srt-4 loses from a stop and uses the "from a roll" excuse. Good, now everybody is a ricer

    -joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

    Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

  4. #33
    Registered User Shaitiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    571
    Wow, I must be an out of the ordinary WRX owner. I love races from a roll , but if I was to choose, I'd prefer them in my SS .

    Originally posted by EasternWRX
    excuse #3 Don't we use that one when we are beat from a rolling start
    Yes

  5. #34
    Registered User Mr. Fancypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    582
    Ask any real racer, and they will tell you it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile..winning is winning!!! j/k that movie was on last night. Anyway Willam G wheres all your detective work!?!

    We have seen two videos of an SRT-4 vs. a WRX. One today and one previously.

    First Vid:

    WRX is stock. SRT-4 has homemade boost controller and upped the psi very little. Weights are pretty equal. As seen in this vid, going from a 40 mph roll, the WRX sling shots ahead but gets reeled in rather quickly. Win goes to SRT-4

    Second Vid:

    WRX is NOT stock (UP,DP,Exhaust, Boost controller set at 15psi). SRT-4 is stock. SRT-4 is heavier with an extra passenger. They go from a 40 mph roll and the SRT-4 sling shots ahead of the WRX, but they stay pretty equal with the WRX starting to pull before they shut down. Win goes to SRt-4.

    After seeing these two videos, im even more confused. How could a stock SRt-4 sling shot ahead of a modded WRX whereas in the first vid the opposite happened when the WRX was stock and the SRT-4 had a boost controller and ~equal weight. My conclusion is that we need more videos to compare against.
    04 SVT Lightning

  6. #35
    Registered User NJwrbT-WRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    One Square Mile, NJ
    Posts
    3,250
    "Doing a search on this site for mpg or wmv or avi... every video I see is a WRX losing or a doing donuts (FUN ). Love blizzard.mpg (mit PAUL VAN DIRK)"

    That's because WRX driver's are enthusiats who care more about motorsports than Ricer street racing "from a roll".

    -joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

    Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    74
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    "Doing a search on this site for mpg or wmv or avi... every video I see is a WRX losing or a doing donuts (FUN ). Love blizzard.mpg (mit PAUL VAN DIRK)"

    That's because WRX driver's are enthusiats who care more about motorsports than Ricer street racing "from a roll".

    -joe

    sooo what`s "WRX vs WORLD" mean?

  8. #37
    Registered User Shaitiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Streamwood, IL
    Posts
    571
    Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Ok, fair enough. So, on the street, stock vs stock, wrx vs srt-4, wrx loses from a roll and uses the "from a stop" excuse, srt-4 loses from a stop and uses the "from a roll" excuse. Good, now everybody is a ricer

    -joe
    We haven't seen a stock vs stock race from a stop between the SRT-4 and WRX so its very possible that the SRT-4 will win that as well. So now what excuses are left? There's rain, snow, twisties, and wait, then there's "My car is still safer than yours" LOL .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-13-2003 at 11:35 AM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

    SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

  9. #38
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Ask any real racer, and they will tell you it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile..winning is winning!!! j/k that movie was on last night. Anyway Willam G wheres all your detective work!?!

    We have seen two videos of an SRT-4 vs. a WRX. One today and one previously.

    First Vid:

    WRX is stock. SRT-4 has homemade boost controller and upped the psi very little. Weights are pretty equal. As seen in this vid, going from a 40 mph roll, the WRX sling shots ahead but gets reeled in rather quickly. Win goes to SRT-4

    Second Vid:

    WRX is NOT stock (UP,DP,Exhaust, Boost controller set at 15psi). SRT-4 is stock. SRT-4 is heavier with an extra passenger. They go from a 40 mph roll and the SRT-4 sling shots ahead of the WRX, but they stay pretty equal with the WRX starting to pull before they shut down. Win goes to SRt-4.

    After seeing these two videos, im even more confused. How could a stock SRt-4 sling shot ahead of a modded WRX whereas in the first vid the opposite happened when the WRX was stock and the SRT-4 had a boost controller and ~equal weight. My conclusion is that we need more videos to compare against.
    I think the difference is in the 2nd vid is the 3 honks. both drivers took off at the exact same time. I could be wrong though.

  10. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    718
    Originally posted by Shaitiger
    We haven't seen a stock vs stock race from a stop between the SRT-4 and WRX so its very possible that SRT-4 will win that.
    LOL with their one wheel spinning from a stop they are suckas!
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

  11. #40
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by campbell
    LOL with their one wheel spinning from a stop they are suckas!
    have you seen them take off? or have you driven them? if not how do you know?

  12. #41
    Registered User Mr. Fancypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    582
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    I think the difference is in the 2nd vid is the 3 honks. both drivers took off at the exact same time. I could be wrong though.
    I really dont see how the number of honks is going to affect the race. 3 honks or 10 honks it doesnt matter unless someone intentionally jumps the gun. Were you saying in the first vid the WRX had the jump? Possible but I dont think anyone questioned that before. Those two vids still dont make sense.
    04 SVT Lightning

  13. #42
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    I really dont see how the number of honks is going to affect the race. 3 honks or 10 honks it doesnt matter unless someone intentionally jumps the gun. Those two vids still dont make sense.
    Makes a huge difference. I believe there were no honks on the first vid. If that is so, then the three honks make all the difference in the world. How would a drag race go without staging lights? There would be no way to know exactly when to go. A half second difference in throttle response will be a deciding factor in who wins or who loses. So, yes, the 3 honks are important.

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    74
    Originally posted by 2001S4
    Makes a huge difference. I believe there were no honks on the first vid. If that is so, then the three honks make all the difference in the world. How would a drag race go without staging lights? There would be no way to know exactly when to go. A half second difference in throttle response will be a deciding factor in who wins or who loses. So, yes, the 3 honks are important.

    On the first vid there were 3 honks.... the yellow wrx honked em out...


    http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV

  15. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    38
    Originally posted by Shaitiger
    We haven't seen a stock vs stock race from a stop between the SRT-4 and WRX so its very possible that the SRT-4 will win that as well. So now what excuses are left? There's rain, snow, twisties, and wait, then there's "My car is still safer than yours" LOL .
    What about " my seat was to far back and I could not get WOT " or my panties where all bunched up and could not shift right " There are hundards of poor excuses left to us. The fact is the SRT-4 won both races in two videos ( the two I watched any ways ) Show me a video of a WRX winning a race between the two of them and I am sure the SRT-4 guys will have a few new excuses.

  16. #45
    Registered User 2001S4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    845
    Originally posted by smolten
    On the first vid there were 3 honks.... the yellow wrx honked em out...


    http://staff.tcu.edu/jaltschul/SRT-4vsWRX_vs_Talon.WMV

    Ok, then i am wrong. I couldn't remember if there were honks or not.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •