WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the dude that video taped is over at nasioc.....i'm going to let him know bout this place for sure, all ...

the dude that video taped is over at nasioc.....i'm going to let him know bout this place for sure, all he's getting over there is stupid remarks and flame for posting that video, here's the link to nasioc......not sure y he posted two video of him losing, hehe

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=2

edit: {oops, click on page one, that link is to page two}

but anyways, the guy in the neon won't race him from a stop cuz he said he knew he would lose to the wrx
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright guys. Take it easy or this thread WILL get locked down. From what I see, the SRT-4 started/jumped away first, but the WRX was up its rear-end the whole time. A 'spanking?' Hardly...
    More like an 'edging.'

I wonder why we haven't seen any races from a stop AND stock vs stock!?

Anyway, I repeat:

If this thread turns into a flame-fest, it's going to be locked. No excuses.
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Alright guys. Take it easy or this thread WILL get locked down. From what I see, the SRT-4 started/jumped away first, but the WRX was up its rear-end the whole time. A 'spanking?' Hardly...
    More like an 'edging.'

I wonder why we haven't seen any races from a stop AND stock vs stock!?

Anyway, I repeat:

If this thread turns into a flame-fest, it's going to be locked. No excuses.
    if u view the vid again and listen on the 3rd honk, they both gun it on the 3rd honk.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Wow view the other guy's vid vs. the S4. If anything was a real spanking, it was getting beat by that lightly modded s4!!! LOL!
    04 SVT Lightning

good race , looks like the faster car won.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dukmahsik
    if u view the vid again and listen on the 3rd honk, they both gun it on the 3rd honk.
    No, actually, the WRX was a little late on the gunning, and since he was around 40mph when they both went for it, there IS no lag in 2nd gear at that speed. I could hear the WRX spin up late.

This is of course, just my opinion.

You can disagree if you like.

This 'argument' is really only going to get settled when we race two STOCK vehicles from a dead stop.

Naturally I'd still expect the SRT-4 to be a tiny bit ahead since it has a slightly faster 1/4 mile time. But this 'spanking' business. Really!
    2010 SSM STI

wow, the wrx was edging towards him the whole time. i wonder how it would have gone from a complete stop... hehe.

oh btw, with 4000 in a wrx, it should be running 12's... trust me, the neon would not have even had a chance.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Originally posted by WilliamG
    No, actually, the WRX was a little late on the gunning, and since he was around 40mph when they both went for it, there IS no lag in 2nd gear at that speed. I could hear the WRX spin up late.

This is of course, just my opinion.

You can disagree if you like.

This 'argument' is really only going to get settled when we race two STOCK vehicles from a dead stop.

Naturally I'd still expect the SRT-4 to be a tiny bit ahead since it has a slightly faster 1/4 mile time. But this 'spanking' business. Really!
    the wrx guy was the guy doing the honking and if he doesnt gun it on the 3rd honk then who's to blame for that? not disagreeing with u just doesnt seem "rite"
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Troll?? I find that offensive but whatever

anyway like I said "start making excuses" which you already are instead of saying... hey great race!. I thought only civic ricers were like that....

anyway I call BS on the $4000 mod to the WRX.... it should easily be running low 13's high 12's.

Anyway thanks for an insightful discussion

Originally posted by smolten
    Troll?? I find that offensive but whatever

anyway like I said "start making excuses" which you already are instead of saying... hey great race!. I thought only civic ricers were like that....

anyway I call BS on the $4000 mod to the WRX.... it should easily be running low 13's high 12's.

Anyway thanks for an insightful discussion

Smolten,
    Welcome, i don't think you are a troll. At least not yet . You always have to wait for about 10 or 15 posts to decided. Thanks for the vid, hey great race. That WRX sounded mean in the video.

Smolten,

Thanks for the video .

Let me enlighten you some more. Here are the 3 most used WRX RICER excuses or cop-outs.

1. It would have been different in rain or snow

2. It would have been different in the twisties

3. It would have been different from a stop
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Twisties and Rain/Snow yes, but last time I checked, real drag racing was from a stop, so how on Earth can that be an excuse??

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

excuse #3 Don't we use that one when we are beat from a rolling start

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Twisties and Rain/Snow yes, but last time I checked, real drag racing was from a stop, so how on Earth can that be an excuse??

-joe
    Where did you get REAL drag racing from , this is not the drag racing forum, real drag racing would be at the track. Most stories in this forum are STREET races. Now that we've understood that, street racing occurs from a stop as well as from rolls. I believe I'm stating the obvious.

I'm starting to think WRX's aren't all that great as drag racers but better used as go anywhere utility vehicles all because of AWD. From what I hear about the new EVO 8 vishnu could only get 180hp on his dyno. Doing a search on this site for mpg or wmv or avi... every video I see is a WRX losing or a doing donuts (FUN ). Love blizzard.mpg (mit PAUL VAN DIRK)

someone please correct me and show me a vid of wrx kickin arse!