WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on WRX gets spanked again by SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants Hey can you tell me how to read gearing because that looks foreign to me. ...

Cool

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    Hey can you tell me how to read gearing because that looks foreign to me. So is the SRT-4 4th gear its weakest gear?
    it would appear to me that 4th gear is weak on an srt-4...anyone else feel free to chime in!

-joe
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I can say this, I certainly don't have better aerodynamics at high speed Especially with the STI hoodscoop, that thing is like an airbrake lol..

I'll buy the gearing thing, since as I pointed out before I had to let off the gas because I was about to hit fuel cut wherease the SRT-4 still seemed to have some revs left before redline I guess...

-Paul

edit: This is definatly the most over analayzed race I've ever been in I can't wait till the next one on sunday This time the SRT guys will have to make the excuses lol..
    Last edited by PaulRex; 03-15-2003 at 01:48 PM.

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    it would appear to me that 4th gear is weak on an srt-4...anyone else feel free to chime in!

-joe
    Ok so I'm bored right now and plugged the numbers in for both cars.
    Attached Files
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

136 IN FOURTH?

WRX CANT HIT 136 IN FOURTH LAST I CHECKED.....MORE LIKE 120

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

Re: 136 IN FOURTH?

Originally posted by ElectronBlueSi
    WRX CANT HIT 136 IN FOURTH LAST I CHECKED.....MORE LIKE 120
    It's been done. Maybe you've got a different type of WRX than the rest of us LOL...

That's the real deal, the math doesn't lie!

Also, I'm just going into 4th around 100mph so another 37mph in that gear is reasonable, i.e. 1-2 = nearly 37mph, 2-3 = another nearly 37mph, and so on.

**Oh yeah, just saw this vid http://www.persiconi.com/wrx/biaxin.htm and he goes through 1-2-3 gears to reach 100mph. So why is it so hard to believe that the 3 -4 gear is 100-138+mph?? It's relative.
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-15-2003 at 06:34 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Re: Re: 136 IN FOURTH?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    It's been done. Maybe you've got a different type of WRX than the rest of us LOL...

That's the real deal, the math doesn't lie!

Also, I'm just going into 4th around 100mph so another 37mph in that gear is reasonable, i.e. 1-2 = nearly 37mph, 2-3 = another nearly 37mph, and so on.

**Oh yeah, just saw this vid http://www.persiconi.com/wrx/biaxin.htm and he goes through 1-2-3 gears to reach 100mph. So why is it so hard to believe that the 3 -4 gear is 100-138+mph?? It's relative.
    sorry for the caps...i will try to talk less loud
    seriously, you "may" be close on 4th gear, but i know for fact that you can't reach 100 in 3rd...sorry but ive hit my revlimiter on several occasions in 3rd and it will not go past 94 mph....no way...

no biggy though

happy boosting

-joe

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:

I've trapped 96mph in the 1/4 mile without shifting to 4th gear.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

This is what it's supposed to be..

Gear Ratio Overall ratio (RPM)Mph
    1st 3.45:1 13.36:1 (7,000)36
    2nd 1.95:1 7.61:1 (7000)64
    3rd 1.37:1 5.34:1 (7000)91
    4th 0.97:1 3.78:1 (7000)128
    5th 0.74:1 2.89:1 n/a

These numbers hold true in my car.. Maybe some of you guys recording mph's that are different are running on bigger rims or something which can sort of change the gear ratio??

But I I find that the mph numbers listed here to be what I see on my speedometer..

I'm using MY01RS rims so they are same 16inch diameter with 205/55 size tires(like stock)

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    You know whats funny, when I took my car in for service (Subaru/Dodge) today, the Dodge guy said the same thing to me. "..but its still a Neon" I thought that was pretty funny coming from him. Anyway, I got to see every color up close besides the yellow which I saw a while ago at the mall. The black is very badass looking! Everything looks pretty nice from outside to inside..seats were nice. Too bad I didnt get to drive it!
    Yeah the Black ones are nice looking IMO...here's a link, I'm not sure if I got it from THESE boards or from the SRT-4 Forums I'm subscribed too...hehe but anyways...

Black SRT-4 pics (ALOT)
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

movie aint workin
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

racers....

the one thing i like mostly about our WRX's.. you can use the power of the car in all most all situations.. rain, snow etc... i know this is a racing video etc... but the other thing is where i live there is not much highway/expressway racing... to small and runs right through town, never know when a cop is getting on the on ramp...so most street racing is done stoplight to stoplight....guess i will have to wait for one around town....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.