Blown Stang vs XS Stage 4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Blown Stang vs XS Stage 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been trying to race this guy for weeks. He drives an early model 1992 ish Mustang LX with all ...

Blown Stang vs XS Stage 4

I've been trying to race this guy for weeks. He drives an early model 1992 ish Mustang LX with all the usual bolt ons plus a supercharger. He works a body shop/performance shop so I know his car is fast. I see him about twice a week or so on the streets. Everytime I see him he is haulling butt and I don' t get a chance to race him.
    Well today, I see him up front at a light. He is 2 cars in front of me. When the light turns green he takes off. I can hear his exhaust as he speeds down the street. I have a van in front of me and the van moves over to let me pass. Now I have open road. I eventually catch up to him and get behind him. We are both in the turn lane to take the exit. Well when we both make the turn I notice he is holding back. (waiting for me). So I slowly start to move up along side of him (25mph or so) and he nails it. He gets about 2 car lengths on me because I'm in 2nd gear waiting for my revs/boost to build. As soon as my boost builds in the top of 2nd gear I start to slowly reel him in. I shift into 3rd gear and I'm right on his bumper. Through 3 rd gear I slowly walk by him. I shift into 4th gear (100mph ish) and hes about 1-2 cars behind me. I hit 110-120mph and he's still about 2 cars behind me and he gives up.
    All I can say is his Mustang was fast. I only beat him by 1-2 cars from 25mph - 110mph race. I've beaten LS1 Vettes easier than his Mustang.

Great race and good competition. If I see him again I'm going to ask him what it runs in the 1/4 mile. With slicks I'm sure he can run high 12s - low 13s for sure.

I did give him a smile and wave after the race but he didn't seem to respond. Mad maybe.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 03-13-2003 at 04:55 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You need to race a lightly modded 03 Cobra. I think you might get hammered... By about 5+ cars...

Dont race one from a 25 MPH roll. It might be more like 10 cars. Go from a stop or even a 5 MPH roll. Then you have at least a chance of hanging for maybe 5 seconds. Unless they know how to drive the Cobra.

I am itching to race a stage4 wrx.

Good luck. I'm sure you shocked that Stang owner. He *thought* he was bad. And perhaps rightly so. But you snagged him!

I get as much kick when I am trying to get around the Z06's. They just cant believe a *MUSTANG* is taking them....
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

I Support ClubWRX
    I think this shows that a modded WRX does pretty well at higher speeds or from a roll. Granted, he has a TXS4 setup, but lesser upgrades really pick things up at higher speeds over stock, IMO. The Rex isn't a total highway dog with a few goodies thrown on!

My car does pretty well from about 75-110 or so, and I know a massaged WRX will walk me up there.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

A turbo swap makes a big difference for WRX's at highway speeds. The stock turbo just can't keep up at higher speeds, but with a turbo upgrade we can pull pretty good up higher.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.