330xi & a mouth that wont close
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 330xi & a mouth that wont close within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just thought of something else from last night that I thought was pretty damned funny.. I was at the bar ...

330xi & a mouth that wont close

Just thought of something else from last night that I thought was pretty damned funny.. I was at the bar playing darts w/ a buddy of mine and the guy at the next table was bad mouthin the WRX (we pulled in about the same time and he saw mine) I have no idea why but he was just going on and on about how his BMW 330xi was so much faster and could hand me my ass in a race... I asked him to put his $$$ where his mouth is and got nothing but... well no we can't race fair out here and blah blah blah I don't like to race my car blah blah blah..(ie: i'm a stupid windbag who doesn't know when to shut his own yap but knows I'll get my ass handed to me)....

I really would have like to run w/ it though... would have been a fun race.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What a loser. That's cool you called his bluff on it; that's what I would have done. Small pecker sydrome sufferer, I guess.

A true car enthusiast doesn't do things like that. I like to give credit, where it's due, to cars faster and slower than mine. Although most are faster...
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I love that car to death but I don't know why some people think that a 330 series is some awesome sports machine. If I were in the market for a luxury sports sedan and didnt have the cash for a M3 or a S4 I would choose a 330xi or maybe the new G35. It's performance numbers are good, but not that great. Sounds to me like someone wished they had the cash for an M3.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

They handle really well, don't they? Stock vs a wrx, how do they fare?
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by JimmyNY
    They handle really well, don't they? Stock vs a wrx, how do they fare?
    Not that well actually! Car and Driver put a stock WRX against a 330xi and an S4. Check the results here! $24k WRX vs $40K 330xi and S4! Haha! Cracks me up!

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...nfairfight.xml
    2010 SSM STI

i think that most BMW owners are cocky like that.....
    ive raced a couple 330s off the line... same results everytime 1-2 car(s) ahead....
    then they would proceed to make excuses.....
    and the M3s... those guys wont even race me...

a 330xi will run high 14's at best and I have a car that ran 14.09 stock and should be mid 13's now so I think he had no chance before and somehow less now.

I have to agree w/ Integ... I like lots of cars regardless of speed, but I am not about to go out and talk **** about someone elses car to try to make myself feel better...
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Man, what a d i c khead. I'm surprised you didn't give him one of your signature upper-cut knockout punches.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

Yeah but then I'd be paying for the lease on his beamer... and why would I want to do that?

Besides I learned sometime in college that hitting people isn't the best way to resolve their stupidity... although it's a lot more fun
    Last edited by MustGoFast; 03-13-2003 at 11:27 AM.
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

I posted on this topic on i-club or one of the other ones recently but all I have to say is that I recently spanked two 330's, both driven by guys with attitudes that simply needed some adjustment Like I said in the other post, I think that BMW sets up a false expectation with their marketing: "The ultimate driving machine" when that is not exactly the case in all models.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

its just a slogan, thats all...like cadillac "the fusion of design and technology" I don't think we need to take a poll to see the results of design of the EXT, Escalade, or CTS is it? I think most would agree that they're spending to much time and money in marketing instead of design

ps. is caddy still even using that slogan? it was an example
    lambosv21

I Support ClubWRX
    Proposed slogans:

BMW - The Ultimate Phallic Machine.

Cadillac - The Fusion of Gold Teeth, Bling, and Facial Band-Aids.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

There are some cool BMW owners but a lot of them are not. Mostly they are talking up their car to try to justify to themselves why they paid so much for an overpriced yuppie achievement badge. Most of them don't know jack squat about cars. They are just advertising victims.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

i dont get the big fuss over bmws that dont say M on them... but oh well... for those prices, you can do so much else with a car
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I've heard the new BMW's have a locking shroud that covers the engine so that the owner cannot work on it. Don't know if it's true, but it does not suprise me. I won't buy a car that has a stupid light that tells me I need to go in for service. I once looked into buying a Q45 until the salesman told me that they like to see the car every 3000 miles. I told him that I wanted full custody with no visitation rights. He just looked at me with a puzzled expression.
    '03 blaze yellow wagon-stock for now

Always interviewing for a Victoria's Secret fitting room attendant, but never getting hired.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.