330xi & a mouth that wont close - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 330xi & a mouth that wont close within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ticket magnet I've heard the new BMW's have a locking shroud that covers the engine so that ...

Originally posted by ticket magnet
    I've heard the new BMW's have a locking shroud that covers the engine so that the owner cannot work on it. Don't know if it's true, but it does not suprise me. I won't buy a car that has a stupid light that tells me I need to go in for service. I
    BMW does have some type of cover over the motor, but it is removable, ive seen plenty of tuned bmws
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My brother drives a 330xi 5-speed auto. It is pretty quick, but I think still at least a half second behind a manual WRX. It does handle exceptionally well for a 3500lb car though, because of its (BMW signature) near 50/50 weight distribution.

330xi 5-speed auto. It is pretty quick, but I think still at least a half second behind a manual WRX
    I don't think it's anywhere near that close.. I found a rating for the auto at 6.6 0-60 and mid to high 15's in the quarter (can't remember the number from yesterday and page is down today).
    That's more than second behind my 1/4 mile passes..
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Originally posted by MustGoFast
    I don't think it's anywhere near that close.. I found a rating for the auto at 6.6 0-60 and mid to high 15's in the quarter (can't remember the number from yesterday and page is down today).
    That's more than second behind my 1/4 mile passes..
    You're right, the numbers I was thinking of are for the MT 330xi.

Yeah the manual is a low 15's car... so it's maybe 3/4 - 1 sec behind instead of closer to 2 sec behind... either way even stock I can spank one... and I aint stock no more (quality grammer)
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

330xi MT is a mid to high 14 second car...which still won't beat a properly driven WRX of course.

It would be interesting though, because the xi is AWD I think, so they would benefit from good launches as well...so you'd have to be on your toes.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    330xi MT is a mid to high 14 second car...which still won't beat a properly driven WRX of course.

It would be interesting though, because the xi is AWD I think, so they would benefit from good launches as well...so you'd have to be on your toes.
    Yeah you're right...the Xi, the S4 and the WRX are all AWD...that's why it was a good comparison between them in the tests in Car & Driver. So it'd definitely be close...the majority of it would come down to Driver skill I think.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

WRXguy3, don't mean to go OT, but have you checked the Subbie dealership in Indy? They are offering 0% financing I think (they've been advertising it on TV lately) and you could probalby get a great deal on a new one like that...

Oh well, just saw you were from Muncie...

Originally posted by smokey
    WRXguy3, don't mean to go OT, but have you checked the Subbie dealership in Indy? They are offering 0% financing I think (they've been advertising it on TV lately) and you could probalby get a great deal on a new one like that...

Oh well, just saw you were from Muncie...
    Thanks for posting...do you remember the name or anything of that dealership? I wonder how many years financing they offer that %...Hrmmm, I'm gonna look into that...
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Originally posted by WRXguy3
    Thanks for posting...do you remember the name or anything of that dealership? I wonder how many years financing they offer that %...Hrmmm, I'm gonna look into that...
    i think its Tom Wood Subaru...its the only Subbie dealership as far as I know (its right down the street from me, don't know why I can't remember...)

Its on 96th and Keystone, that I know for sure. And it is a VW dealership as well if that helps.

I went to the local dealer the other day.

All Subaru dealers are offering 0% financing for 24 months and 3.9% financing for 60 months.

I'm guessing any other loan would be in the middle of the two.

grrr.. I had a 330 rich boy tailgating me for 6 LIE exits. He was annoying me, so I slowed down to second around 3.5k rpm and floored it til 95mph. I never saw him again. I think he had an auto.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12