A kill story im sure everyone will just love
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A kill story im sure everyone will just love within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay so im on the freeway its about midnight. They have it all closed down to 1 lane with is ...

A kill story im sure everyone will just love

Okay so im on the freeway its about midnight. They have it all closed down to 1 lane with is the carpool lane so I have to merge over. Now some guy is right on my rear bumper the whole way, I figure its some stupid kid wanting to mess with me on the highway right.

Well when the lanes finally open I go to get over normally but the guy guns it and jumps out beside me and stays right next to my rear wheel. I stayed like that for a little bit figureing he would pass me so I could get out of the carpool lane but he just stayed right there. So now im sure its just some guy messing with me.

I down shifted and put the pedal down so I could get infront of him and gave myself like two carlengths on him and figured that would be enough to get him off my back. But he just accelerates and gets right on my bumper again. Now im pretty pissed off, I wanna get over but im worried he is going to jump out like before so I downshift so I can put some distance. I walk him pretty easy and right when im at 3 cars on him and about to get over thats when he put on the sirens.

I guess the good side is I easily killed the cop car on the highway, bad side is I got a ticket. I tried to explain to him that the only reason I was going that fast is because how he was driving. But that really only seemed to piss him off.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats sorta funny, but unfortunate for you. Let this be a lesson to everyone, let the other driver pull up beside you before you start racing.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by solak321
    thats sorta funny, but unfortunate for you. Let this be a lesson to everyone, let the other driver pull up beside you before you start racing.
    I would think the lesson is to think twice about street racing no?
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I did the same thing in my RX7 with a cop in a mustang. I recognized the mustangs headlights and decided to see if he wanted to play. He did.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

Originally posted by JTREX
    good point, that would probably be something even better to learn.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

Originally posted by JTREX
    Well that is a good lesson to learn/know but he wasn't really street racing on purpose...was trying to actually abide by the law by getting over. Braking was not an option...haha

I just think that's lame how the cop did that, almost driving dangerously just to get you to break the law, wow that is lame.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

thats funny and sad at the same time... more funny for us and sad for you.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

I actually think its something they do often. While I was sitting there getting my ticket I watched two other people get pulled over in the same spot.

I spent some time tring to get the cop to admit that he could in some small way have contributed to the speed I was driving with his agressive and dangerous driving style.
    -Andrew

I spent some time tring to get the cop to admit that he could in some small way have contributed to the speed I was driving with his agressive and dangerous driving style.
    How did that go?
    I think I know exactly where, 91east right before Central?

Man, I don't know. Sounds almost like you might want to explore this one a little further and debate it in court. Why was he doing what he was (Shadowing your moves? Not letting you out of the Car Pool lane?)

Hell, you never know.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

no the other side.. right before tyler
    -Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    Could this be considered entrapment or something of the sort. I mean, if he was tailgating you, I'm pretty sure that's illegal. I would definitely go to court...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

sounds like a good old fashioned money makin' speed trap to me. nothin much you can do about it. if you hired johnny chocran he could argue entrapment for you but the best you can do is get it reduced a bit by sitting thru a day of court and ple-barganing with an ada. beeen in your shoes many times. i feel your pain.

after MANY encounters with the fuzz i find they generally go better when you don't argue with them.

example #1:

cop: why were you doing donuts in the shopping center parking lot?

me : cuz they are fun besides i wasn't hurting anybody. don't you have anything better to do?

cop: step out of the car boy. your'e coming down to the station with me.

example #2:

cop: why were you doing 110 thu that school zone?

me: um... no excuse officer

cop: well try to keep your speed down thru here from now on ok.

I'd go to court. Your actions were defensive in response to his dangerous, agressive driving.

Then again, you're in

California: America's Nazi State - "Safety Through Legislated Opression"

(my opinion of the entire law/court system of California is not very high)
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast