A kill story im sure everyone will just love - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on A kill story im sure everyone will just love within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i agree with the others,take him to court,hes enticing (is that the right word?) you to do something you normally ...

i agree with the others,take him to court,hes enticing (is that the right word?) you to do something you normally wouldn`t do. any normal person would do that...well most people would give him a brake check and then if he didn`t back off leave him behind...here in PA cops can`t even sit hidden to pull you over,and if its night they have to have atleast their parking lights on,or its entrapment. and also with his not letting you pass...last time i checked that was wreckless driving,and if you did that to him he`d probly take you in. but,as the old song goes "i fought the law and the law won"...whatever happens,good luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you guys are all fools Do you know you have a right to not sign the ticket... and in that case they take you down straight down town to see a judge... but if it is after hours you have to spend the night in jail and you will be the first one to see judge the next morning...

The police know this...

I once took of hard at a light as I was taking off hard about 3/4 of the way through the intersection a cops pull out of the drive way of the 7-11 that was on my side of the street on the corner... I hit my brakes and slow down... the cop cought up and pulled me over..

She said I was speeding... I said no I wasn't ! She also said I was exhibtion of speeding... I didn't peal out, which is a key for all you street racers... if you break your tires... at any speed... your toast ... just a heads up.

She alos said she was pacing me... ! I said ya right.. from the 7-11 as you were parked and I had only gone 3/4 of the way throught the intersection.. She litterally wrote me up for exhibition of speeding, and I said I wouldn't sign it... we argued and she told me what happens to me if I don't sign it... Basically if you sight the ticket your saying that you basicall admit to the charges, your basically signing your rights away..but if you don't sign it. You go straight to see a judge... I called her BS, and she warned me and let me go on my marry way...

If I were you I would have argueed that he or she was tailgaiting in a constuction zone... ! which is very dangersous and that you thought he or she was some crazy ass punk driver trying to mess with you... as long as you don't go changing lanes like some crazy ass person... I would think you would have no problem with a judge...

I Support ClubWRX
    Sign a ticket? I've never signed a ticket in my life... what does that mean?
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Could this be considered entrapment or something of the sort. I mean, if he was tailgating you, I'm pretty sure that's illegal. I would definitely go to court...
    It's not entrapment. That would occur if the cop were in front of you traveling quickly (with no sirens going/lights on) and you were following. He (or another one) decides to pull over for speeding. That's entrapment; being behind you doesn't *make* you speed.

BTW, around here the cops have been known to be speeding along and get off at an exit, so when the person following behind them keeps going over the hill to find a cop sitting there and get busted for speeding. Good luck "proving" the other cop entrapped you...what other cop?!?
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

The ticket price is like 375.. and I think I have to go to court anyways. but im not sure. My ultimate goal is to be able to do traffic school so it can come off my record.
    -Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXed
    It's not entrapment. That would occur if the cop were in front of you traveling quickly (with no sirens going/lights on) and you were following. He (or another one) decides to pull over for speeding. That's entrapment; being behind you doesn't *make* you speed.
    How can a cop being in front of you be a more valid reason to speed than if he were riding your tail? Doesn't seem to make sense to me... The law is such a weird thing...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I've been pulled over 5 time ever in my 11 years of driving... I've fought everyone and only the last one did I ever loss... The cop accually showed up... If you fight the ticket and the cop does not show up. The ticket is thrown out..

But if he shows up you loss the right to go to traffic court... so there is the pros and cons to fighting tickets...

A cop like that is obviously a prick. If he's pulling that crap on you what does he expect. Like he thinks he car drive however he wants. Boy does that piss me off.

people have done this to me for no reason, on empty highways at night. not cops, but other people, riding up my ass purposely.
    i would have done the same thing i always do...slam on the ****ing brakes.
    they all quit after that. haven't gotten hit, but if i do, i don't really care. let them try to explain why they rear ended me on an empty highway.

it might be on film? "i was nervous because they were so close to me that i couldn't see their hood. i couldn't get away from them. when i looked back to the road ahead i thought i was about to hit something and braked."

Hmmm.....a cop provoking people to speed, and writing them tickets. I'm sure he was proud of his accomplishments afterwards and took a donut break. I'm proud to see our tax dollars hard at work!
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Originally posted by TonyG
    Hmmm.....a cop provoking people to speed, and writing them tickets. I'm sure he was proud of his accomplishments afterwards and took a donut break. I'm proud to see our tax dollars hard at work!
    Yeah that sure is the truth...gg Coppers can't you find something better to do?! It always seems that the guys minding their own business get screwed..
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

I hate cops. If that'd happened to me, I would have probably ended up in jail or with another ticket for assaulting an officer. There's only one cop in my town that's not a total prick.

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    people have done this to me for no reason, on empty highways at night. not cops, but other people, riding up my ass purposely.
    i would have done the same thing i always do...slam on the ****ing brakes.
    they all quit after that. haven't gotten hit, but if i do, i don't really care. let them try to explain why they rear ended me on an empty highway.

it might be on film? "i was nervous because they were so close to me that i couldn't see their hood. i couldn't get away from them. when i looked back to the road ahead i thought i was about to hit something and braked."
    i like that one the best
    lambosv21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.