03 cobra vs turbo celica GTS[video] - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 cobra vs turbo celica GTS[video] within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I have NEVER said anything stupid before...

Well I have NEVER said anything stupid before
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yah that is Jeri Ryan
    -Andrew

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, would prefer some WRX vids to be honest. Nice kill, I guess, although was the swearing really necessary?
    2010 SSM STI

My bad - somehow I had turned off the sound on my Media Player so it was hard to judge what was happening.

It makes a lot more sense with the sound on!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    yah that is Jeri Ryan
    Mmmmm... Jeri Ryan.

Anyhow, back on topic - nice vid, but your bro did take away from it. Aw well, maybe he'll keep his yap shut next time.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

actually to be honest I like hearing people make fools out of themselves on videos..

My favorite ever I think is a race between a dsm and a lingenfelter corevette (you have all probably seen it) they kid is like.. haha I think he is scared (they have no idea its a lingenfelter btw) and at that very moment the vette just blows them away majorly.. and you here both of them in stero just say oh ****
    -Andrew

Actually I am surprised at how slow you reeled him in... You say you were running only 430 HP at the time. Which means prolly only 400 RWTQ. I run 440 HP and 460 TQ (see sig for mods). My car seems to rev so much faster than yours. Ofcourse, with your new mods and HP numbers you are prolly reving a little faster than I...

I did not opt for an X-pipe cause the stock cats flow VERY well. I still need to do a Cold Air at some point.

Have you taken her to the track with the latest mods? You should run 11.7's on street tires at about 120+.

You REALLY should pick on someone your own size. But I am guilty of that too. No one ever runs with me and when they do its hard for me not to control myself.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Just a quick question.. I dont know a huge ammount about SC cars. But with the Turbo car its pointless really to have a CAI because the turbo heats the air up anyways right.. is the same true for a sc car?
    -Andrew

Nope.

My car is actually slightly starved of air. I have a 2.80 pulley (3.5 is stock). I went from making 8 lbs stock to about 12 ish. With a better air "gulp" I would pick up more air and abot 1-2 lbs of boost. The 03 Cobra comes stock with a VERY good intercooler that cools the incoming charge of air. The SC heats the air by pressure and friction. The intercooler then cools the air before entering the combustion chamber.

The problem is that I should prolly get a better intercooler heat exchanger up front cause the of the higher pressure. This car puts out a LOT of heat. Even stock.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

But then why get a CAI.. a short ram would do better wouldnt it? I mean it sounds the same as a turbo so the tempature of the air coming through the intake dosnt really matter since it gets heated up and then cooled afterward.

From what I understand, or atleast have read on here is that the short ram provides more air because of less piping?
    -Andrew

There was a big test done on the stock 03 Cobra and a lightly modded one. A simple CAI gives about 25 HP or so...

The colder the charge coming in is always better. Its also about the piping and how the air moves and how many CFM the system can move.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.