Vishnu Tuning Dynoed Evos - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vishnu Tuning Dynoed Evos within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by boosted 4 JimDab, If you haven't set up your camber that's something that will help tremendously. i ...

Originally posted by boosted 4
    JimDab,

If you haven't set up your camber that's something that will help tremendously.
    i bought the camber bolts with the eibach springs but am not sure how they aligned it since i didnt specify

i do know when the car hangs loose on the platform the wheels are cambered in, though i dont remember if it was that way when stock

if you stood behind it when it is up it would look something like this

-------
    \\---//

just not to that extent of course but it is visible. im not sure if it is cambered inwards to the same extent when it is stock as it is now
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I saw in another forum that they claim it hit 258 whp and 270tq. But then you see different dynos around 180-190.
    Last edited by DROB; 03-12-2003 at 09:47 PM.
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

that was on an FWD dyno running on front wheels only

just some quick calculations to try to figure out how much maybe that would come out to in awhp

if it's putting out 258hp to the wheels it's underrated by about 15hp. what they are saying at the boards is 12% loss of fwhp and 24% loss from awhp. it would take about 293 crank hp, dropping to 258 at the wheels. if 24% is accurate for awhp loss it should be at around 222 AWHP

basically, in the straightline performance it looks like the evo starts off at TXS Stage2 WRX territory and then for can probably be boosted up to near stage3+ territory with just basic mods

then again, ive never even touched any evo, im just bored here and am posting stuff that seems to make sense to me

Originally posted by PKer
    Where have you been d00d?

What? That's what you've been doing during this whole thread.
    Waste of time, we all know you are a Mitsu man; however this is a Subaru forum so stop already.
    stop what? where have i bashed the wrx? ive met a few of the guys on here. they are cool. if u want me to stop saying the wrx is a good car then cool, jerk
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I agree with dukmahsik here, he was coming across as a bit of an a$$ at first, but he is really just a level-headed Mitsu guy IMO. He has every right to back up EVOs and we have every right to back up WRXs. Like I said in a previous post in this thread, its all for the sake of a good arguement. I think this has been one of the better VS threads we have had here with good points by both sides. Lots of respect being paid back and forth, or at least that is how I have read it; better than some of the ridiculous SRT-4 threads at least.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I agree with dukmahsik here, he was coming across as a bit of an a$$ at first, but he is really just a level-headed Mitsu guy IMO. He has every right to back up EVOs and we have every right to back up WRXs. Like I said in a previous post in this thread, its all for the sake of a good arguement. I think this has been one of the better VS threads we have had here with good points by both sides. Lots of respect being paid back and forth, or at least that is how I have read it; better than some of the ridiculous SRT-4 threads at least.

-joe
    hey thanks Joe, if i was being an ass earlier then i appologize, i just dont like miscommunicated info about mitsus, no less than any of you would like wrx info misrepresented on a dsm/mitsu board. i think some of us have an understanding now so lets just move on and continue the good dialogue.

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

where have i bashed the wrx?
    You're right you haven't "bashed" the WRX but you have tried to detract from it's value and potential.
    if u want me to stop saying the wrx is a good car then cool, jerk
    I don't care if say the WRX is good car, what I want you to stop is the Evo is better than WRX routine, we get it.

No need for name calling after one post.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by PKer
    You're right you haven't "bashed" the WRX but you have tried to detract from it's value and potential.

I don't care if say the WRX is good car, what I want you to stop is the Evo is better than WRX routine, we get it.

No need for name calling after one post.
    What he said.
    2010 SSM STI

anyways... ill let the drama end so i wont reply; but back to the thread's topic... here is another dyno on the same type of dyno used at another shop. Here are the results:

vivid racing and vishnu are working out why such diff numbers from the same type of dyno.

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I would agree with Shiv's dynoing of the three EVO's that all dynoed nearly the same. Only real difference is that Vivid only put up just one EVO vs. Shiv's three.

Besides, I'd tend to agree with Shiv's numbers anyhow. I mean he's one of the best tuners worldwide.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    I would agree with Shiv's dynoing of the three EVO's that all dynoed nearly the same. Only real difference is that Vivid only put up just one EVO vs. Shiv's three.

Besides, I'd tend to agree with Shiv's numbers anyhow. I mean he's one of the best tuners worldwide.
    yeah... im hoping CA didnt get a bad run or the sucky evo's (more smog crap)... and the gas truly doesnt help

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Pug
    Just went to Vishnu today, snapped a couple pics of their Evo:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vishevo.jpg  

Pug
    engine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vishevoengine.jpg  

Pug
    ze badge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vishnumitsu.jpg  

i started this post and i think most of my later posts make me seem more of a pro-mitsu guy

anyway's, here's a more anti-mitsu post :

either a) the california evo's suck (doubt it though)

and/or b) vishnu's dyno is wierd and the 180hp is comparable to the 160hp of the wrx since it's on the same dyno

i just wonder how the evo's are going to improve once they get the stage1&2 type mods done. 12sec passes are probably no question, how deep into the 12's is the question. 12.9s? or 12.3's? (doh, it turned into a pro-mitsu post)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast