Vishnu Tuning Dynoed Evos - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Vishnu Tuning Dynoed Evos within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by boosted 4 Why? As far as straight-line accelleration they've both got 2.0L motors and 4 valves per ...

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Why? As far as straight-line accelleration they've both got 2.0L motors and 4 valves per cyl. One is inline vs the other an H4. The EVO's motor may be a little stronger with a forged internal part or two but there are also WRX's right now putting down 400"W"HP on stock internals.

Where suspension and brakes are concerned, the EVO does come with a stiffer stock set up than the WRX. However, I've only put on lowering springs - 1.5" (front) 1.3" (rear) and set my camber to -1.75 (front) and -1.00 (rear) with 225 45 17's and my car handles surprisingly well. The stock brakes on the WRX aren't all that bad either if anybody cares to dig up some data.

Now the let's talk about AWD on the EVO vs WRX. They are set up the same way. Both have an open front/Viscous center/ and LSD rear.

Is there any thing that I'm missing and the WRX costs less.
    so with ur suspension mods can outhandle a stock evo at .97g on the skidpad? dream on

and evo's through the years have dynoed over 500whp stock internals. come on the evo is better than the wrx just accept that, that is not taking anything away from the wrx which i think is a great car.
    Last edited by dukmahsik; 03-12-2003 at 11:50 AM.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well its totally obvious the evo is better then the WRX.. its a differnt class of car. the STi is what you would have to compare to it.

But atleast we can beat up little lancer oz rally's and what not
    -Andrew

Skidpad numbers are not everything and magazine racing is for the birds.

And you are right, the EVO is better because it costs $5-6000 more than the WRX. If it were not better for that price it would be pretty sad.

And if you must go by skidpad numbers, I'll take that $5-6000 and get some nice coil-overs, great tires, ALK, sway bars, and everything else I can because $5-6000 goes a long way for suspension and I am sure I will pull a very favorable number on the skidpad. I'll even have $30 left over for an MBC and I will win the 1/4 as well.

The above statements are for worthless internet argueing. I am not really an a$$ in real life, just having some fun and enjoying a good arguement.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Skidpad numbers are not everything and magazine racing is for the birds.

And you are right, the EVO is better because it costs $5-6000 more than the WRX. If it were not better for that price it would be pretty sad.

And if you must go by skidpad numbers, I'll take that $5-6000 and get some nice coil-overs, great tires, ALK, sway bars, and everything else I can because $5-6000 goes a long way for suspension and I am sure I will pull a very favorable number on the skidpad. I'll even have $30 left over for an MBC and I will win the 1/4 as well.

The above statements are for worthless internet argueing. I am not really an a$$ in real life, just having some fun and enjoying a good arguement.

-joe
    u sure ur not a real ass? j/p

so a mbc and ull be hitting mid 13s? damn i never knew wrxes were capable as that with a mbc alone

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by dukmahsik
    so with ur suspension mods can outhandle a stock evo at .97g on the skidpad? dream on

and evo's through the years have dynoed over 500whp stock internals. come on the evo is better than the wrx just accept that, that is not taking anything away from the wrx which i think is a great car.
    Kory,

For the record, I like the EVO. You seem to think that I'm hatin' on it and that's just not true.

Also, I think you're reading too much into what I stated above. On the skid pad .97g's for any vehicle kicks ass! Besides the suspension, though, the WRX comes with some horrible all-season rated tires. That alone kills cornering and anybody out there would agree. Take the same WRX with the optional 17's and much better tires and it's a different story.

On my WRX, I really don't know what the skid pad would result in. Of course I'll never know either since I don't have a skid pad just laying around. As I said before, it's pretty darned stiff for not doing much to it except for for the springs, camber, and 17" x 7.5" rims.

By the way, no where in any of my posts did I flame the EVO. And, if anybody here is trying to stick up for anything, it's definitely on your end with the EVO is "better than" the WRX. I won't even try to argue that the WRX is even as good performance-wise, it's just that for the money, the STI with all it has to offer I can only see Mitsu coming back the next year with a better EVO.

For now, the EVO is just a little better than the WRX (in my eyes). Mitsu has their work cut out for them that's for sure. Of course, Subaru dropped the bomb at the last minute
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-12-2003 at 01:54 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by boosted 4
    Kory,

For the record, I like the EVO. You seem to think that I'm hatin' on it and that's just not true.

Also, I think you're reading too much into what I stated above. On the skid pad .97g's for any vehicle kicks ass! Besides the suspension, though, the WRX comes with some horrible all-season rated tires. That alone kills cornering and anybody out there would agree. Take the same WRX with the optional 17's and much better tires and it's a different story.

On my WRX, I really don't know what the skid pad would result in. Of course I'll never know either since I don't have a skid pad just laying around. As I said before, it's pretty darned stiff for not doing much to it except for for the springs, camber, and 17" x 7.5" rims.

By the way, no where any any of my posts did I flame the EVO. And, if anybody here is trying to stick up for anything, it's definitely on your end with the EVO is "better than" the WRX. I won't even try to argue that the WRX is even as good performance-wise, it's just that for the money, the STI with all it has to offer I can only see Mitsu coming back the next year with a better EVO.

For now, the EVO is just a little better than the WRX (in my eyes). Mitsu has their work cut out for them that's for sure. Of course, Subaru dropped the bomb at the last minute
    cool man... good reply. i see where you really stand now. thanks!

thats wat i like about this site, good peeps.

for the record i believe the evo shouldnt be compared to the wrx, it should be more compared to the sti. those cars are more on the same league. but yeah throw all that out the window cuz we all just love our cars!

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

with my suspension mods (springs/17x7.5/ecsta712s/rear-sway bar) it feels like it handles pretty damn good, better than anything else ive ever driven. previousely i thought the new celicas were awesome in the handling dept (when you arent pushing on the gas at least). my setup feels just a little better to me, though it feels A LOT better when accelerating while turning

im sure the evos are on a whole other level though, i doubt our modified wrxs would get better than .89ish. i think stock was .72 or something
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

I Support ClubWRX
    But...if you were to ask me which I prefer, having driven EVOs for years back home in good ol' London, I'll tell ye!

I prefer the WRX. I need something that has seats that don't kill my back, and a clutch that is actually nice to use. Man those EVOs made you stiff. Sheesh.

If I spent my life racing round a track, sure I'd take an EVO. But for the kind of driving I do for the most part (boring snoring) I'll take a WRX. Go test drive an EVO. You'll see what I mean!

::continues to drool over an STi though...::
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by JimDab
    with my suspension mods (springs/17x7.5/ecsta712s/rear-sway bar) it feels like it handles pretty damn good, better than anything else ive ever driven. previousely i thought the new celicas were awesome in the handling dept (when you arent pushing on the gas at least). my setup feels just a little better to me, though it feels A LOT better when accelerating while turning

im sure the evos are on a whole other level though, i doubt our modified wrxs would get better than .89ish. i think stock was .72 or something
    JimDab,

If you haven't set up your camber that's something that will help tremendously.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Originally posted by WilliamG
    But...if you were to ask me which I prefer, having driven EVOs for years back home in good ol' London, I'll tell ye!

I prefer the WRX. I need something that has seats that don't kill my back, and a clutch that is actually nice to use. Man those EVOs made you stiff. Sheesh.

If I spent my life racing round a track, sure I'd take an EVO. But for the kind of driving I do for the most part (boring snoring) I'll take a WRX. Go test drive an EVO. You'll see what I mean!

::continues to drool over an STi though...::
    stiff clutch was because it had mucho hp... sti clutch will be no less stiff. but yes to each his own.

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

A buddy of mine at work just bought an EVO and I got to drive it today. I would suggest all of you that have any doubts at all about this car go down to the dealer and drive one! I've got a TXS Stage 2 wagon and I'll tell ya I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to keep up in a straight line and I will damn sure not keep up on the curves! Let me tell ya, this car is STIFF! The brakes rock. The seats rock! The wheels rock. The tires dig in. The engine has very little lag and just pulls like a b*tch! The only problem I had with it is that it did not come with cruise control. Maybe this one was an exception but I think some of the WRXs are going to be getting good views of the EVOs taillights and wing....as they disappear ahead of you! BTW, he paid $1,000 over list.
    Mark
    02 WRX Wagon

Originally posted by mark5211
    A buddy of mine at work just bought an EVO and I got to drive it today. I would suggest all of you that have any doubts at all about this car go down to the dealer and drive one! I've got a TXS Stage 2 wagon and I'll tell ya I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to keep up in a straight line and I will damn sure not keep up on the curves! Let me tell ya, this car is STIFF! The brakes rock. The seats rock! The wheels rock. The tires dig in. The engine has very little lag and just pulls like a b*tch! The only problem I had with it is that it did not come with cruise control. Maybe this one was an exception but I think some of the WRXs are going to be getting good views of the EVOs taillights and wing....as they disappear ahead of you! BTW, he paid $1,000 over list.
    wait til that car is broken in

im so jealous

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

very little lag
    hmph.. isn't Evo a n/a car? N/A cars have lags too?

Originally posted by nyxjf
    twin scroll exhaust wheel = very lil lag...

- 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Where have you been d00d?
    that is not taking anything away from the wrx which i think is a great car.
    What? That's what you've been doing during this whole thread.
    Waste of time, we all know you are a Mitsu man; however this is a Subaru forum so stop already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.