WRX vs 1.8t
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs 1.8t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys i raced a jetta 1.8t. on the back it said BORA? he was modded i saw boost gauges, ...

WRX vs 1.8t

hey guys i raced a jetta 1.8t. on the back it said BORA? he was modded i saw boost gauges, front mount intercooler,exhaust...
    thats all i could see.

alright heres the story..
    im driving to work when this silver modded jetta comes flying off an off ramp, so i was like cool maybe he'll run me. so i pull up behind him and the light turns green he guns it so i gun it, i start to pull hard on him, then a light ahead turns yellow so he slams on the brakes as do i. the werid thing is he stops like 20 feet before the light so he can get a rolling start. so i i nailed it in 1rst i pull hard on him end of first were dead even. shift in to second i start to pull on him pretty hard 3rd it was all over and just for over kill i pushed it into 4th i had him by at least 7 car lengths. then i shutdown and he does a fly-by it was very funny.
    Last edited by SjpWrx; 03-11-2003 at 05:45 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting. The Bora is the European name of the Jetta. Same car as far as I know. Interesting you saw it called a Bora in the US. Perhaps they import them?

Nice kill.
    2010 SSM STI

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Interesting. The Bora is the European name of the Jetta. Same car as far as I know. Interesting you saw it called a Bora in the US. Perhaps they import them?

Nice kill.
    No they just put the Badges on 'em. Good kill none the less.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Why on Earth would you put a Bora badge on it?! Some people do rather odd things.

Or maybe....Euro jealousy!

Europeans rule
    2010 SSM STI

When VW imported the rabbit here, Europeans lined up to buy rabbit insignias. Go figgure. Was it a type R Bora or just a regular Bora?

X

if i had a jetta id debadge it and add a bora badge. i love europe!!!!!!!!!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Thumbs up Re: WRX vs 1.8t

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    hey guys i raced a jetta 1.8t. on the back it said BORA? he was modded i saw boost gauges, front mount intercooler,exhaust...
    thats all i could see.

alright heres the story..
    im driving to work when this silver modded jetta comes flying off an off ramp, so i was like cool maybe he'll run me. so i pull up behind him and the light turns green he guns it so i gun it, i start to pull hard on him, then a light ahead turns yellow so he slams on the brakes as do i. the werid thing is he stops like 20 feet before the light so he can get a rolling start (that *****) so i i nailed it in 1rst i pull hard on him end of first were dead even. shift in to second i start to pull on him pretty hard 3rd it was all over and just for over kill i pushed it into 4th i had him by at least 7 car lengths. then i shutdown and he does a fly-by it was very funny.
    Nice kill.
    Last edited by WRXless; 03-12-2003 at 09:28 AM.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

SjpWrx, nice kill. could i ask what mods you have?

WrXraBBit im mostly stock only preformance mod is an exhaust

WRXless your right my attitude was pretty childish i apologize.

the post has been edited if anything else bothers please feel free to pm me or email me.

for any one reading this wondering why i edited it, i belive that we are all adults and should act like adults.
    Last edited by SjpWrx; 03-11-2003 at 05:48 PM.

Re: ..

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    WrXraBBit im mostly stock only preformance mod is an exhaust

WRXless your right my attitude was pretty childish i apologize.

the post has been edited if anything else bothers please feel free to pm me or email me.

for any one reading this wondering why i edited it, i belive that we are all adults and should act like adults.
    Good man!
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Re: Re: ..

Originally posted by WRXless
    Good man!

Ahhh yes, respectable when you correct yourself and admit it was wrong! Great kill!
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Originally posted by WilliamG
    Why on Earth would you put a Bora badge on it?! Some people do rather odd things.

Or maybe....Euro jealousy!

Europeans rule
    Yes some people do! Now where are my STi badges for my WRX, hmmm....
    Driving the whiteline nightmare!

2003 Aspen White WRX Wagon 5 speed

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey, did that Bora have slightly tinted out rear lights? Where did you see it. I know someone who has a car that description (it's pretty slow compared to a rex, but a nice car except for the goofy taillights)...

Nice Kill
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

MidKnight yea actually it did have those smoked tails. we raced on the old bridge part of rt 9

I Support ClubWRX
    yup... he's one of those people that manages to spend lots of money on their car and it looks like it should be fast, but it just isn't.... he also has a hummer h2 now.....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.