03 cobra does it... 790rwhp
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 cobra does it... 790rwhp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well nitrous pete has done it.. reaching the 800hp mark with just an aftermarket sc and fuel system.. dynoing 790rwhp ...

03 cobra does it... 790rwhp

well nitrous pete has done it.. reaching the 800hp mark with just an aftermarket sc and fuel system.. dynoing 790rwhp he is expected to run 9's

http://svr6.ehostpros.com/~socalwild...ef1038c5a0c166
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Uhhh, isn't that like a WRX running 62 psi? That's a blue oval nuke ready to go off.

The new Cobras are nuts!

T3, sounds like you have quite a car yourself.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

my god that thing sounds godlike
    lambosv21

Originally posted by Integra96
    Uhhh, isn't that like a WRX running 62 psi? That's a blue oval nuke ready to go off.

The new Cobras are nuts!

T3, sounds like you have quite a car yourself.
    completely forged internals and a low stock compression....the engine is capable of much more... in no time there will be 900+rwhp cobras... the only thing is the halfshafts cant handle that much power so im pretty sure the stock ones will snap... there is supposed to be a company releasing a supercharger that is much more effecient than the kenne bell... im savin up =)..... nitrous pete (the owner of this cobra) runs with the stock IRS rear end.. which just amazes me...

thanks, my mods are pretty decent.... still not enough though
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

whoa gotta love the 03 cobra...even tho it finished 3rd between the g35 and rx8. neck snapping power! not to nimble tho.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by lambosv21
    my god that thing sounds godlike
    I'll second that!
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    whoa gotta love the 03 cobra...even tho it finished 3rd between the g35 and rx8. neck snapping power! not to nimble tho.
    well it outperformed all of them.. finishing first on the track.. the point system they used was just stupid.. i mean didnt it get a 7 for fun factor? i have driven supras, rx7s, wrx's, etc and none were as fun as my cobra... but then of course that is clearly opinionated.. doesnt make the cobra bad =)
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

That IS impressive with out a doubt for any car, but it brings to mind the last gen Supra. A 6 cyl powered car that has been able to easily do that and more (BTW, did I mention ONLY 6 cylinders.

Not a flame but until we starting seeing some really BIG numbers it's not that big of a deal for a V8 with lots more displacement and forced induction. Idid like the sound though
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

its cool.... unlike the dyno queens (supras)...03 cobras are putting out equal torque numbers with a very smooth powerband Unlike those of the mkiv supras... thats why 750hp takes a cobra to 9's and wont get a supra to 11's =)

also realize that positive displacement superchargers are a lot less efficient than turbochargers.... i hear they are developing turbocharger kits for the 03 cobras.. but they are going to be expensive because they will need aftermarket intake manifolds... they would produce massive amounts of power... also a more efficient supercharger is going to be produced.... efficiency plays a huge role in how the dyno numbers turn out... just look at the difference between the stock supercharger and the kenne bell at 16psi... im running around 15psi right now dynoing 487 with a wideband tune... the kenne bell sc put out 670rwhp with just 16lbs of boost on the stock fuel system.. and as the sc's become more efficient the hp numbers will increase.. but just realize that 790rwhp from a 4k sc kit is amazing.. and the gains from the sc are incredible.. but better will come yet.. at first i was saving up for the kenne bell... but from what i hear about this next sc (although a little more expensive) it will blow the kenne bell's numbers out of the water

sorry for the long post
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

i'd rather have a supercharger then a turbo because the sc is always on. sounds better too! but i dunno man ur trashing supra's and they are amazing. i believe a supra can outhandle an 03 cobra. so it's a better overall car.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by |T3|
    its cool.... unlike the dyno queens (supras)...03 cobras are putting out equal torque numbers with a very smooth powerband Unlike those of the mkiv supras... thats why 750hp takes a cobra to 9's and wont get a supra to 11's =)

also realize that positive displacement superchargers are a lot less efficient than turbochargers.... i hear they are developing turbocharger kits for the 03 cobras.. but they are going to be expensive because they will need aftermarket intake manifolds... they would produce massive amounts of power... also a more efficient supercharger is going to be produced.... efficiency plays a huge role in how the dyno numbers turn out... just look at the difference between the stock supercharger and the kenne bell at 16psi... im running around 15psi right now dynoing 487 with a wideband tune... the kenne bell sc put out 670rwhp with just 16lbs of boost on the stock fuel system.. and as the sc's become more efficient the hp numbers will increase.. but just realize that 790rwhp from a 4k sc kit is amazing.. and the gains from the sc are incredible.. but better will come yet.. at first i was saving up for the kenne bell... but from what i hear about this next sc (although a little more expensive) it will blow the kenne bell's numbers out of the water

sorry for the long post

Yeah I didn't know if you'd take that as a flame or not. Good that you didn't Honestly, I've owned a SC'd inline 4 cyl (1.8) vs my current turbo'd flat 4 (2.0) and the SC'd motor was no match.

Sure the SC'd motor made power earlier (10psi before 2K rpms) but it was severely disadvantaged compared to the turbo 4 even though the turbo motor doesn't make full boost until ~3500K rpms.

I'd save your money for the turbo when it comes out and you will have folks in awe!! As long as the internals can handle it and you're (of course) set up properly fuel wise, then you'll have mad power
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

hahah sorry if that sounded like a flame...ive been involved in like a million supra vs cobra arguments... both cars are amazing.. dont get me wrong, id love to drive a supra.. and i probobly would have purchased one if they werent so expensive... lower milage supras are running around 35+ for a 40k mile car (around where i live)... supras can pull more lateral g's but i believe both cars would deliver comparable track times (stock)... i believe powerband on the 03 cobra is much more suitable for the track and would undoubtedly give the cobra the advantage.. the stock 03 cobras have a high center of gravity stock.. i dont know what it is with mustangs but the ford designers decided to have them sit like baja racers (not so much the cobra as the gt, but it still sits high)...
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

haha can u imagine a cobra baja racer...holy shizit! that hurts to just think of that!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Wow, I only WISH I had that many hp's pulling me along...lol

About that Supra comment, man I want my THZ :-P...hehe that's been my dream car for AWHILE now and can't wait till I graduate and hopefully get a nice job makin some good money within the next couple years of it. So we'll see
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a great thread! IIRC, didn't most of the huge power Supras only run 11's or so because of traction problems? I keep hearing people say that the IRS rear ends can't hook up on those - even with good tires.

The '03 Cobra is the epitome of a muscle car, IMO. Not entirely my cup of tea, but very cool nonetheless.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast