03 cobra does it... 790rwhp - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 cobra does it... 790rwhp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; dang.. I don't think I should buy one even if I had money. Too much power for me to handle.....

dang.. I don't think I should buy one even if I had money.
    Too much power for me to handle..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i love the look of the supra and the sound of the cobra...can't i have both. i'd prob take the supra. wider aftermarket i think for them. better interior too.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

yeah i love the interior ergonomics of the supra.. but the leather toyota uses feels like rubber.. and i wouldnt trade my suede seats for anything...

well often times the big hp supras have very large single turbo setups... running a lot of boost... sometimes it takes those things half the track to spool up.. once they do however they are unbeatable... for expample i know we have all seen those amazing supra highway races... the 03 cobras are IRS as well, most amazing is how nitrous pete (the owner of the 790rwhp cobra) is still using the stock IRS... and i didnt think the stock halfshafts were capable of handling that kind of power... yet traction is still a HUGE problem.. i could only imagine

either way both cars are amazing... the aftermarket is steadily growing for the 03 cobras and we really wont know its true capabilites for a while....but im completely confident that the numbers will reach the 1000hp mark on the stock internals....
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

must suck to not have traction heheh....i'll be happy with a low 13second 1/4 or high 12 and a great suspension setup. just me. overall is good for me.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

the cobra is an AMAZING car

but after reading the car and driver review on it, all i can say is that interior looks like it came straight from a neon. I just expected more for such an expensive car.
    --Jason-- 2004 MT WRB WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 more goodies:
    STi SS | Blitz SUS | Samco IC Hoses | Perrin Rear Sway Bar and Endlinks | Eibach's | Steel Gray Rota Downshifts | Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's | Blitz DTT-DC2 | Phatty-Ass System

"This is my WRX. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My WRX is my best friend. It is my life. I must master my WRX as I must master my life. Without me, my WRX is useless. Without my WRX, I am useless."

Originally posted by Shibby

but after reading the car and driver review on it, all i can say is that interior looks like it came straight from a neon. I just expected more for such an expensive car.
    open the hood then when u close it get in and put it in 1st and romp the gas.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

i agree

but after reading the car and driver review
    that was the stupidest review ever written..we all know c&d is euro/jap biased.. so its no surprise... the cobra did outperform all of the cars..

all i can say is that interior looks like it came straight from a neon
    i notice you say LOOKS... the seats are unbelievably comfortable and they are suede with adjustable side bolsters i mean those puppies keep you in place

I just expected more for such an expensive car.
    what the heck are you talking about?
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

t3 u can't expect everyone to like or respect the cobra. ya know. we all know most narrow minded domestic or import guys have no respect for anything but there on "brand" it's just not his flavor he may like a lexus is300 over the force of the wrx. to each his own.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

i completely agree... just as long as everyone has their facts straight...
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

Originally posted by |T3|
    i completely agree... just as long as everyone has their facts straight...
    exactly
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

I am a diehard muscle car fan. I have loved them since I was a kid. I only wish I could afford a car like the new Cobra. Not to mention the insurance on that sucker with my crappy driving record. If you don't mind me asking, how much is your insurance?

arm and a leg??!
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Yeah....probably his first born too....

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    arm and a leg??!
    exactly =)
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

gotta say i like that new cobra first off.

that nitrous pete guy gonna put slicks on with that kinda power? i wouldnt wanna stand near that thing while its launching. hehe

only thing i'm stll not impressed with is the power per liter output of the ford mod motor. with 4 valve heads and forced induction it should be near 100 hp per liter out of the factory i would think. guess you have to make a few sacrifices for a wwwwiiiidddddddeee powerband that starts near idle

oh yeah and don't worry about that car and driver crap if there was a bmw in the comparo it would have won even if it was slowest and most expensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.