wrx vs i-rock z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs i-rock z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just raced a i rock z, i believe v8. Off a red light, i just got into 1st gear ...

wrx vs i-rock z

i just raced a i rock z, i believe v8. Off a red light, i just got into 1st gear fast, and went to 6k 1st and 2nd gear. He got a little bit infront at the launch, it was head to head all the way, he wont by id say a couple of inches. Afterwards, they where impressed with the wrx because at the next stoped they where said WOw that car is fast. i just smiled! If i had launched my wrx mabye, i would have taken them.
    Your Pal,
    Brian Trinidad

Pearl Black 03 Wrx, 5spd, turbo gauge, Spoiler, Progress lowering springs Cusco front and rear sway bars, Gutted uppipe, helix v2 dp, greddy evo catback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run. work on that launch and youll beat him.
    '05 CGM Subaru Impreza WRX Mods
    '02 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX (sold)
    '94 Subaru Legacy Wagon L (daily)
    '90 Toyota Supra Turbo

Originally posted by pdrpowerofWRX
    nice run. work on that launch and youll beat him.
    I agree. My launches sucked so bad at first, but after I got it down it's amazing how much more powerful the car seemed to be.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Re: wrx vs i-rock z

Originally posted by teck7droid
    i just raced a i rock z, i believe v8. Off a red light, i just got into 1st gear fast, and went to 6k 1st and 2nd gear. He got a little bit infront at the launch, it was head to head all the way, he wont by id say a couple of inches. Afterwards, they where impressed with the wrx because at the next stoped they where said WOw that car is fast. i just smiled! If i had launched my wrx mabye, i would have taken them.
    was it stock. if it was stock once u get used to ur car more u should ruin him!!! if it's not stock then it's up in the air.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

the i-rock z's are pretty slow, they run in the 15's when stock...
    autobahn storming scooby

isn't it IROC?

Yeah, good catch 2001s4
    autobahn storming scooby

Originally posted by blackshadow
    Yeah, good catch 2001s4
    I just wanna make sure it was a Camaro and not some other car I haven't heard of.

as a former "iroc" owner and current wrx owner here is my two cents. the iroc is a very easy car to launch perfectly especially the automatic. with 325 ftlbs. of torque there are not many cars that can hang with it from 0-30. i used to piss off LT-1 corvette owners from light to light with that car. with a perfect launch the wrx will show taillights to the iroc immediately but the rex is alot harder to launch. out of ten tries i say the iroc will holeshot a wrx seven times. easy car to reel in past first gear tho.

Actaully if you guys are interested in the facts, not vidieo- land, Iroc's with the optional 5.7 tpi V-8 from 87-92 ran 14.2-14.3@97-98mph in the quarter stock. The 1989 turbo trans-am's ran mid to high 13's stock. The 5.0 TPI 5spd Iroc's ran high14's and early 5.0 carberated ones ran low 15's maybe thats what you ran?
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Actaully if you guys are interested in the facts, not vidieo- land, Iroc's with the optional 5.7 tpi V-8 from 87-92 ran 14.2-14.3@97-98mph in the quarter stock. The 1989 turbo trans-am's ran mid to high 13's stock. The 5.0 TPI 5spd Iroc's ran high14's and early 5.0 carberated ones ran low 15's maybe thats what you ran?
    ok so either way stock he'd ruin it since the car is old beat and worn.

someone go to car stats to verify this. he likes to talk out of his a$$
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Those times are what the ringers ran. In reality you aren't going to see a 305-powered 80s F-body running 14.anything stock. The 5.7 was available only with an automatic and it also never did 14s from the factory - possibly a 14.9 with a good driver but certainly not low 14s. Not till the LT1 was that the norm.

The 89 Trans Am turbo is a thing of beauty that any go-fast junkie would love to own. I always wanted an 89 TA and one that's that easy to mod (think Grand National) would be the ticket.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

ok thanks john. so we know that once again rayzzz is bs about times. he's build great credit here dont' u think.
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by SpeedRacerWRX02
    ok thanks john. so we know that once again rayzzz is bs about times. he's build great credit here dont' u think.
    No the times are real...In rayyyyyz world!
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

The 89 Trans Am turbo is a thing of beauty that any go-fast junkie would love to own
    Amen!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.