wrx vs i-rock z - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs i-rock z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; as far as REAL 1/4 mile numbers my 1988 iroc with fresh .040 over 5.7, slp headers, no cats and ...

as far as REAL 1/4 mile numbers my 1988 iroc with fresh .040 over 5.7, slp headers, no cats and flowmaster 3" exhaust would run VERY consistent 14.80's at 89-91mph. thats it. car ran perfectly. always thought the TPI motor would have made a great truck engine. all torque off idle but runs out of steam at 4500 rpm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I never thought those things had an inkling of quickness to 'em.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I think it was modded, it sounded really mean. Like my bros flowmaster on his ford expedition. Sigh i really need to practice my launches, but it kills me knowing that im hurting my rex, i think i lover her to much ehhe jk
    Your Pal,
    Brian Trinidad

Pearl Black 03 Wrx, 5spd, turbo gauge, Spoiler, Progress lowering springs Cusco front and rear sway bars, Gutted uppipe, helix v2 dp, greddy evo catback!

Back in the late '80s and early '90s I've run plenty of L98-powered F-bodies (L98 = 350). My bone stock '88 Mustang GT ran consistent mid-14s and those F-bodies were my closest competitors. Given that, and the fact that I have witnessed first-hand many of them running at the drag strip, you can rest assured that a L98-powered F-body is quite capable of running into the 14s.

Unless every single one of them that I ran and witnessed were "ringers".
    Last edited by lyonsd; 03-17-2003 at 11:48 AM.

http://members.cox.net/iroczdave1/IR...nfo%20Page.htm

That tells the story pretty well. So in 91 and 92 they eeked into the 14s. That's still not a challenge for a stock WRX, and it verifies my previous post.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Different magazines will have different times. In real life most I've seen ran mid 14s if they had the L98 engine and were '88 and up.

***This post was removed because he is just arguing with no point.***
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-18-2003 at 11:41 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Wow...there goes Rayzzzzz MAGAZINE RACING again...

Ray don't you get it, no matter what you say here on out on the boards is moot...you have proven that you have nothing but flames to type out on the keyboard of yours. That being as it is, nobody will take you seriously, and your childish name calling sure adds to your maturity too...

I think you should cut your losses and leave these boards for good..

ps. It's just a shame I had to waste my 100th post to this cool guy

- Ryan
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-18-2003 at 11:53 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Ahh...WrX Fxx...Ahhh....Do You see my sig? I'm a regular at the track running a best of high 10's! What will your Subie do with $1,600in mods? ($2,000 if you include the Nitrous set up)..... Yah.. I thought so! Ohh and when I see you subie vidieo game drivers spouting out complete ignorant statements about Camaro track times and one of you wrx fools says there is no way a Iroc runs low 14's ,I have to enlighten you ricers on the FACTS you guys will not believe my claims of 1/4 mile times so the only way to prove it to you ricers is with documents. Now Subie drivers pull your heads out of Fantasy vidieo games where it shows you WRX going up against cars that would SPANK you in reality!

Why don't your Subie Econobox drivers compare your cars to ones you can actaully beat like a Neon??......Ah...Whops I forgot those care are putting down 230HP to the Wheels! Even those cars will Spank You! BBBAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Or...better yet....Go Raceing around your ice coved streets of your local town and see how long it takes for you to slide out and total your car? Your cars are right from the factory just like the vidieo and ralley cars on T.V....Right????...BBBBAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAAA
    Rayzzz57,

I wasn't going to post a reply to you, but I decided I would. I just felt the need to let you know what a baffoon you are. You come here and make it a point to bash everyone here as well as their beloved WRX. Why? Just for sh!ts and giggles? You sound moronic, immature, ignorant, and more or less just plain stupid. I have had many discussions in which my views differed greatly from the vast majority of the people here. I, however, never bashed the WRX and never retort to immature name calling. I have had cases where discussions got more heated than they should and things are said, but it almost always ends peacefully and without the dumbass remarks that you love to leave. I am a guest on THEIR site, as are you. I come here cause I love the WRX, respect it and like the conversations that take place here. Why are you here? You come to brag about your car that is nothing special. Sure its fast, but what else can it do? If you are really that pathetic that the only thing you have to amuse you is coming here and going on your childish rants, then I feel sorry for you. If you do it just for the fun of it, then I still feel sorry for you. I am guessing you are a kid, your posts seem to prove that. As I have said to others before, hopefully this means you will have time to grow up and learn a few things in life. Either way, I think it is time for you to leave and to shut the fvck up already.

Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-19-2003 at 07:30 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Sorry Sr Sellout...,last time I checked this was a free country and I'm just stateing the FACTS! Does the truth hurt riceboy? I'm also entiled to my opinion, just like RICERS like yourself who SELL OUT your COUNTRY and buy your UNDER powered ....OVER priced SUBCOMPACT RICE cars.
    Don't worry its ok that Japanise Car Market share is growing at an almost Monopolistic rate...American car Manufactures are going out of buisness at a unprecidented rate...Who cares, not Ricer boy!

....It's much cooler to drive a RICER.....Screw Domestics....Ricers are WAYYY cooler.... Less than 200Wheel HP.....less than 7.8g's in handeling, for OVER $23,000?...For a car that can't even barely break 140mph?...Ohhhh....But it looks SOOOO COOOllll, almost like a Ferr...well maybe a Por...err..well maybe a...a..ahh...so it looks like a Hyundi!.... But hey!...It can beat a Neon...errr...well, maybe not.....But ..Hey it can beat a DIHATSU! BBBAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

....Err...But Im gonna put this really Big wing...and Really cool stickers.....and these cool colored wheels.....errrr... and I got this Vidieo game......BBBBAAHHHHHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't drive a WRX, you illiterate jackass. Lets do a little math here smart guy.

WRX = $23,000
    F-body = $24,000

these prices are averages.

WRX will drive without a problem for lets say 6, 7 maybe 8 or more years.

F-body will drive maybe 4 years with many problems, over and over again.

In 4 years, you will be dropping another $24,000 for another F-body. This car will also last about 4 years. During this time of course you will most likely be putting a good bit of money into each of these cars, as they will require repairs.

So for the same time frame, you will be paying about $48,000 + repair costs while the person who buys a WRX pays $23,000. Sure you MAY be able to go faster. Your car MAY sound a little meaner. Well, actually, thats a given. You just spent a whole lot more for your TWO cars while the people you are bashing here paid half as much (even less) for the one car. Shall we mention the fact that they will also be able to drive the car year round? They don't have to and hopefully WON'T be trying to run 12's or less in the winter, but they won't be getting stuck going up a 1 inch incline like you will.

Now lets go further here. What kind of radio to you have in your car? What kind of tv in your house? What kind of stereo in your house? Do you have a digital camera? How about a film camera? Who makes those? Video camera perhaps? Maybe a Handheld PC? How about your pen!s enlarger pump? Oh wait, you have a camaro, that is your pen!s extension, strike that one. My bad. I GAURANTEE that you have a boatload of japansese or other foreign products that you use every single day. Guess that would make you a sellout, now wouldn't it. Now here is a challenge for you. No a dare, respond in a mature manner. Respond WITHOUT name calling. Respond intelligently. Lets see if you really DO have something good to say.
    Last edited by 2001S4; 03-19-2003 at 07:32 PM.

hang on. rayzzz your calling the guy with the AUDI a rice boy?

does your mommy know your playing with her computer?
    Last edited by chevyeater; 03-19-2003 at 07:59 PM.
    -Brian.

Originally posted by Trainrex
    Everybody run!!! It's a spy!!! ***runs out of house screaming and flailing arms above head***

Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-19-2003 at 08:46 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Enough with the persoanl attacks. We talk cars here people. Compare cars to cars, and not levels of intelligence to levels of intelligence. I'm sure there's a way for this conversation to be carried out in a mature and appropriate manner.

Take a deep breath, relax, and converse...uh...uh...uh...no being pissy...converse. There...see...that's much better
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast