When will it stop, now echos handle better then us
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on When will it stop, now echos handle better then us within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.echofans.net/showthread.php?threadid=2116 im surprised the echo even has fans...

When will it stop, now echos handle better then us

http://www.echofans.net/showthread.php?threadid=2116

im surprised the echo even has fans
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm surprised by the aftermarket parts.... I don't see it as impossible for a well modified (suspension wise) fwd car to walk away from a stock wrx in some corners...
    autobahn storming scooby

Um, Echo enthusiasts? I think I need to go lie down now...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

WRX can out sprint my Boxster, but get the Subaru into tight corners and its lousy tires and over 3000lbs make it an easy target for a well prepped Echo.
    I don't know that any car is an "easy" target for any kind of echo.

I'm planning to Auto X my Echo soon so I will have proof it eats WRX's for lunch. I dont understand why everyone thinks a well setup 2000lb sport sedan cant out handle a 3000lb car that rides on all weather tires.
    And echo autoXing is funny. Notice how he calls his echo a sports sedan, however the WRX is not referred to as one.

You underestimate the Echo. It is built on a decent platform and has a high performance engine mated to a decent 5 speed gear box. Youre funny about not wanting to drive a FWD car into a corner. There are lots of FWD cars including Echo/Yaris that blow away some RWD cars. Although I prefer Porsches to anything when pure performance is the goal.
    High performance engine - laughable. This guy is a jackass regardless of if he's lying.

What a bunch of losers, there's nothing wrong with owning an echo (i guess...) but when you brag about it as if it was a performance car, thats a bit odd.

haha
    did u notice the guy that has the boxster too and hes modding a echo...wtf is wrong with him...probably dont have a boxster though
    "I put two and two together and decided - you're pissin' me off."

Originally posted by ViciousVolpe
    haha
    did u notice the guy that has the boxster too and hes modding a echo...wtf is wrong with him...probably dont have a boxster though
    if ya can afford a boxster. lets assume that he needs the echo for gas mileage... there are many better alternatives....
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

one more car to watch out for while driving.........
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Forget the SRT-4, we have REAL competition now

Now the Echo is one UGLY car!

Oh, and I definitely call the BS flag on his story. No way josť.
    2010 SSM STI

I Support ClubWRX
    It wouldn't shock me to see a riced out Echo with a park bench bolted to the trunk.

There's a guy a few blocks down that has a '90s Tercel with a huge flame paint job and chrome wheel covers with the stock exhaust pea shooter on it. I bet he can tear up WRXs in that beast

I could go on and on about the riced Toyotas in the greater Tempe area! They're such good cars but, unless we're talking Supra or Celica All-Trac, they aren't high performance.

Calling an Echo a sport sedan is like calling my toaster a precision engineered 120V thermal transfer food temperature accelarating unit.
    Last edited by Integra96; 03-09-2003 at 05:31 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Calling an Echo a sport sedan is like calling my toaster a precision engineered 120V thermal transfer food temperature accelarating unit.
    HAHAHAHA

Haha Integra96! Funny stuff.

In all seriousness though, I dont see this being a far fetched story. This guy has done suspension/wheels/tires work coupled with the the possibility the WRX owner wasnt pushing his car, or wasnt a great driver, I could see him out leaving behind a wrx in the twisties. Hell I remember reading a story on this board or another of a WRX owner who had a rental Neon and took it to the twisties caught up and passed a WRX and other drivers who just couldnt drive. But the Echo guy said the wrx was drifting around turns? He wasnt that bad of a driver then.
    04 SVT Lightning

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Integra96
    It wouldn't shock me to see a riced out Echo with a park bench bolted to the trunk.

There's a guy a few blocks down that has a '90s Tercel with a huge flame paint job and chrome wheel covers with the stock exhaust pea shooter on it. I bet he can tear up WRXs in that beast

I could go on and on about the riced Toyotas in the greater Tempe area! They're such good cars but, unless we're talking Supra or Celica All-Trac, they aren't high performance.

Oh that is a good one!
    2010 SSM STI

Why the need to bash the Echo owners. Even if the one guy is lying, as he has posted many kills and no losses, what makes it different than someone here? If I were to read about a WRX running away from a 2003 Cobra, would that be believable? If his car is modified, it is perfectly believable that he can do what he claims. He admits that he cannot run away from WRX or most of the cars he races in a straight away, only in the twisties. Every time one of these boards pops up, people are quick to bash. I once thought that way, but now I realize these people are car enthusiasts just like the rest of us. The only difference is they take a chance and go out and get a car outside of the normal racer loop. Hell, I give them credit for that. One more thing, I do think and always have thought that the Echo is ugly.

hahahahaha

that is hillarious
    I've had idiots in echos try and run against my stock prelude and it chomped them in straights and the "twisties" the prelude is one of the best handling cars around IMO FWD is it's only downfall

Thumbs up

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Why the need to bash the Echo owners. Even if the one guy is lying, as he has posted many kills and no losses, what makes it different than someone here? If I were to read about a WRX running away from a 2003 Cobra, would that be believable? If his car is modified, it is perfectly believable that he can do what he claims. He admits that he cannot run away from WRX or most of the cars he races in a straight away, only in the twisties. Every time one of these boards pops up, people are quick to bash. I once thought that way, but now I realize these people are car enthusiasts just like the rest of us. The only difference is they take a chance and go out and get a car outside of the normal racer loop. Hell, I give them credit for that. One more thing, I do think and always have thought that the Echo is ugly.
    Toyota Echo Wheelbase: 93.3 in.

(02)Subaru WRX Wheelbase: 99.4 in.

ever hear of the [i think its called] Bumble Bee Del Sol? cause of that car,Del Sols are now banned from the USTCC,due to their lightness,and short wheel base,they can go into corners much faster than all the other cars,so i also don`t doubt this kid,although i sort of doubt him having a porsche and audi and whatever else he said he had...power does always win a race

Last edited by SpeedKills; 03-09-2003 at 09:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.