Mustang GT + X Encounter

This is a discussion on Mustang GT + X Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I thought I should start by sharing that I lost a race ... I'm not talking a little but pretty ...

Mustang GT + X Encounter

I thought I should start by sharing that I lost a race ... I'm not talking a little but pretty extreme. Tom ( brother ) and I were in my car and Tom was driving. We were going southbound yesterday on 75S around 1pm. When 75 and 575 merged I saw a green Mustang GT w/ a different hood + exhaust merge onto 75. I told Tom that I'm sure I can get the GT guy to race us I told Tom to stay around 65-70mph. I looked over at the GT guy and he looked at me. I waved to see if he wanted to go and he jumped us hard ... I mean hard. Well I was like not big deal since he was a car ahead of us before the turbo kicked in and I told Tom to try again. We get next to the GT guy again and I looked over and signaled one more time and the GT guy let us have the head start. I know I was in turbo at 70mph in 3rd and the GT jumps us a car+ in less than 5sec at 70-85mph. I looked at Tom and was like ... umm we just got beat ... bad. Both times I waved thanks to the GT guy and he smiled back. I wonder what he had in there because he pulled on us like is was not funny. Remember ... we had the jump the second time and he still walked on us VERY quick in a VERY little amount of time. This makes me want a UTEC, STI, etc ... yes we had two people and the GT had one but that much pull in so little time doesn't make a difference.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Alot of times, to hang with the modded V8's it is going to take more flow than the stock turbo can pump out (or nitrous.) At least from a roll like you guys were doing.

Be forewarned though, going for a bigger turbo is like taking crack. You'll want more, then more......

btw, I have never done crack......
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    Be forewarned though, going for a bigger turbo is like taking crack. You'll want more, then more......
    Well put!
    2006 Porsche Cayman S