Club rsx loses one of its own.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Club rsx loses one of its own. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings all, I'm the 1/4 forum moderator over there and I just wanted to pass on the sad news. I ...

Club rsx loses one of its own.

Greetings all, I'm the 1/4 forum moderator over there and I just wanted to pass on the sad news. I know street racing will never cease so lets just be as careful as we can.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=69260
    02 Wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What a tragedy, it's a shame...

man thats sad to hear. best wishes out to his family.
    Last edited by ebr0t; 03-08-2003 at 06:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Bert's in my prayers. Best of luck on his recovery.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Bert's in my prayers. Best of luck on his recovery.
    Umm... Fahd, i don't think he's going to recover... He's already gone.

sigh...

Originally posted by Shard
    Umm... Fahd, i don't think he's going to recover... He's already gone.
    OMG I only read the first post on that link. That's horrible Be safe everyone.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

No need to restate my position on street racing. After reading all of the posts on the link, I found sadness in only one post. There was a reply from someone that watched his younger brother die from an asthma attack. He sat in the hospital with him for 52 hours, that would be terrible for the older brother and agonizing for the younger. That is very sad, and the fact that not a single person acknowledged reading his story is sad as well.

The rest of the link revolves around stupidity, not sadness. I realize that is harsh, but it is the truth regardless. It's very fortunate that no others were injured in this incident, especially fortunate that drivers not participating in the racing were not involved.

I feel for the family and friends, coping with the loss of life for no reason is difficult. May they all find peace in the end of their grieving.

sorry

damn.....that's bad news.....makes you think about it all......
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Damn very sad indeed
    Dom
    03 Platinum Silver WRX

BMW Death

That's such a tragedy. I just lost a friend to drag racing yesterday afternoon. his gf was racing in her BMW at 100+ mph when they hit a easy turn at slower speeds, but at that speed it was hard. Her BMW couldnt take the turn and started to drift off of the road. She tried to swerve back on the road but swerved too hard and went across the central median into oncoming traffic, hitting a 60 year old woman who was driving her honda. The honda ignited, and my friend who was the passenger of the girl in the BMW was killed as well as the old woman. Very sad and everybody around here is traumatized by it, another person i know was the person they were racing against. They feel terrible.

We all make choices. Some, not as well as others. Will this slow anyone from street racing? Nah.

I agree with glepko. The story of the guy losing his little bro to asthma is a tragedy. The other, well, I'll reserve comment.

Hopefully, some of you will learn.

Peace,

Curtis

sorry to hear that.... i'll keep him in my prayers

i think this will stop me from street racing, turbeauxREX. But my decision to stop street racing was from a near accident from a street race that got me thinking on wednesday night.....

Yeah it's definitely a lesson to learn...however they should show more support for the guy by talking more along the sad lines...yes we all know there is a lesson, but it's more sad than anything...
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Very sad....it was a mistake for travelling at that speed, but dying is the worst penalty.

What makes me mad most of all is that on Clubrsx, a few people are responding with 'tire comments' like - "they should put better tires on the cars' and various other comments like that. What a load of BS. It doesn't matter what tires you have. If you're doing 100mph - you're ASKING for trouble. I'm not saying that I've never done 100mph - heck - I got pulled over yesterday for doing 91mph. I just don't want to hear people blaming tires. Total crap.

Best wishes of course to the boy's family. I hate to say it as it's harsh - but since it HAS happened - let it be a lesson to us all.

Peace.
    2010 SSM STI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast