Wrx (Stage IV) Vs. 03 Cobra (Stock) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx (Stage IV) Vs. 03 Cobra (Stock) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by SGOSWRX Well you all most got him. To bad you weren't racing on an 1/8 mile track. ...

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Well you all most got him. To bad you weren't racing on an 1/8 mile track.

I am truely amazed by your 1/4 mile time and mph. With that great 1.76, 60' time you still only ran 13.4 @ 99 mph.

I ran 13.3 @ 99 mph with Turboxs stage 2 - thats also here in S. Florida.

That track you race on has to be going up hill and have a couple turns in it.
    Please keep in mind cars run .3-.5 and 2-3mph slower than they do at most other sea-level tracks here:

Here = Hawaii. Higher elevation = less air = less power = slower times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn, the 03's are brutal on the top end eh? 107 stock...damn good for a 32-35k car. Makes the f-bodies look kinda silly right now(please don't turn that into a flame war). 03's take to mods well it seems. I have heard that some guys are cookin pistons, the fuel rails sometimes starve a cylinder, but its an easy fix.

107 stock, with a horrid 60' foot time. Bet they are a hoot to drive.

Anybody know what altitude and relative humidity and temps do to a supercharger? Is it pretty similar to what it does to a turbo?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Im not sure if I got Him at a low rpm on the hwy or what but... I pulled from him... Maybe its hard for the car to build boost at a 55-60 mph roll? Or that guy had no idea how to drive that car...

IM still trying to figure out how i got his ass on the hwy..

my buddy's zx2 s/r beat my friends 95' 5.0 on the hwy as well.

No need to build boost with a supercharger. The power is always there for the taking. Supercharged cars usually split the power loss between N/A and turbo'ed cars at high elevations.

-B

yeah and the higher the rpm the higher the paracitic drag from a supercharger. not "free" power like a turbo.

Originally posted by brembo
    Damn, the 03's are brutal on the top end eh? 107 stock...damn good for a 32-35k car. Makes the f-bodies look kinda silly right now(please don't turn that into a flame war). 03's take to mods well it seems. I have heard that some guys are cookin pistons, the fuel rails sometimes starve a cylinder, but its an easy fix.

107 stock, with a horrid 60' foot time. Bet they are a hoot to drive.

Anybody know what altitude and relative humidity and temps do to a supercharger? Is it pretty similar to what it does to a turbo?
    I'm guessing you have no idea about stock LS1's. My stock 2002 SS netted a 13.2 at 107mph w/ 2.1 60ft. Most stock 6 speed ls1s will trap 106-107mph and autos a couple tenths slower. Stock Cobras FULLY BROKEN IN trap 109+mph. Bolt-on LS1's can hang with stock 03' Cobras. You are correct about it being mod friendly. That car is a animal. Again, nice race Biaxin .
    Last edited by Shaitiger; 03-09-2003 at 03:29 PM.
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Well you all most got him. To bad you weren't racing on an 1/8 mile track.

I am truely amazed by your 1/4 mile time and mph. With that great 1.76, 60' time you still only ran 13.4 @ 99 mph.

I ran 13.3 @ 99 mph with Turboxs stage 2 - thats also here in S. Florida.

That track you race on has to be going up hill and have a couple turns in it.
    We've been trying to figure out why we're so slow here ever since I've been draggin'.

On a related side note: the owner of the '03 Cobra (a member of the Mustang club I used to belong to when I had my blown '94 GT) mentioned that he had raced the car on the mainland (where he bought it - to circumvent the outrageous $10k+ dealer markups here in Hawaii - hey, there's nowhere else to go on the island so they feel they can charge what they want) before he shipped it back here to Hawaii and clicked off some 12.90's with a best of 12.89. Much to his chagrin he is running 13.20-30's back here in Hawaii.

Oh well, at least we have surf.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Oh, and Bixain's a pimp for smokin' that '03 Cobra!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Nice run!

Most stock 03 Cobra's with little break in are running from 12.7's - 13.1's @ about 109 - 111. A 13.0 @ 110 is about average. I ran a 13.0 @ 109.5 on a 95F muggy day on a crappy track. They will run high 12's stock at 110+.

Modded 03 Cobra's are definately in a different category.

Raced a 2002 Z06 on the highway yesterday.. Scared the CRAP outa me. We ran them from 70 -140. I had to switch lanes cause I was going to pass him. Then I noticed a car in my lane coming up REAL fast! I even started out in 4th and not 3rd. Would have taken, I guess, about 2+ cars if I started in 3rd.

Tricked out modded to hell Stage 4 should take a stock 03 Cobra. But not by any 7 cars. Try a modded one... Would be interesting.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Originally posted by 03Cobra

Tricked out modded to hell Stage 4 should take a stock 03 Cobra. But not by any 7 cars. Try a modded one... Would be interesting.
    well considering the conditions outside... with the salty roads. At a dead stop I had 7 cars... on the hwy it was about 1 car.
    I still cannot believe that I took a cobra on the hwy...

I have a lot of respect for that car... I didnt want to sound like I was doggin it

No not at all... This is a great thread!

My stock 03 Cobra, I thought, was amazingly fast. If your 4 cyl can take one, thats one bad azz car!!

I think you have the advantage on the street with traction. A better driver might give you a better run. The highway is kinda shocking. The track might be a different outcome. But, all in all, you should be able to edge most stock 03 Cobra's in most conditions.

The stock 03 Cobra is VERY VERY detuned from the factory. There is SO MUCH left in the tuning, exhaust, and intake. The stock exhaust is VERY restrictive and is a joke. I think its the same diameter as the GT. With just a 3" cat back and a little more timing the car can hang with, or edge, a Z06. Pulley, Catback, and chip edges the Vipers. But I would have to say that the lightly moded 03 Cobra, Viper, and Z06 are fairly close in power and times. The 03 Viper may have a bit of an advantage by weight and aerodynamics. I beat the times I've seen of the 03 Vipers, but they had a higher trap speed (118 vs. 121). A lot of the problems of my Cobra and the 03 Viper is TRACTION!

I would absolutely LOVE to feel the 0-60 pull of that Stage4 WRX. I bet you can scare the hell out of people not expecting it...

Props to the Stage4 WRX! Prolly the fastest, nastiest little 4 cyl I've EVER heard of.

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Props to the Stage4 WRX! Prolly the fastest, nastiest little 4 cyl I've EVER heard of.
    ...and props to you for being so graceful about your competition
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

not saying u're bs'ing, but i don't think that guy in the cobra knew how to lauch.....them cobras are nasty fast....and for ya to get 7 cars on him, he'd had to b spinning his tires the whole time
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    not saying u're bs'ing, but i don't think that guy in the cobra knew how to lauch.....them cobras are nasty fast....and for ya to get 7 cars on him, he'd had to b spinning his tires the whole time
    Hmmm...I don't know dude. That stage IV does pack a punch
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    I'm sure the Cobra was smoking the tires big time. While he was spinning his WRX was jumping off the line like a Jack Rabbit.

I raced a Z06 and beat him so bad up to 80mph it wasn't funny. I instantly jumped at least 4 cars in front of him right off the line. By 80mph he had already given up. If your spinning your not winning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast