wrx2 cameross 1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx2 cameross 1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hay I thought camro ss stock is faster than a wrx but it seems that this time at least the ...

Thumbs up wrx2 cameross 1

Hay I thought camro ss stock is faster than a wrx but it seems that this time at least the mebaru was faster three race all within a inch but two for me, one for him my car is stock and the ss had at least a cat back i dont know how much power you get form a-piller gauges lol but thats got to be worth ten at least I would have beat him that third time but i was makeing my girl friend sick with my bow legged launch and the nagging was killing it.Has any body had any runs with a ss?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Huh?

hehe j/k...

Yeah you're right though, the SS in a drag race should beat the Rex...the guy must have SUCKED at driving...lol nice job though!
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Yes, the SS should have pretty much murdered ya straight line, and they even handle too. They are minimally quicker than a z28 (straight line performance difference is negligable). These things are low low 13 second stock cars, and thats without the launch of AWD to help it out. Awesome cars, and you should NOT have kept up or won. LS1's are great cars, all of em.
    I have an eclipse. It is slow. Please don't hate me for driving such a car, I really want a WRX. Please buy me a WRX, Ill be your friend.

Definately sounds like you know how to launch your WRX and the SS was having traction problems. LT1 and LS1 z28s have serious traction issues racing from a dead stop on the street. I owned a 94z28 and a 99z28 and they both liked to spin the tires big time racing on the street. I lost many races while sitting on the line spinning and not going anywhere fast. It can be very frustrating.

In a short race - I could definately see a stock WRX beating a Z28 SS on the street where traction is such a big issue.

Were all your races from a dead stop?
    How long did you race 0-80mph?

Also was the car a LS1 SS or a LT1 SS? There is a pretty big difference in performance between the two.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 03-08-2003 at 03:33 PM.

well to be honest I only was in front of him each time for a 1 or 2 seconds I got to the light then befor you can say that he was at the light so I can't tell you what year camero it was but all races were from a street roll and go to the next light .because there was a dip in the intersection first race was to 70 or so 2end race to about 90 and when he beat me i let him in because his lane ends and i am not going to run someone off the road for a win though that sounds cool I am sure the karma car GOD would surly smite me so I let him by he was ahead a little anyway that one was to 110, long road .it was the on to my house .

you have an extremely fast stock wrx. Mine would fair poorly against them past 30 or 40

well I don't know about that but I think I drive beter than most.
    Incoludind the guy in the ss.oh well it just goes to show you that its often the driver and not the car.

Some of my "best" losses came from LS1 SS's when I was stock. They had a lot to do with me modding my car A stock LS1 SS will absoultely WASTE a stock WRX straight line, unless the driver REALLY screws up.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

i remember pulling up to a light against a guy in his SS in my friends 98 prelude...this guy knew how to drive. So much so that this stock SS had just the right combination of slip/grip of the tires and he was accross the street before i could begin to shut down about half way through first lol
    lambosv21

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.