WRX vs M3 SMG vs 95 ZR-1
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs M3 SMG vs 95 ZR-1 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally got my car back from the shop yesterday. It's not all the way done yet, but it was ...

WRX vs M3 SMG vs 95 ZR-1

I finally got my car back from the shop yesterday. It's not all the way done yet, but it was nice in Pittsburgh yesterday (42 degree)
    so I decided to take it home and wash it. I am just waiting for the NX intercooler sprayer bar and the C-West sides.

My neighbor just bought a brand new M3 SMG and did some new rims and a more aggressive exhaust. He keeps talking trash about how long my car has been in the shop. He says that I'm wasting my money and that I could have a bimmer just like his. So he stops by while I am washing my car and says to me "Is it done yet or are you scared to break it." I walk over to my car, finish drying it off and hop in and turn it over. Oh, I don't know if many of you guys know what I've done to my car, but it is completely catless and sounds kinda mean. Back to the story, We went out to a secluded streach of road where we know that not to much traffic is on and waited for the light to turn red. All the time we were at the light he was talkin' trash. I just smiled and focused on the light. It turned green and BOOM I was gone. I pulled on him in first , second and from there on it was pure rearview action for the SMG. We went again. Same results.

So he calls his freind that has a ZR-1 Corrvette that is lightly moded (the usual stuff, exhaust, headers, etc) which I love to death. He let me take it out acouple times. It is a beast. I was almost pissing my pants when he came to meet us. We lined up at the light. Neither of us said anything. When it turned green we were off. The cars were neck and neck then I realized that I was only running 14lbs of boost, so I hit my e-man presure switch and instantly went to 17lbs. after that I was gone. Bye Bye ZR-1. We ran again, but this time I hit the boost change earlier and beat him by one and a half car lenghts with no problems.
    Needlees to say all were impressed with my car. Including me.

Thought that I would post my results. I was grinning from ear to ear and had the best erection in months. haha

Check out my mods here:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=21008
    Last edited by Sites5; 03-17-2003 at 03:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow dude. holy AWESOME run...damn I'm jealous !
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

thanks

Thanx, I tryed my best to have a great set-up. I did alot of resarch on products. This set-up that I have now is the one that, in my opinion, gives me the most reliablity with the performance that I was looking for. I will have some more stories once the weather breaks here and people start bring out there cars.

How long did the race go? You realize a stock ZR1 traps at 110+ mph and if you're going fast enough to leave him (pulling him, not just fast enough to beat him on the launch and fend him off for a few more seconds before he flies by) you're making some pretty impressive track times. Timeslips?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Give him some time...he just said he just got his car back.

Very, very nice.

390 whp
    Last edited by Sites5; 06-06-2005 at 11:00 PM.

Re: WRX vs M3 SMG vs 95 ZR-1

Originally posted by Sites5

He says that I'm wasting my money and that I could have a beemer just like his.
    Great Kill.

p.s. Beemer = BMW bike and Bimmer = BMW car.

I rode in a stage 4 with up/down pipes, bigger turbo, plugs, injectors, etc... The whole nine yards with 16+ psi... i was imressed but I did not think it could take a ZR1 or even an 02/03 M3... Hmmmm...

Is that considered a stage 4?

Damn thing sounds like a shocking beast. And a freakin sleeper! I LOVE sleepers!!

Throw it at um!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

I would guess Sites car puts down more power than a typical TXS Stage 4 with the differences being the Greddy turbo (as opposed to an IHI), exhaust manifold, and front mount intercooler.

I have 2 questions:

1. What is a E-man pressure switch and what does it do?

2. Brembo does not make a back brake kit, so what do you have on the back?

I have the brembo kit on my car, and a spo back kit.....the only brembo big brake kit is on one car in America, one of a kind, and it is on my friends car that sposnered by brembo. They even stated that they do not make a back kit, that is why it is so special.

So what are you using?

Not to call you on it, but jsut would like to know the poopie on it.

Also, how much did all of your mods cost you.....you got one nice car, just wondering.

Thanks
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Damn dude nice WRX. So does that Greddy turbo utilize a different type of up-pipe/downpipe? It sounds pretty sweet.

As far as traps go, most people don't understand how traps work and will forever be downing the WRX on it's low traps. Hell, even if you're trapping at 108mph doesn't mean that you can't walk a higher trapping vehicle through your 3rd gear (105mph).

Anyways, it's good to spank your neighbors
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-12-2003 at 05:08 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

I have posted my mods. (below)I got the Brembo Gt 13.1 inch front and the brembo 12.9 inch rear. My fronts are the only one with the Brembo calipers and all four have the endless pads. The e-man presure switch changes the boost for my normal 15 to higher boost for 16 sec. That is enough to make an signifigant differece. I have a HKS manifold and downpipe and a greddy up-pipe. I was surprised as anyone for me to beat a ZR-1 vette.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=21008

Originally posted by skullguy
    I have 2 questions:

So, how much did all of your mods cost you.....you got one nice car, just wondering.

Thanks

When it is all said and done I will have around 32000 in my car. It is my toy. I love to surprise people. That is including labor.

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)

Unhappy

Hm...
    I raced a BMW M3...i think a 99, it was stock and was a stick

I raced it with my 2003 wrx manual, and lost

We raced fomr a stop, and the race was 0-60, irst to reach 60 wins.

I had a decent start but fell back

Are my results normal for the type of cars racing?
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.