Mad
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mad within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, it was Sunday night. I was with my Wife going to my friend's house. Big avenue, not that many ...

Mad

Ok, it was Sunday night. I was with my Wife going to my friend's house. Big avenue, not that many people, minding my own business. I stopped at the light, 2 lanes. I'm on the right, first at the light. Nobody at my left side for few seconds, then somebody finally. The guy is kinda behind, not at the line at all. Since I've been looking for people to race and I can't see him, it "bothers" me... "what the hell is he doing".... then I look at my Wife and just forget about it. At the same time our light turns green, a car coming from the right, just turn right and basically pull in our lane without stopping since it's red for him, I'm already mad at him. And guess what? The dude next to me, decide to race me without even telling me and by then, since he was behind, it's a rolling start for him by the time I realize what's going on. I try to catch up but I had to switch lane since the idiot I was talking about earlier pulled in front of us real slow. So I'm behind that Infiniti I30(maybe 98 or 99) and I just can't catch up, it's too late. Even with my MBC it's not happening. I'm frustrated. The nexst intersection is coming up, I'm supposed to turn left and he's going straight to the freeway. Also, it goes from 2 lanes to just one so I would be behind him and wouldn't be able to do anything. Night time, so dangerous. And I'm usually pretty crazy. But no, not tonight. He pissed me off. He probably told all his friends he smoked a WRX. I tried to forget about it and realized one thing: I should have let him go right when the light turned green. He would have looked like a a$$ racing by himself. So you guys should think about it in situations like that. I mean, everything was against me. But if the next light was still 2 lanes after that, I would have pulled next to him and hunt him down for sure. That is so shady. And yes, watch out people because more and more people eye our car now, and many people want to race us without actually letting us know and then have a big grin on their face to make fun of us. It's not fair but it looks like either some advertising, or marketing or whatevewr else make the WRX and its driver a cocky thing... well, my friends watched the latest commercial and told me "So it's the car of the year, huh?" and they become envious and look at me like I think my sh*t don't stink. So be ready to go to war now. Because more people know what it is and more people want a piece of it. We are the hunted.
    By curiousity, what's under the hood of a I30? I'm sure not as much as a WRX but still, wondering....
    Last edited by ticrab; 01-22-2002 at 11:40 AM.
    WRX by Nature
    www.fresnowrx.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.