Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you guys Insane payingK for a WRX compact car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No Flame inteded but Seriously, 23,000 or ,000 for the new 04 Subura? I must be missing something. Is it ...

Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car?

No Flame inteded but Seriously, 23,000 or $30,000 for the new 04 Subura? I must be missing something. Is it the vidieo games you guys played as kids or comic books? Commercials?... What gives? Even $21K for a Front wheel Drive?
    Whats with this whole tiny compact car Import( integra, Honda) or even domestic (nEON) fwd sceen?
    Whats the fascination with layin out that much doe for such low performance machines?
    There is still a few 02 Firebird Formulas, at my local Pontiac dealer left over there selling for $22,000 NEW! A Rear wheel drive(not wrong wheel drive), 6 speed, not 5,not 310 advertised hp but 310-320 RWHP, .90 g'S CORNERING, 160MPH+,car that runs high 12's in the 1/4 stock brand NEW car! You dont have to shell out any doe on upgrades!
    Hello!....It seems in the future cars are getting slower and costing MORE! $23,000 for 14-15 second cars?
    Please tell mewhat it is. It's just not you guys but the whole teenage population. Even my nephew just bought a new WRX! he ran 14.6 and is Stoked..... Stoked for a 14.6?....PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!! When he came over to show his new car all the little kids in the neighborhood came to look at it! My 15 year old next door neighbor is saving up to buy a wrong wheel Drive Acura for $23K, WTF?
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-06-2003 at 10:08 PM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i came from mustangs and bought the wrx. i can say the wrx is better then a mustang gt, firechicken, and camaro. better gas, more reliable, 4door for space and room for 5 if needed. AWD is far better then rwd or fwd. u'll get hit with a lot of responses but let me be the 1st to say ur spelling is terrible. muhah redneck. j/k
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??....Seriously you think AwD is better than rear wheel drive in any automobile race accept off -road or Racing in Weather? I guess we need to let Formula 1, Indy. CART, and of course Nascar, they all have it wrong! oh.. And GO Speed!....ah...actually you even beter Brake it to TRiXY, your Mach one has it WRONG too!
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-06-2003 at 10:21 PM.

car that runs high 12's

If you think a Formula can run twelve's stock then you seriously need to take a trip to your local track
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

.90 g'S CORNERING, 160MPH+

My gawd man you are giving us Pontiac guys a bad name....so your telling me that your Formula Firebirds are running the same specs as a ZO6........moron.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

Congratulations Ray, you have been awarded the dumbest post of the week!

1) Learn how to spell and maybe use correct grammar. People might take you more seriously then. I'd bet that your nephew does a better job.

2) Not everyone wants a domestic, rear wheel drive car that feels like it weighs 4,000 lbs and is going off the market. If everyone drove the same thing how interesting would that be?

3)
    No Flame inteded but Seriously, 23,000 or $30,000 for the new 04 Subura? I must be missing something. Is it the vidieo games you guys played as kids or comic books? Commercials?... What gives?
    No flame intended? That's like me saying "You're a blabbering sack of donkey $hit. Don't take it personal."

4)
    12's in the 1/4 stock brand NEW
    You're funny. Maybe you should teach some of the LS1 guys around my area to drive. I've yet to see a 12 from a stock LS1 in my area. By the way, drag radials and exhaust is not stock.

In short, go troll somewhere else.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

AWD drive there fella. Big difference from FWD. 14.6? yeah 14.6. But throw in the fact that rain/snow/ cruddy road conditions don't really hurt that figure. You outta go test drive a WRX and reconsider your disdain for the little car. The cars stock setup inspires confidence in driving. Stable and FUN.

Go pick up the current Road and Track issue and read the article on the 350Z/Z06/M3/911 Targa comparo. The writer does a much better job at describing how a well setup suspension can turn a obviously outclassed car into a contender by how they handle themselves(the car, there I go anthropomorphizing my car again).

With simple mods(5$ boost controller) if yer a good driver 13's are right there. Drop another 1000-1500 and yer sniffing 12's. Not a wheel spinning monster, but a daily driver that will act like a Camry in traffic and run with a LS1 with a decent driver.

The common defense for WRX owners is to start yappin about "hey...run me in the rain, lets see who wins there!". Kinda a silly thing to say, cuz only a nimrod would race in the rain(unless on a track). But it does have some bearing. You can tackle any weather condition in a WRX, and still push the envelope. Snow? OMG! I thought I'd died and gone to car heaven the first time I got to go play in the snow in my Rex. I was smiles for days after we got our first snow. You see lotsa Detroit iron(read RWD muscle car) out cutting doughnuts in parking lots? LOOKING for twisty mountain roads with 4 inches of snow on the road? No, but I sure go lookin for em in my car.

Would you be willing to hand the keys of your 320 rwhp beast to a n00b driver? Prolly not, it requires some time to get used to that kinda power in 8/10ths driving. Yet I gladly let friends fire up the Rex and have at it, its such a forgiving car...and fun to drive(hey, see a pattern? fun keeps popping up in my sentences).

Seriously, its not all about 1/4 mile times in the real world. Its about gettin from point A to point B, and with the exceptionally versatile AWD system and zippy engine of the WRX, you can find fun just about any time while driving one.

Go test drive one, heck drive yer nephew's around for an evening. Find some gravel roads, twisty tarmac, or even better a wet parking lot, you'll get a big grin, and appreciate a well rounded car.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

wait a second what's your point in being here? You come onto a subaru forum looking for trouble. We all have our reasons for buying the cars we do. I for one like the traction, 5 person seating capability, better gas mileage, ability to smoke domestics (certainly destroyed a 5.0 tonight) and still much better interior than any of the cars you listed. Also do you really want your 15 year old neighbor driving a car thats capable of 160 mph out of the box? And seriously, you need to work on your grammar and spelling, it's hard enough to take you serious as it is. Oh and if you don't get the point of a $30,000 Subaru (sti) then thats fine, but just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to bash it. Yeah cars are definently getting slower in the future... . Name one car model that has recently been redesigned or released that has had a decrease in performance from it's previous model?

Now please explain why you're here?
    autobahn storming scooby

It all comes down to practicality. on the street you are not going to have the benefit of racing slicks to give you traction. Road conditions arent going to be dry all the time and the roads arent going to be clean all the time.

Try getting a 1.8 60ft on street tires out of a RWD car its hard. With the WRX you can do it all day.

I know up here in the north If i had RWD I would be at a big disadvantage when the snow hits. My friend has a camaro Z28 he cant drive it 4 out of the 12 months of the year. I have also driven the thing, the thing is a beast, it is not manuvrable or nimble at all. Definately not as chuckable around the corners as a WRX.

If you have ever driven an AWD vehicle it is very easy to control. If you loose traction all you have to do is give it a little gas and point the car in the right direction. 4W drifts are fun especially in the snow. Powering out of corners results in no loss of traction on street tires even in less than ideal conditions.

Whereas given my buddy's camaro you better be easy on the gas if you dont want to end up in a ditch. If you hit a patch of sand forget it. It was a 70 degree sunny day my buddy has Eagle F1's on his car and the ASR (traction control) kicked in when he tried to pull out slowly at 5 mph from a road that was just a little dirty.

Tell your friend to add a 50 dollar 5 minute install mechanical boost controller set at 15.5 psi, if he is a halfway decent driver he should break into the 13's.

RWD is only "ideal" in ideal conditions on racing slicks on a prepared track on a dry day. Which dosent happen all that often.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??....Seriously you think AwD is better than rear wheel drive in any automobile race accept off -road or Racing in Weather? I guess we need to let Formula 1, Indy. CART, and of course Nascar, they all have it wrong!
    Of course! Doing doughnuts is the universal measurment of power!

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??....Seriously you think AwD is better than rear wheel drive in any automobile race accept off -road or Racing in Weather? I guess we need to let Formula 1, Indy. CART, and of course Nascar, they all have it wrong! oh.. And GO Speed!....ah...actually you even beter Brake it to TRiXY, your Mach one has it WRONG too!
    bahhahahaahah nascar...
    LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT whoa this is exciting YAWN LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT o man only 4 more hours of LEFT LEFT LEFT LEFT...

it's sad when a pontiac owner cracks on u on a wrx board. well if ur formula which runs the 1/4 in 13.5stock roughly of course and ur z06 like .90g's of handling want to come to massachusetts then i'd be glad to race you on a track. every racing even. from drag racing to rally racing. winner has bragging rights. hmm what do u guys think?
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Actually mine ran 12.94 @107 with just the aircleaner removed, when it was new. Now after putting out $1,700 in my car with a set of heads and cam it has now ran a best of 11.40@119 and 10.90@129 with Nitrous & my friends e.t street tires.

Oh, And GAYtor....... Z06 run low 12's even and ocasional 11.9X at moroso here in Florida, with just drag radials! Oh and GAYtor Z06 pull .98 g'snot .90g's!
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-06-2003 at 10:49 PM.

and two days after you took the air filter out.. it didnt run at all. nice story. the end
    -Andrew

all i've gotta say is
    1) come to mass and take me up on my offer
    2) if ur car is such a "godly car" why did they stop making it??
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

And my FWD drive GTP ran a 10.7 with my wife's trailblazer engine in it............mmmmm kayyy
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.