Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car? - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you guys Insane payingK for a WRX compact car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by rayzzz57 Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??.... Number of doughnuts, ...

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??....
    Number of doughnuts, what all cars should be judged by...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

mmmmm doughnuts.

I can do donuts in my car just fine. As a matter of fact, it looks pretty cool when I do them, much more controlled than your average rear wheel "fling the back around".

Here's something else to think about. I live in Chicago. It snows here, a lot. My daily driver IS my sports car. I notice I don't see too many Firebirds/Camaros driving around in the snow.
    Last edited by Mad Max 03; 03-07-2003 at 12:14 PM.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

I raced a blown camero and lost, I came up and told him to follow me, if he could.

Took the backroads and trounced him. His paint was scratched up because his ass end went off the road and into the gravel trying to keep up. And I'm on my stock RE-92s.

Going fast in a straight line is cool. Going fast through the twisties is cooler. Thats why I have a WRX.
    - Capt Crunch

So, exactly how is spending $22K for a peice of "brand new", 20 year old technology a sign of intelligence?

I'll make sure to count the T/A's competing in the WRC while I'm watching the Rally of Turkey tonight.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Anyone wanna give this guy that Type R Assclown award, I think he earned it......moron

The original post is

Supergay!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

In regards to the comment made on cart Formula 1 and nascar on how they use rwd rather then AWD therefore making it superior, id like to invite you to take a look at the rule books for these groups. If you read carefully you will find that AWD has been banned, becouse of it's unfair advantage. If im not mistaken this would make AWD the superior drivetrain. Go look at the British touring cars a few years back audi found a loop hole and got there AWD car into the program dominating the series. Or say we look at the race series with the s4 right now,(cant remember the series name becouse i dont watch it enough) its funny the s4 beats up on the vettes. Before you spout of info regarding AWD i suggest you do youre homework on the subject. When it comes to racing AWD dominates in every condition rain or shine.

Deadpool: Cool post, I wish my first post made a good point like that.

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    When it comes to racing AWD dominates in every condition rain or shine.

Sorry DEADPOOL, I don't agree with you on this point. Some conditions it will be better, some will be worse. Drag racing is obviously NOT a strength of AWD. Either way, it doesn't really matter which is the superior setup. There isn't one. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I know people that feel AWD is for people who can't drive. I don't agree with this, but it is their opinions. I agree with many here that it is fun to whip a car around and have the back just snap right back in line. However, I have owned a turbo supra as well, and it was great fun to get it to drift and whip that a$$ around. I have also had a very slightly modded Acura Legend coupe. Actually a pretty quick car, not lightning fast, but quick and fun. It was front wheel drive and had a little bit for torque steer. I wouldn't trade the time I had with that car for any other. It was great. My point is simply that there are many cars with many different configurations, there are no clear cut winners. Some are better for others. Some are just more popular with others. Now lets start talking about something of real importance. Automatic vs. Manual

Cool cars and racing...

well my only input to this is this.. you can make anything go fast in a straight line... put a couple turns, shifting and braking into the scenario and probably could not stay on the track.. and i am not quite sure where all the stats come from. i have raced a few Z28's, SS & trans am's and never lost by more than a car length ot two...i think with his spelling abilities he's and grammar he's just lost must be looking for a different forum and took another wrong turn...

Well, I watched the Rally of Turkey, and you what? I didn't see one T/A for the entire two hours. But I did see on Camaro Z28 at the gas station on the way home from work. The exhaust sounded really powereful as it struggled to go 2 mph up a 2 deg incline because there was some wet slush in the parking lot.

Pathetic.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by 2001S4
    Drag racing is obviously NOT a strength of AWD.
    I think it's one of the best things that a WRX has going for it. Especially since the WRX has an open diff in the front (LSD in the rear though) it makes it vulnerable to understeer, where as the STI is mad out of the hole and in the turns (STI has LSD front and back).

I believe that the S4 has open diffs front and back if I'm not mistaken and FWD biased compared to a WRX, is that why you feel that way?
    Last edited by boosted 4; 03-07-2003 at 08:55 PM.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Now lets Talk Handeling...You guys really think your cars can handle even close to Formula 1LE's? ( 1LE is the optional handeling packages that comes on Firebirds & Camaro's, for all you vidieo game "DRIVERS")... Which car in its class has won more showroom stock road races in it's class( Firehawk Showroom stock Challenge).......you guessed it ...Formulas and Z-28's.
    Oh and there not raceing Hondas or accuras....Their racing Porsche's, Cobra's, BMW M3's, RX-7's,and 300zx's.

Oh, and say again...How many g's does you car pull around corners Stock?.....And what kind of cars does your Suberu's race against....And Exactly How much better does you Compact Suberu car get Highway miles per gallon than my obsolete V-8??

Oh almost Forgot how much in mods do you have to do to your car which cost more than mine new to equall my cars stock 12.90 performance?...Or even my car with $1,700 in mods to run 11.40@119 NA and 10's on Spray?

How does that saying go?.....You know the one......the one Suberu drivers say about a week after buying a Suberu for 23k......."I coulda Had A V-8!"
    Until Next time boys and girls SSSSEEEEEEE YYYYAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-07-2003 at 09:10 PM.
    2001 Formula
    11.40@119 (N/A)
    $1,700 in mods (head&cam)
    10.90@129 MPH (NOS)
    Stock 12.94@107MPH

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Now lets Talk Handeling...You guys really think your cars can handle even close to Formula's?!!... Which car in its class has won more showroom stock road races in it's class( Firehawk Showroom stock Challenge).......you guessed it ...Formulas and Z-28's.
    Oh and there not raceing Hondas or accuras....Their racing Porsche's, Cobra's, BMW M3's, RX-7's,and 300zx's.

Oh, and say again...How many g's does you car pull around corners Stock?.....And what kind of cars does your Suberu's race against....And Exactly How much better does you Compact Suberu car get Highway miles per gallon than my obsolete V-8??

Oh almost Forgot how much in mods do you have to do to your car which cost more than mine new to equall my cars stock 12.90 performance?...Or even my car with $1,700 in mods to run low 11's NA and 10's on Spray?

How does that saying go?.....You know the one......the one Suberu drivers say about a week after buying a Suberu for 23k.....I coulda Had A V-8!
    Until Next time boys and girls SSSSEEEEEEE YYYYAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, frankly I think you're full of sh@t! Your times are way to exagerated. I saw a WS6 recently doing 12.4's - 12.6's running a big shot of N2O and slicks.

As far as the STOCK/OE G's of the WRX, it's not too hard to figure out that it has all-season tires on it and it won't do too well. However, with it's superior suspension (to the old school Firebird), just throw some nice tires on it and it'll pull some decent ones.
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.