Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you guys Insane payingK for a WRX compact car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; rayzzz, have you ever actually driven a WRX? Or at least ridden in one? They're such sweet cars, they are ...

rayzzz, have you ever actually driven a WRX? Or at least ridden in one? They're such sweet cars, they are quick, handle well, nice seats, nice steering wheel, perfect driving position IMO, decently cheap, get "good" gas mileage, seat 5. How can you go wrong? Ok, now let's look at the Camaro.....Very fast (i'll give you that one), good handling, but not nearly as responsive and tossable as a WRX, steering wheel, seats, shifter, none compare to a WRX, again these are my opinions, but I'm sure most real enthusiasts would agree. Oh by the way, when was the last time any Camaro/Firebird made Car and Driver's top ten list? The WRX has made it both years it's been out in the USA. Take away your stupid biased views, and drive a wrx, and u'll be impressed. And if you're not than good for you.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man, I can't believe it, another domestic vs. import argument. First off, the WRX is made in Japan, obviously we will pay a higher price tag on it due to extra costs of getting the car here (tariffs etc...). Do you think the firebird will be the same price if it was imported? NO! Second, it's personal preference of what the consumers wants, if someone wants a WRX, fine, that's their decision. What right do you have to come on this board and ask how can we all pay what we pay for our cars? Why don't you go and ask all the SUV drivers why they buy their SUVs when they don't need something with the capabilities? Or go ask all those viper drivers why they buy their cars when they're never going to be able to drive 100+ mph on public roads. I don't want to flame you, but you are one ignorant prick.

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Do you See How I could run 2 tenths quicker than the one in the Magazine? Hello............!!!!!!!!!!
    I think you're really missing the point. Oh well, I've said my piece.

I am so glad that I don't have to justify my purchase to people like rayzzz. Last time I looked the pay check I get it has my name on it so I can spend it the way I want. I belive that is called freedom of choise. If you get your kicks out of shredding tires doing donuts , then carry on.
    G.M. has deemed there ideas out dated , maybe you should follow suit rayzzz

" if I have to explain you won't understand "

I Support ClubWRX
    Tell me speed, how many doughnuts can you do that in that Suberu??....Seriously you think AwD is better than rear wheel drive in any automobile race accept off -road or Racing in Weather? I guess we need to let Formula 1, Indy. CART, and of course Nascar, they all have it wrong! oh.. And GO Speed!....ah...actually you even beter Brake it to TRiXY, your Mach one has it WRONG too!

I can't do tire-burning doughnuts like all the 16 year olds do? What?!

Anyone want to buy my WRX?

2010 SSM STI

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    Ray, It sounds your nothing but jealous of the WRX and the great popularity it has. Here's some advice, either go buy one, or get over it. Your not getting anywhere by coming here and trying to start something.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

haha~ is it anymore reliable than lincoln and caddy?? jeez.. they have LOTTTTA minor problems.

Re: Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car?

No Flame inteded but Seriously, 23,000 or $30,000 for the new 04 Subura? I must be missing something. Is it the vidieo games you guys played as kids or comic books? Commercials?... What gives? Even $21K for a Front wheel Drive?
    Whats with this whole tiny compact car Import( integra, Honda) or even domestic (nEON) fwd sceen?
    Whats the fascination with layin out that much doe for such low performance machines?
    There is still a few 02 Firebird Formulas, at my local Pontiac dealer left over there selling for $22,000 NEW! A Rear wheel drive(not wrong wheel drive), 6 speed, not 5,not 310 advertised hp but 310-320 RWHP, .90 g'S CORNERING, 160MPH+,car that runs high 12's in the 1/4 stock brand NEW car! You dont have to shell out any doe on upgrades!
    Hello!....It seems in the future cars are getting slower and costing MORE! $23,000 for 14-15 second cars?
    Please tell mewhat it is. It's just not you guys but the whole teenage population. Even my nephew just bought a new WRX! he ran 14.6 and is Stoked..... Stoked for a 14.6?....PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!! When he came over to show his new car all the little kids in the neighborhood came to look at it! My 15 year old next door neighbor is saving up to buy a wrong wheel Drive Acura for $23K, WTF?
    Ray, Instead of buying the 2002 Firebird Formula that no one else will buy, why don't you just get a 2003 Firebird?

Also, if you can't spell, why don't you get a dictionary. When you can't spell or use proper grammar, you look like an idiot before you have even tried to make your point. "No Flame inteded"
    Last edited by Rich10; 03-07-2003 at 07:32 AM.
    2002 WRX WRB

Camaros and Firebirds are a dime a dozen. A WRX is a rare sight by me. That is just another reason besides all the ones that were already listed that Raz hasn't even touched.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Another point not touched. You're comparing a 2004 car to a 2002 car. I bet you can pick up a 2002 WRX for 20K or less. Then throw 2K of mods on it (to equal YOUR car's price), and the WRX leaves your tire roaster in the dust.

Not that I need to explain my reasons to you, but I live in CO and I saw a car EXACTLY like yours about a week ago in the snow on the slightest incline just spinning his tires...stuck. Keep your car.

Oh, BTW if you're here to hold intelligent conversation: Welcome
    If you continue to make fun of screen names and add nothing to the forum: Bye bye
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

yeeeehhhaaaaa redneck power!!!!!

You should get yourself one a them super- cool bronco II's with a huge lift, little tires , and a home made trailer to tow your sweet ride to the track.....yaknow....avoid heatsoak and all? Then you an cosuin marty can heat things up in that there bronco...wooohoooo!!!

Sorry...that was rude. I have nothing against rednecks. Really . I just might have confused a nasty little piece of white trash with one...that's all.
    ++++++++++++++++++++

Sedona Red Wagon, Nicely Tinted

Thule Bike RackS

2C worth

All I have to say is that there is a reason they are stopping production of these cars....need we say anything more
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

y u guys feel the need to respond to or defend against an obvious troll
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

if you have to ask, you'll never know.
    Funky motha fvcka with your big toe to go.

Chili Peppers rule!

Firebird Formula V8 - Had one!
    WRX - Have ONE!

There is a reason I sold my Firebird. Guzzled gas and couldn't handle. Plus the interior is crap cheap, and damn thing was fallin apart after a couple years. Both turn signals went, the ABS light was constantly on (even after the dealer looked at it), smog pump went out, the brake lights burned through bulbs every month (electrical short I guess), and the driver window would get stuck down every now and then and wouldn't roll up! Not to mention it burned oil, developed an exhaust leak, and had a few other problems.

You can think that your firebird is that fast stock, I'm sure some of the guys that I've KILLED on the freeway thought this too, right before they thought..."WTF was that!"

If you think your so fast STOCK, you need to talk to the guy that I pulled 7 CAR LENGTHS on up past 110mph last week with 3 people in my car! HIS Z28 wasn't so fast. (I'm not stock, but I've only got about $1500 into the car so far...and THIS is why I got a WRX).

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast