Are you guys Insane paying$23K for a WRX compact car? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you guys Insane payingK for a WRX compact car? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if all I wanted to do was go fast in a straight line in ideal conditions how about a 12 ...

if all I wanted to do was go fast in a straight line in ideal conditions how about a 12 second goped...

Smoked by a Goped !?!?!

just playin.
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Me: I hit a highway divider at 120...
    Stupid Cousin: Is that a bad thing?
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, And GAYtor....... Z06 run low 12's even and ocasional 11.9X at moroso here in Florida, with just drag radials! Oh and GAYtor Z06 pull .98 g'snot .90g's!
    Gee a 50000 dollar ZO6 running 12's with drag radials but your car runs STOCK 12's and it's only 22000. Now just think if your story were true they wouldn't have disco'd your car....hmmmm...try using your brain man.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rayzzz57
    [B]Actually mine ran 12.94 @107 with just the aircleaner removed, when it was new. Now after putting out $1,700 in my car with a set of heads and cam it has now ran a best of 11.40@119 and 10.90@129 with Nitrous & my friends e.t street tires.

I guess you completely ignored everything that everyone has written on this thread Maybe you should try something a little more complicated than driving in a straight line. Who knows, you might even learn something! But be careful, you wouldn't want to stop being a narrow minded jacka$$

No flame intended, of course.

Oh and by the way, here are the specs from Road and Track on a SS camaro.......
    0-60 5.5
    1/4 13.9/105.5
    Skidpad .87
    Doesn't this car cost more than yours b/c is has more horses and a better supension?
    Are you sure your racing the 1/4 mile not the 1/8 mile track
    Last edited by GTP_Gator; 03-06-2003 at 11:03 PM.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Originally posted by GTP_Gator

Are you sure your racing the 1/4 mile not the 1/8 mile track

it must be one of those downhill tracks that I keep on hearing about
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

Originally posted by silverscooby
    "You're a blabbering sack of donkey $hit.

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    Actually mine ran 12.94 @107 with just the aircleaner removed, when it was new. Now after putting out $1,700 in my car with a set of heads and cam it has now ran a best of 11.40@119 and 10.90@129 with Nitrous & my friends e.t street tires.

Oh, And GAYtor....... Z06 run low 12's even and ocasional 11.9X at moroso here in Florida, with just drag radials! Oh and GAYtor Z06 pull .98 g'snot .90g's!
    Sorry you need over 600 RW horsepower to run 10's so your are telling me that you have a 250- 300 shot of nitrous? Even more with street tires since you wont be getting traction at all out of the hole.

I cant find my BS flag anybody want to assist?
    VS1/TXSII Hybrid (RIP)

The only thing I could say is, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

The 2002 Pontiac Firebird was not cheap. At least the one you are talking about with over 300hp. Brand new that thing was over 30,000 dollars especially with the ram air option which gave it 325hp.

If i could get that thing "BRAND NEW" for 23000 dollars i would definately get it.

even for $23000 dollars, I would at least want the car and paint to last longer than 2 years. Try living with domestics near the coast, you'll have 1/2 a car in 2 years. Good thing about that is, it will be lighter. Maybe good for a 10 second run. Without mods!

See I HAVE found the reason......You guys really don't belive guys like me that tell our cars run high 12's stock! You really just don't know better! ........... Still hard to belive.......
    Well all you doubters follow this link...Click number 11

My 2001 Formula 12.9x STOCK
    Currently with $1,700 in mods(Head&cam) 11.40@119N/A
    10.90@129 NOS on friends E.T Street Tires
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto.../index10.phtmlhttp://www.popularmechanics.com/auto.../index10.phtml
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-07-2003 at 09:32 PM.

Originally posted by rayzzz57
    See I HAVE found the reason......You guys really don't belive guys like me that tell our cars run high 12's stock! You really just don't know better! ........... Still hard to belive.......
    Well all you doubters follow this link...Click number 11

[/URL]
    Did YOU follow that link? your car doesn't run high 12's stock (13.15 if I remember), and every car that does is over $50k. You should really find something more constructive to do than telling everyone on a subaru board that a rally car doesn't drag race as well as a RWD domestic.

Ray-

Please look back at your posts. You are focusing on one...ONE aspect of the cars abilities. 1/4 mile times. I'd be wondering too if a 2.0 liter engined car whooped up on a 5.7 liter car myself. Yes, the f-bodies are a superior drag car, I'd be a fool to say otherwise.

Now, look at the bulk of the other posts, the ones defending the WRX, and the reason we "kids" buy em. Its not straight line speed, its not terminal grip. Its cuz this car appeals to enthusiasts(sp?...its late I'm tired, cut me some slack). Instead of having a single genre machine, "we" opted for a jack of all trades. The WRX is the swiss army knife of the automotive world. Might not be the best at any one disipline, but damn good at ALL of them(off roading/rock crawlin aside).

As to the inference that I'm a dumb teen, yeah whatever. I OWN my company. People work for me, I make decisions for myself. I like the WRX, I like Firebirds, I like BMW's....get the picture? I liked the combination of power/finess/value/reliability/utility of the WRX, so I got one.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

god those cars are fugly

Ahh..Butfingers...Do you even know what Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets Are? 437 RWHP N/A, 570+RWHP NOS

Ahh..And Statiowagon Master.. all ls1 dyno the same(300-320RWHP Stock) depending on year, Ram air has no affect on Rwhp it's more marketing than anything...and I have the base Formula which weighs even lighter than the Ram Air (heavyier hood)and Less weight with 16" instead of 17" rims, which has 50's instead of 40's so I have better traction and weight than the ram air and no airfilter. Do you See How I could run 2 tenths quicker than the one in the Magazine? Hello............!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rayzzz57; 03-07-2003 at 12:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.