Is this an STI scoop or a regular one?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on Is this an STI scoop or a regular one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In the UK where I'm from originally we call the "hood" of a car the "bonnet" so I suppose this ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    40

    Is this an STI scoop or a regular one?

    In the UK where I'm from originally we call the "hood" of a car the "bonnet" so I suppose this would be an example of getting "bees in your bonnet". I just thought it was a cool picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cj_17902.jpg  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User PKer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    2,497
    Haha I like that "bees in your bonnet"
    I think it's a regular non STi "bonnet scoop"

    Must have fish & chips for lunch mmmm fish & chips.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    40
    There was an SRT4 parked next to the WRX and the bees didn't even touch it. Perhaps they can recognise a poseur car with a non-functional hood scoop.......

  5. #4
    Moderator WilliamG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,215
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Andrewm
    There was an SRT4 parked next to the WRX and the bees didn't even touch it. Perhaps they can recognise a poseur car with a non-functional hood scoop.......
    2010 SSM STI

  6. #5
    Registered User PKer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    at work
    Posts
    2,497
    recognise a poseur
    The english language is so crazy.
    I would have written recognize a poser.
    I think it's funny when they add an e in the wrong spot to sound classy like "centre" or "shoppe".
    Is that the normal way they're spelled in the UK?

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    40
    Normally I use US spelling (or I spell check using a US dictionary).

    "recognise" and possibly also "poseur" are both words of Latin origin that joined the English language via French. For example, reconairtre, is the French verb to recognise. The British English spelling of words of French origin generally preserves their French spelling while US English tends to use spellings that are more phonetic. Language is for communication so as long as everyone knows whats being said its working.

  8. #7
    Moderator WilliamG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,215
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Andrewm
    Normally I use US spelling (or I spell check using a US dictionary).

    "recognise" and possibly also "poseur" are both words of Latin origin that joined the English language via French. For example, reconairtre, is the French verb to recognise. The British English spelling of words of French origin generally preserves their French spelling while US English tends to use spellings that are more phonetic. Language is for communication so as long as everyone knows whats being said its working.

    It's 'reconaitre' if I recall correctly, but nicely explained.
    2010 SSM STI

  9. #8
    Registered User thechickencow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    West Allis, WI
    Posts
    3,099
    I was pretty sure that the SRT-4's hood scoop is functional.

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    40
    Perhaps I should have used a French spell checker before posting....

  11. #10
    Registered User WRXguy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    135
    Originally posted by thechickencow
    I was pretty sure that the SRT-4's hood scoop is functional.
    Yeah I heard the scoop was functional too, an indirect way for cooling the turbo and allows a quick easy mod to make it Ram-Air
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •