Is this an STI scoop or a regular one?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is this an STI scoop or a regular one? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In the UK where I'm from originally we call the "hood" of a car the "bonnet" so I suppose this ...

Is this an STI scoop or a regular one?

In the UK where I'm from originally we call the "hood" of a car the "bonnet" so I suppose this would be an example of getting "bees in your bonnet". I just thought it was a cool picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cj_17902.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha I like that "bees in your bonnet"
    I think it's a regular non STi "bonnet scoop"

Must have fish & chips for lunch mmmm fish & chips.

There was an SRT4 parked next to the WRX and the bees didn't even touch it. Perhaps they can recognise a poseur car with a non-functional hood scoop.......

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Andrewm
    There was an SRT4 parked next to the WRX and the bees didn't even touch it. Perhaps they can recognise a poseur car with a non-functional hood scoop.......
    2010 SSM STI

recognise a poseur
    The english language is so crazy.
    I would have written recognize a poser.
    I think it's funny when they add an e in the wrong spot to sound classy like "centre" or "shoppe".
    Is that the normal way they're spelled in the UK?

Normally I use US spelling (or I spell check using a US dictionary).

"recognise" and possibly also "poseur" are both words of Latin origin that joined the English language via French. For example, reconairtre, is the French verb to recognise. The British English spelling of words of French origin generally preserves their French spelling while US English tends to use spellings that are more phonetic. Language is for communication so as long as everyone knows whats being said its working.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Andrewm
    Normally I use US spelling (or I spell check using a US dictionary).

"recognise" and possibly also "poseur" are both words of Latin origin that joined the English language via French. For example, reconairtre, is the French verb to recognise. The British English spelling of words of French origin generally preserves their French spelling while US English tends to use spellings that are more phonetic. Language is for communication so as long as everyone knows whats being said its working.

It's 'reconaitre' if I recall correctly, but nicely explained.
    2010 SSM STI

I was pretty sure that the SRT-4's hood scoop is functional.

Perhaps I should have used a French spell checker before posting....

Originally posted by thechickencow
    I was pretty sure that the SRT-4's hood scoop is functional.
    Yeah I heard the scoop was functional too, an indirect way for cooling the turbo and allows a quick easy mod to make it Ram-Air
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.