EVO8 Deaker Markup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO8 Deaker Markup within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dunno if this is real or not, but no way in hell are EVO 8's worth 50 G's. Look to ...

EVO8 Deaker Markup

Dunno if this is real or not, but no way in hell are EVO 8's worth 50 G's. Look to the far right of the sticker.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That dealership should be put out of business if they are asking for a 20K markup on a 30K car. Thats a 66% increase! A 20K markup on a 150K car would be a whole different story. This is just plain re-cock-ulous!

edit: as a side note these only come in 5 spd manuals? If I read that right this one is a 5sp...
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

50g, I hope nobody is dumb enough to pay that.
    For 50g, give me a M3.

cnk
    If I were a buyer, I would report this dealer to Mitsubishi as I don't think that a $20k markup is justifiable. Even when the Honda S2000 came out, the biggest markup I saw was $10k. . .but $20k. . that's just outrageous.

Calvin

i sure as hell hope thats not true
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I was talking w/ a friend who looked into pricing...He said Mitsu is making as many as ordered, so there should be no shortage.

But there's always a premium to get the first one on the block...people will pay whatever....remember Tickle Me Elmo? $1000 for a $10 toy...whatever!

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Hey what happened to my post?

That's pricey!

Hey what happened to my post?
    Nevermind I'm seeing double.

Mods: can we merge these two threads?

50g, I hope nobody is dumb enough to pay that.
    Damn right man. $50k for a $30k Mitsubishi is absurd. That's M3/Z06 territory.

That window sticker had better be a joke.

Notice the options....Large Carbon Fiber Spoiler for well under a $1000, seems like a good deal.

+$20K is not a good deal!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

IF that is real i think they just jacked it up to bring people "down" to where they are still making a killing around 40k maybe? at 50k, the people that were looking at it cant afford it porbably, and at 50 there are many other cars to be bought instead. What about the people that pre ordered? whats the deal on that? do they have to deal with dealer mark up or was their price already set?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

For $50K, you could buy a WRX, SRT 4, Talon and a camera, make some videos and be an internet star.

50g, I hope nobody is dumb enough to pay that. For 50g, give me a M3.
    I remember when the new M3's first came out. I went to the dealership and asked them what their dealer 'markup' was going to be on them once they hit the showrooms. I was told by the BMW dealer (in Bay Area:automall pkwy) that they had NO markup. I was like "REALLY!". He said, "nope, no markup, we're selling them to the HIGHEST BIDDER" !!!!! WTF!!!

I can only imagine what the first few of those cars went for here in the Bay Area where it seems everyone but me is rich...

But 20K for a 30K car? Hell NO!

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

ah yes... and I'm getting my STi for only $1,000 over dealer invoice.
    2004 STi

I went to Santa Monica Mistu..... $59k is what this guy told me. All because they only had 2 in. I think the Evo is kool, but there is no way in hell I would pay anywhere near 59 for it. That much money I'd call up MotoRex and get myself a Skyline

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast