Just go an e-mail from local Dodge dealer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just go an e-mail from local Dodge dealer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got a call from local Dodge dealer saying they have 6 SRT-4's. Had to tell him the bad news ...

Just got an e-mail from local Dodge dealer

Just got a call from local Dodge dealer saying they have 6 SRT-4's. Had to tell him the bad news that I got me a WRX. Bad news for him I guess. Besides, I wouldn't pay that much for a Dodge and not even include at least a limited slip. My Sentra at $15000 had a limited slip and cruise control, why not a $23000 car? I think he was a little disappointed, he didn't write back...
    Last edited by driverj; 03-06-2003 at 10:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmmm, I was just asking my father tonight when they were getting SRT-4's in... I want to go drive one. He said they can't even order them yet... If they have 6 in the Bay Area... I'm curious why he says they can't even order them yet.. I'm less than 100 miles south... assuming you mean the San Francisco Bay Area... odd.. but wouldn't be the first time my father was dead wrong

Did they say they actually had them on the lot, or were they just trying to get you to come in and order one based on what they have on the way? Car dealers are infamous for doing this on new models.. keeps them hard to get

Driverj, are you refering to Concord Dodge. If so they have a 3,000 dollar mark-up What are they thinkng? LoL when they told me that I just finished my test drive and walked off the lot.

Uhhhhhh........in Van Nuys at Big Valley Subaru/Dodge, they have at least 3 SR-T 4's. I saw them on the lot yesterday. And down the street at the Mitsubishi dealer they have 1 red EVO in front......
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Hmmmm, I was just asking my father tonight when they were getting SRT-4's in... I want to go drive one. He said they can't even order them yet... If they have 6 in the Bay Area... I'm curious why he says they can't even order them yet.. I'm less than 100 miles south... assuming you mean the San Francisco Bay Area... odd.. but wouldn't be the first time my father was dead wrong

Did they say they actually had them on the lot, or were they just trying to get you to come in and order one based on what they have on the way? Car dealers are infamous for doing this on new models.. keeps them hard to get
    This was from Serramonte Dodge. Big store. He did say they had it. Silver, Red and I think Blue was available. I would go thru the internet with these guys to get a deal. Their internet manager seems to give the lowest prices. Good luck.

I don't think offer a blue in the SRT-4. Silver, Red, Black, and Yellow. We're still waiting for ours here in North Carolina.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

A friend of mine that called me last week to tell me he was probably one of the first people (in the Bay Area) to test drive the SRT-4. Saramonte Dodge called and said they had received their first shipment of them, and had the Black one he wanted. He went down and drove it around that day and said it was pretty nice...and FAST! At that time, he was told that they were the only dealer in the Bay Area that had gotten their shipment in so far.

He said he didn't have the money to buy it (lost his job) so he turned it down. He said they had it sold by 9am that same morning to someone else! Those thing are gonna be snatched up pretty quick I think. Saramonte was marking them up $5000 over MSRP while he was there.

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

If I were to get one of these things I would wait till next year. It would probably get the limited slip. $5000 over, that is a sin

my dealer i work at valley dodge has 15 srt 4s.I have driven everyone of them given the fact that i am a tech and i had the joy of doing a pdi on them and getting payed one hour to do 15 min worth of work (30 min for extended sports car fun) but let me say a few things about the car i own a wrx and would have bought this neon if i didnt have enough for my wrx its cheap the rear windows like all neons has a crank the seats push in on my shoulders the shifter is sloppy and it handles like crap,and the rear wing makes lane changes scary.but all in all its not to bad but it is no wrx by a long shot .my dealer has a $3000 markup making it 23456 i paid 23769 for my wrx because my daeler also sales subaruswhat luck but i could hav got the neon for 17000 but this comes from a dodge tech dodges suck except for trucks and vipers

Hmmm, interesting.. I wonder when they will have them here in Watsonville so I can go toss one around a few corners?

Where is valley dodge? City? State?

Not that I'll go there to drive one.. I'll wait till I can do it here.. I know where I have a few good roads, and being that my Dad works there, they just hand me the keys and say have fun

Valley Dodge is in Van Nuys, California next to the Van Nuys courthouse. We've sold 5 so far, even with the mark-up. Where do you live in California?

I believe you made the right choice
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

Originally posted by wrxtrme
    Valley Dodge is in Van Nuys, California next to the Van Nuys courthouse. We've sold 5 so far, even with the mark-up. Where do you live in California?
    You guys are right down the street from me....is that your silver WRX with dark rims I see in front of the place all the time?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by wrxtrme
    Where do you live in California?
    Watsonville, Montery Bay Area. The 'arm-pit' of California HAHA

no the one in front belongs to bob the lease manager his is pretty fast for an auto it has esx stage one for an auto that means 3 inch turbo back and cold air intake my car is also silver and i have katana cp-10s 17 by 7 in gun metal i have other mods but thats all you can see by looking at it.come in and see me some time my name is Frank and if you ask for me at the sevice drive they will page me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast