Older 2.5L Rs turbo Impreza??? not sure WTF

This is a discussion on Older 2.5L Rs turbo Impreza??? not sure WTF within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im new to the subie thing so im not sure what this was or what it is capable of but ...

Older 2.5L Rs turbo Impreza??? not sure WTF

im new to the subie thing so im not sure what this was or what it is capable of but there was this guy to day on the road in heavy traffic reving and punching the gas at me wanting to race....im thinking to myself where to you want to race??? 5 feet to the bumper infront of us??? anyway the car was a older lookn sub like an impreza model just before the WRXs....it said something like 2.5L Rs and it had a hood scoop like the WRX but to the side of the scoops there were looger (spelling) or small fins.... it seemed perdy fast from what little i saw.... does anyone have any info on this model??? iv never seen it before but to all of you its prob common

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did it look anything like this?

In Australia, thats what the older style WRXs looked like before the bug-eye model got released.

In the picture, you're actually looking at an STi.

By the way, a stock MY99 WRX is quicker than a bug-eye WRX, due to the many extra kilos the buy-eye WRX gained.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti_2.jpg  
    Last edited by Aust-WRX; 03-06-2003 at 05:00 AM.
    Its all about "Love and Respect"

There are some folks running around with 1998-2001 2.5RS turbos. There are a coupla options:

turbo kit on 2.5
    2.2 or 2.0 engine swap

I had a turbo 99 2.5RS. If the kit/conversion is done correctly, you could very well be looking at some GC8 (old body code) tail lights during a race. Have fun.

yeah thats it in the pic.... sounds like that thing should be hella fast.. anyone have numbers on them

ummm from your description it sounds like you just saw a regular 2.5 RS.....not fast.

usually they put 2.5 RS-T if its turbo.
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    im new in here, I am AbACUZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by AbACUZ
    No where, is my style diferent, yes, I am AbACUZ.

Wink

I left mine completely stock-looking. You could only tell by peeking in the hood scoop to see the intercooler. The looks on peoples' faces were priceless when I pulled by them while the car was emitting the appropriate turbo noises (BOV, turbo whine).

If SOA would have brought the GC8 with the EJ20t over here, I would have one. I love the old body style.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 03-06-2003 at 04:38 PM.