Overtaker left in the dust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Overtaker left in the dust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm coming home last night from my high school soccer game on a two lane road, doing a respectable 5-10 ...

Overtaker left in the dust

I'm coming home last night from my high school soccer game on a two lane road, doing a respectable 5-10 over. All of a sudden I see a car flying up behind me and riding my tail so close i can't see his lights. So I get annoyed and slow down from 55 to 30 and wait for the guys reaction. He swerves out when the coast is clear and floors it. As he pulls up next to me I drop it into 2nd and just floor it, redlining and shifting to third and easing off leaving him sitting there on the wrong side of the road wondering what in the heck happened right then. He looked pretty mad when he got behind me at the next lights, so I took some back roads home to avoid him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think I'd be pissed if someone did that to me, too.

some people are crazy, they might follow you home...

(i had some sore loser throwing an egg at me a while back (he missed), after he lost fair and square)

well if somebody just wants by bad enough to ride you that close just pull over and let them by. no sense getting shot or something over a silly thing like that. JMHO.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, I'd be looking to put you in the ditch.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

well if somebody just wants by bad enough to ride you that close just pull over and let them by. no sense getting shot or something over a silly thing like that
    You could do that...but then you dont get to emphasize the fact that his vehivle is way slower than yours is, thus making him far more angry.

Not everything is about someone's car being faster than yours. Perhaps that person had a medical emergency and needed to get to the hospital...

Had something like this happen to me.

I was on the way home from the track, which got rained out BTW "

I came up on a RSX-S a little faster than I thought, so I got off the gas and coasted to to match his speed. I didn't get extremely close but I was in the process of putting a little more distance between us when this guy break checks like a mofo. I slide over into the next lane and pass the guy, ending up in front of him. Good deal...on the way. Apparantly not. The RSX-S rides so close on my tail I can't even see his headlights. I politly slow down a bit by letting off the gas then speed back up to put a little distance to no avail. So I try method #2, downshift and pull away. After I slow back down guy comes up and rides my tail again. Soooo I slide over in the right, RSX-S accelerates hard. About the time he gets even I drop and accelerate. Pass him up and slide back in front before we reach any traffic.
    I mean after all iif he had gotten in front he "might' have brake checked me again

Maybe not the best way to handle it, but it sure was satisfying.
    Totally stock...yep uh huh :P

Originally posted by chevyeater
    no sense getting shot or something over a silly thing like that. JMHO.
    Especially in Atlanta, where it seems like everyone (unfortunately, alot of idiots) is packing heat.
    2006 Porsche Cayman S

WRX
    I just don't understand why people have to turn into the HULK when someone denies them the pass. Just little pee pee syndrome, I guess.

Something similar, but not as severe happened to me just last night. I'm heading to my mom's after my Tae Kwon Do class. Me and the wife were just chillin' listening to tunes. I noticed some guy weaving in and out of traffic behind me and I was like, whatever. But up ahead the light was turning yellow, then red. The guy had a de-badged ford Probe and he and his girl were just GLARING in my direction. I glanced over as if to say WTF, and he drops it in neutral and revs. (automatic) I kind of smirked and thought yeah right, but since he was weaving in and out of traffic, I would give him what for. At the green I didn't actually think he would go, so I just started slowly. Well, he did go. Got about a bumper lead on me until the turbo spooled and I was gone. No big deal, right. WRONG. At the next intersection, this genius Probe owner decides to try and run the red light. If he did, there would've been a really bad accident. So he ends up stopping about 2 carlengths in front of the white stripe. What a fool. At the light I just go and leave him faaar behind so I wouldn't have to deal with that kind of bullsh!t again. Now by this time you would've thought that he gave up, but nooooo, this brilliant guy weaves through just to get behind me. But he did nothing. He didn't tailgate, didn't try to fly by, flash his brights, nothing. I was only going 2-5 over, so he could've easily passed if he wanted to. If I made a lane change, he made a lane change. By the time I got to my turn, I was getting a little annoyed. If he turned with me, I would've stopped and gave him a beat down. But when I turned, he just kept going straight. I just don't understand that. (sorry for being so long winded)
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by AustinTX
    Not everything is about someone's car being faster than yours. Perhaps that person had a medical emergency and needed to get to the hospital...
    But if this was the case why would they come flying up and ride his ass?
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

That's the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard.
    '90 MTX White Taurus SHO
    Soon to be installed:
    Cold Air Induction Snorkel
    80mm Pro Flow MAF
    69mm Throttle Body
    Hand Ported and Polished Intake Runners
    40mm Big bore butterflies
    Hi-Flow Y-pipe w/cats
    Lifetime Performance Module

"I just wish someone would call me 'sir'... without adding 'you're making a scene'". -Homer Simpson

i found it well done... btw SUPER quote on the homer SHO

In NJ anyway you are legally bound to yield to cars passing you one a two lane road (ie one lane going in each way). This prevents you from blocking them out and causing an accident. If they look like they are being an ass thats one thing, but sometimes they might actually be in a hurry or emergency. A civic w/ fart can tried this to me until a distance of 12 cars after a 2nd gear downshift and pull made him realize what he was dealing with.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Kinda similar-

Was tooling down a 5 laner, noticed the light was red, applied the brakes. I saw that the cross road light had switched to yellow, so I figured I'd time the light so I would not have to come to a total stop. There was a red Cherokee in the far right lane(the lane I prefer WHEN NOT PASSING ). So I slowly closed the gap, prolly 3-5 car lengths as the light changed, Cherokee pulled away, and I kept momentum. NEVER closer than 3 car lengths, and when I was that close I was doing maybe 15 mph.

The Cherokee accelerated faster than the car in the left lane, so when I had plenty of room, I signaled and got in the left lane, and proceded to pass the Cherokee, no big deal...normal traffic pattern. No high-rev, no nothing....just a normal way to drive...right?

Apparently not, cuz the next time I glanced in my rear-view, all I saw was chrome grill. The guy musta been 3 inches off my bumper. I was like WTF?!?! So I signaled and moved over to the right lane, thinking the guy in the Cherokee wanted the fast lane all to himself. Look in mirror again, same story, big grill. Ack! So I signaled and shifted lanes again. Idiot glued to my bumper. So I shifted to 2nd(round about 40 or so at this point) and goosed it. Put some distance on him, he comes roaring up beside me, window down, finger up. Yelling god knows what. So I nailed the brakes, he goes whoosing by me.

I'm wondering what the hell I did to piss this guy off. He now gets in the MIDDLE of the two north bound lanes and hammers his brakes. I nail mine, then think better of that, as many cars were behind me. I'm starting to get nervous at this point. So I went around him in the turn lane quite quickly and wondered what to do next. I saw the light up ahead and prayed it was near changing. Luck was with me and I clipped the light right as it went red. I had 10-15 cars on him. I was going 65-70 at this point, and was certain he'd stop for the light.

Nope, he blew the light and I could see that I was a target at this point. Well, being throughly scared at this point I dropped the hammer and the last time I looked down at the speedo, it was well past 100mph. Drove to the police sub-station and sat in the parking lot, watched him go whizzing by.

Very odd encounter, seeing as how I did nothing even slightly aggressive or "un"normal in typical traffic flow.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.