Overtaker left in the dust - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Overtaker left in the dust within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; damnz brembo you guys got some crazy mofo's...glad to hear you got out of it I would have probably taken ...

damnz brembo you guys got some crazy mofo's...glad to hear you got out of it I would have probably taken off a lot earlier than that.

Same w/ feng...after about 3 car lengths (depending how far i could see) i would have just dropped it and taken off

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Naw the guy was definately trying to just be an a$$. First of all we were heading in the opposite direction of any hospital anywhere. Secondly, he had been slowing down and flooring it to try to make me go faster until we got to where he could pass. I also made sure there wasn't any traffic at all, we were the only two cars on the road. I could have been more responsible, but like somebody said earlier, it was satisfying

I actually had a kid pull a gun on me once.

I own a 1978 Toyota Landcruiser
    Here are my mods:
    31" tires, rebuilt carb, passenger seat removal mod, fire extinguisher, drum brakes
    Bratty neighbor kid owns a 2001 Huffy 12 speed. Here are his mods:
    Custom bell(very ricey), wheel powered head light, Ace of Hearts in spokes. Basically all show and no go.

Here's how it all went down... I pull out of the driveway not even wanting to race. The little jerk is on the sidewalk pretending to check his tire pressure when all of the sudden he jumps on it, releases his kick stand and takes off. He pulls about 2 bike lengths ahead of me before I punch it right out of 2nd gear and shift into 3rd when I hit 15mph. I start to catch him as I pass 25mph and get a good 4 bike lengths ahead. I slow down and let him catch up and he just flies by ringing his bell triumphantly. LOL, he actually thought he won. Then the kid pulls in front of me waving his cap gun at me. I slam on my brakes and he proceeds to fire off his full clip right at my head! Some kids are just crazy. Anyway, we still argue about who won that race.

Originally posted by 78StockLC
    I actually had a kid pull a gun on me once.

I own a 1978 Toyota Landcruiser
    Here are my mods:
    31" tires, rebuilt carb, passenger seat removal mod, fire extinguisher, drum brakes
    Bratty neighbor kid owns a 2001 Huffy 12 speed. Here are his mods:
    Custom bell(very ricey), wheel powered head light, Ace of Hearts in spokes. Basically all show and no go.

Here's how it all went down... I pull out of the driveway not even wanting to race. The little jerk is on the sidewalk pretending to check his tire pressure when all of the sudden he jumps on it, releases his kick stand and takes off. He pulls about 2 bike lengths ahead of me before I punch it right out of 2nd gear and shift into 3rd when I hit 15mph. I start to catch him as I pass 25mph and get a good 4 bike lengths ahead. I slow down and let him catch up and he just flies by ringing his bell triumphantly. LOL, he actually thought he won. Then the kid pulls in front of me waving his cap gun at me. I slam on my brakes and he proceeds to fire off his full clip right at my head! Some kids are just crazy. Anyway, we still argue about who won that race.
    Cute.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

WRX
    hehehe. That was silly. I wanna see what 31" tires look like!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

here are 44's wouldn't mind a wrx on some of these...granted i had much more power and new gears and drivetrain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test.bmp  
    lambosv21

Originally posted by WRX
    hehehe. That was silly. I wanna see what 31" tires look like!
    Yes it was silly. I was a little tipsy last night. But, I do have 31" tires. When you talk about 4x4 tire size you always state the diameter from the outside of the tire. 31" tires are not actually that big.

Originally posted by brembo
    Kinda similar-

Was tooling down a 5 laner, noticed the light was red, applied the brakes. I saw that the cross road light had switched to yellow, so I figured I'd time the light so I would not have to come to a total stop. There was a red Cherokee in the far right lane(the lane I prefer WHEN NOT PASSING ). So I slowly closed the gap, prolly 3-5 car lengths as the light changed, Cherokee pulled away, and I kept momentum. NEVER closer than 3 car lengths, and when I was that close I was doing maybe 15 mph.

The Cherokee accelerated faster than the car in the left lane, so when I had plenty of room, I signaled and got in the left lane, and proceded to pass the Cherokee, no big deal...normal traffic pattern. No high-rev, no nothing....just a normal way to drive...right?

Apparently not, cuz the next time I glanced in my rear-view, all I saw was chrome grill. The guy musta been 3 inches off my bumper. I was like WTF?!?! So I signaled and moved over to the right lane, thinking the guy in the Cherokee wanted the fast lane all to himself. Look in mirror again, same story, big grill. Ack! So I signaled and shifted lanes again. Idiot glued to my bumper. So I shifted to 2nd(round about 40 or so at this point) and goosed it. Put some distance on him, he comes roaring up beside me, window down, finger up. Yelling god knows what. So I nailed the brakes, he goes whoosing by me.

I'm wondering what the hell I did to piss this guy off. He now gets in the MIDDLE of the two north bound lanes and hammers his brakes. I nail mine, then think better of that, as many cars were behind me. I'm starting to get nervous at this point. So I went around him in the turn lane quite quickly and wondered what to do next. I saw the light up ahead and prayed it was near changing. Luck was with me and I clipped the light right as it went red. I had 10-15 cars on him. I was going 65-70 at this point, and was certain he'd stop for the light.

Nope, he blew the light and I could see that I was a target at this point. Well, being throughly scared at this point I dropped the hammer and the last time I looked down at the speedo, it was well past 100mph. Drove to the police sub-station and sat in the parking lot, watched him go whizzing by.

Very odd encounter, seeing as how I did nothing even slightly aggressive or "un"normal in typical traffic flow.
    Note to self. Do not move to NC.

I brake check. Not on the highway though, <50 mph. There is a lot of traffic where I live, so there are a lot of weavers. One gets on my ass, I rev match through the gears to 2nd. Gives a little warning to those in the know. Wait to see if he is still on my ass and wham! Left foot on the brake and quick back on the gas. 2nd gear has ungodly pull at 6000 rpm. It's not enough to make the guy swerve into the other lane, just gives him an idea. They usually back off then. If not I just let em pass, nothing I do will make them get it, and I don't want to be on the recieving end of his bad driving.

Don't weave through traffic.

Use your signal.

Don't block the box.

Don't cut straight from a turn lane.

Keep in the right lane, pass on the left.

Don't tailgate.

A good driver is a smooth driver, even in racing.
    - Capt Crunch

Originally posted by Capt Crunch

Don't block the box.

Capt,

I am not familiar with the term. What does this mean? This will be my lesson for the day.

Originally posted by driverj
    Capt,

I am not familiar with the term. What does this mean? This will be my lesson for the day.
    It's when you have a green light but there is traffic ahead of you and you don't have space on the other side of the intersection. If you're an idiot, you pull into the intersection anyway. The cars in front of you stay there, and the green light goes to the other direction of traffic. And they can't pass through the intersection because you're in the way.

Instead, you wait until you have space, and if the light is green, go for it.
    - Capt Crunch

Originally posted by Capt Crunch
    It's when you have a green light but there is traffic ahead of you and you don't have space on the other side of the intersection. If you're an idiot, you pull into the intersection anyway. The cars in front of you stay there, and the green light goes to the other direction of traffic. And they can't pass through the intersection because you're in the way.

Instead, you wait until you have space, and if the light is green, go for it.
    Good. I am not a box blocker. Although, I hate it when people honk because you wait for it to clear. Thanks!

Originally posted by driverj
    Good. I am not a box blocker. Although, I hate it when people honk because you wait for it to clear. Thanks!
    Hehe, yeah some people don't get it and honk. If I'm feeling extra pissed I'll stick the car in reverse so the back up lights come on. Just to mess with their heads.
    - Capt Crunch

ok here is my little story.

a while back i cut someone off in traffic. it was an honest mistake as i never saw the guy. used my blinker checked my mirrors and even glanced over my shoulder before changing lanes. immediately after changing lanes i realzed what i had done as there was now a honking, high beam flashing, cursing, finger waving lunatic 2 inches off my bumper.

cop saw the whole thing. he immediately put on his lights and siren. i thought "great now i'm getting cursed at and a ticket" but the cop pulled over the psycho instead of me. why? the police have figured out it is not a good idea to pick a fight while operating a 3000lb+ lethal weapon. it is actually a pretty serious crime in NY. alot more so than any moving violation. i guess what i'm trying to sat is don't start anything you are not willing to finish (as in KILL).

just my two cents but think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12