Me vs. Mustang GT w/ Blower
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. Mustang GT w/ Blower within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pulled up to a light today and a Older model mustang GT (the one before the new one, it ...

Me vs. Mustang GT w/ Blower

I pulled up to a light today and a Older model mustang GT (the one before the new one, it was a 4.6L) was next to me. I gave it the rev and he did to. When the light turned green I tore off leaving him by like 2 car lengths. He said he burned out and wanted to go from a roll. We went from a roll and I was in 1st gear at 5,500 RPM which isnt good at all. He punched it and got a car legth on me but I stayed about a car back and he wasnt pulling all the way through 3rd gear. We then raced one more time from a stop and we had somone count down for us and the results were similar to the first race , I beat him by about 1.5-2 car lengths through 3rd. We stoped and talked and he said he was running 8psi of boost, his supercahrger wine was very quite, he was running a centrifugal (vortec I think he said), plus exhaust, and other misc. mods I am assuming that go along with a supercharger kit.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool...what mods do you have to your WRX?
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

yeah what mods do you have?
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

im surprised u didnt beat him more from a stop...

yet, im surprised he didnt keep pulling from a roll once you fall a car behind....

I have the Vishnu Stage 1. He said the best 1/4 mile he netted was a 13.8 at 102, I thought that was weak for what he had done, I ran a 13.5 with just the VS0.
    Sold: 2002 WRX
    w/VS0 best of 13.5 at 97.5

New: 2003 Silverado

cool race
    03 Cobra Satin Silver
    kenne bell sc

Those sound like weak times for a blown Mustang V8. I thought they were around 14 flat stock. Maybe it was the old 225 HP 4.6L. I still think he should be a 13 flat with a vortec.

Oh well, you wipped him.

My friends Stage0 (chip and filter) is quite peppy and more so than stock.

Man am I DYING to race a Stage 1,2,3,4 WRX... I think I can take them but I just want to see if I can hang off the line. I figure if I dont blow a hole in my panty sheild and spin all over the place I have a great chance of slaughter... The Stage 3 and 4 would probably be the trickiest....
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Good kill,

I totally believe your story because I know a guy with a Mustang GT that has a Vortec Supercharger on it. I always beat him when we race. We are pretty close in speed top end around 100mph + but in a 1/4 mile race 0-100mph or so I pull on him pretty hard and always get a several cars on him.

Again good kill

Man am I DYING to race a Stage 1,2,3,4 WRX... I think I can take them but I just want to see if I can hang off the line. I figure if I dont blow a hole in my panty sheild and spin all over the place I have a great chance of slaughter... The Stage 3 and 4 would probably be the trickiest....
    Who's stages are you talking about? They are Wildly Different from the tuners.

TurboXS Stg. I ~ Vishnu Stg. Sub-0
    TurboXS Stg. II ~ Vishnu Stg. 0
    TXS Stg. III ~ Vishnu Stg. 1
    TXS Stg. IV ~ Vishnu Stg. 2
    TXS Stg. IV w/ Intercooler (less power than) ~ Vishnu Stg. 3 (coming...I hope)

They go about making power a little differently, but I think these are an acurate guess as to the relation between the TXS stages and the Vishnu Stages. I have Vishnu 1, so I'm not as familiar with TXS's, and don't want to knock them.

If you raced a TurboXS stage III, you'd probably win. If you race Vishnu's stage III when Shiv's done with it... You won't have a chance! (Trust me, I've seen it!!!)

I think TurboXS changes turbo's at their stage III. While Vishnu changes turbo's on their Stage II. I've seen dyno's of Vishnu stage II cars puttin out over 320HP to the wheels! I can't wait to see what the Stage III dyno's at.

-Jason
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

03, wonder if you'll win? If its a 1/4 mile yer gonna eat just about any streetable WRX out there. Red light race....60-70 mph shutdown, a TXS 4, or Vishnu 2 *might* give ya a run. The little 2.0 does not fare well against that supercharged beast of yours. About all a WRX could hope for is a blown launch on your part, our rides are kinda simple to get off the line in a hurry. Slip clutch and hope the tranny does not grenade. You on the other hand have a serious chance of turning yer tires into big smoking goo-balls. DR's on yers, and its NO CHANCE for the Rex.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Yeah pretty much what Brembo said. Vishnu Stage 2 / TXS Stg. 4 are running the 1/4 at maybe 12.5 on average ?? or around there. But stop light racing, I would watch out since you got a lot of power to those wheels. Without DR's *spin*.
    04 SVT Lightning

96-98 4.6L mustangs were the slowest v8 mustangs.
    97 VW GTI VR6 Vortech 10psi--SOLD
    03 Platnium Silver WRX Stage4+ - SOLD
    05 Crystal Grey STi

Originally posted by jmussetter
    Who's stages are you talking about? They are Wildly Different from the tuners.

TurboXS Stg. I ~ Vishnu Stg. Sub-0
    TurboXS Stg. II ~ Vishnu Stg. 0
    TXS Stg. III ~ Vishnu Stg. 1
    TXS Stg. IV ~ Vishnu Stg. 2
    TXS Stg. IV w/ Intercooler (less power than) ~ Vishnu Stg. 3 (coming...I hope)

They go about making power a little differently, but I think these are an acurate guess as to the relation between the TXS stages and the Vishnu Stages. I have Vishnu 1, so I'm not as familiar with TXS's, and don't want to knock them.

If you raced a TurboXS stage III, you'd probably win. If you race Vishnu's stage III when Shiv's done with it... You won't have a chance! (Trust me, I've seen it!!!)

I think TurboXS changes turbo's at their stage III. While Vishnu changes turbo's on their Stage II. I've seen dyno's of Vishnu stage II cars puttin out over 320HP to the wheels! I can't wait to see what the Stage III dyno's at.

-Jason

If you race Vishnu's stage III when Shiv's done with it... You won't have a chance! (Trust me, I've seen it!!!)

I believe you. I have no idea what times that car does. Me, I am:

On street tires
    1.89 60' best
    7.8 1/8th @ 93/94 MPH
    12.0 @ 118 1/4

On slicks most guys with my mods are running around a 11.5 @ 119/120.

So yes, if that Vishnu Stage 4 will beat a 11.5 ish at 119+ MPH... Then I would get killed.

On the street I would prolly get slaughtered. BUT, you never know.... I have not lost to anything yet.... Hehehe.... Its coming though... And I want to meet the 4 cyl that takes me, cause thats gonna be one NASTY fast car! My 03 scares me some times. I have not done anything else to it cause its fast enough for moi...

Maybe I will run into a WRX at the track some day.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

03 Cobra -

Chances are, your loss (if it comes) will come from a DSM rather than a WRX. Theres some Eclipses and Talons running 11's around where I live, I've seen them at the track. WRX's just havent been around long enough yet, give them a few years and they'll have a number of kits that put them into the 11's. As it is, like has been said before, your beastly numbers are going to prove too much for most streetable WRX's.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

You're right about those Talons. I have seen some pretty fast ones.

"Speed costs money. How fast do you want do go?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.