I drove in an SRT4.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I drove in an SRT4. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Abuddy of minerecently told me "Dude tommorow i might be getting a SRT4" I figured, hes probobly BSing me. So ...

I drove in an SRT4.

Abuddy of minerecently told me "Dude tommorow i might be getting a SRT4" I figured, hes probobly BSing me. So the next day Dustin comes knocking on my door, exlaiming "Dude, I got the car" So i went outside to check it out. I must say, for a neon its a very attractive car! The best part is that it has no "NEON" emblem anywhere on the car. So we went for a ride, and the Interior was also very impressive, including a stock boost gauge by Autometer and seats that fell very similar to the seats the viper comes with. The car felt very similar to a stock WRX. The first gear in the SRT4 didnt pull nearly hard as the stock WRX, so the turbo lag was much less prominent in 1st. 2nd and third on the other hand, pulled like a MO FO all the way through each gear. All in all the car is nice.....but.....The idea of making one of the worst rated crash test cars in the world as fast as an SRT4 makes me very nervous. heres some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails srt4-2.jpg  
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

"Faith, its not something that I grasp, its something that I fake, as im slipping as im falling through the cracks. Faith, without actions is a mask,as im slipping as im falling through the cracks"
    -Thrice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

another....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails srt4.jpg  
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

"Faith, its not something that I grasp, its something that I fake, as im slipping as im falling through the cracks. Faith, without actions is a mask,as im slipping as im falling through the cracks"
    -Thrice

That car is alright, really not THAT ugly, and i don't mind it being a neon (i guess...). I respect it, but i like my rex.

Yeah I got some respect for it...they definitely look pretty badass if you ask me. Lower that baby and she'll be mean.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Those cars are definitely sweet cars. IMO, very good competition for a WRX. WRX i feel looks a little nicer, although the SRT-4 looks more aggressive. You'll definitely get more people wanting to race you in that car than in a WRX. Both have their plusses and minuses.
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

GREAT nice car i wish i could get me one. btw what size is srt-4 stock rims? looks 17"

Yeah they're 17" stock, Dodge wanted to go for the "aftermarket look"
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

Thumbs up

NICE
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Anybody else driven one? And what did you think?
    Too bad I couldn't afford a WRX, but life goes on........hopefully......

I test drove one today, and in all honesty it blew away all my expectations and for under 20 grand it is pretty incredible

I think they are nice cars and I'm glad to see them. The only drawback I see is safety. Fast or not, the WRX is a very safe car.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Thanks for the pics and "review". I think it looks pretty good myself, but that's me. I do like the red calipers. I do think the car looks more aggresive overall than a WRX (speaking about stock cars, of course). Kudos to you friend. Oh, and tell to be careful; wouldn't want him in an accident now would we?
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Those rims are 17 x 6". You'd think they would've gone with wider wheels, but that costs more and it might have put them over $20k MSRP

I'll take that SVT in the back though

are they all 4 doors or can u get a 2 dr as well ???
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

Originally posted by racerWRX
    are they all 4 doors or can u get a 2 dr as well ???

maybe next year...all 4 for now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.