I drove in an SRT4. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I drove in an SRT4. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by snowcat I think they are nice cars and I'm glad to see them. The only drawback I ...

Originally posted by snowcat
    I think they are nice cars and I'm glad to see them. The only drawback I see is safety. Fast or not, the WRX is a very safe car.

-snowcat

looks like the srt-4 has four stars driver, four stars passenger while the wrx got four stars driver, five stars passenger in frontal.
    not too bad.
    i did just get to see a brand new wrx wagon hit pretty hard on the passenger side, and it held up quite well.
    the safety is one of the reasons i was happy to move from a neon to a wrx, but i've seen some badly wrecked neons and they hold up OK for the most part.

there's one thing our cars won't save you from, collision with an SUV. did anyone see the crash tests of cars vs. SUVs after they beefed them up to pass the 5mph bump test? and SUVs always have the *best* drivers. something needs to be done with these things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think they look pretty badass, I can't wait to line up against one. Cool little cars imho.
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Looks much better in the red than it does in the yellow. I still think it looks awful from the side (at least the wheel gap on the WRX is warranted -- gravel driving), but the front view is nice, if not a little too busy, or maybe just a little too Dodge. All in all a nice fast car, just not want I want in a car.

Can you really see Muscle Car guys driving this thing. I see littel spoiled kids who have no idea how to drive and daddy's girls driving this thing. The chance of running into one that can actually drive it fast enough to beat a stock WRX will most likely be slim.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Originally posted by cyrilgrey
    looks like the srt-4 has four stars driver, four stars passenger while the wrx got four stars driver, five stars passenger in frontal.
    not too bad.
    i did just get to see a brand new wrx wagon hit pretty hard on the passenger side, and it held up quite well.
    the safety is one of the reasons i was happy to move from a neon to a wrx, but i've seen some badly wrecked neons and they hold up OK for the most part.

there's one thing our cars won't save you from, collision with an SUV. did anyone see the crash tests of cars vs. SUVs after they beefed them up to pass the 5mph bump test? and SUVs always have the *best* drivers. something needs to be done with these things.
    http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle%5Fr...html/99007.htm
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

'02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Look at the crash tests WRX vs. Neon

Thanks for the link JTREX. Everyone should also try comparing the crash test results of the neon SRT-4 vs. WRX.

In short, the impreza recieved the top rating in EVERY category. The neon gets marginal overall, with a few poor ratings.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Unless the SRT4 has been drastically upgraded in the safety department, it can't compete with the WRX in safety according to those numbers.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Good find! Everyone has been speculating about quality, here it is in black and white for all to see. I do feel safe
    2003 Black sedan
    TurboXS UTEC Stage 4 FMIC
    STi 6-Speed with R180 rear end
    APS SR50 turbo, UR 785cc Injectors, Perrin Fuel Rails
    12.5 @ 109
    *7/22/04 - Now with 2.5 Sti engine, still in break in so no times*

Couple that with the fact that the average age level and maturity level of the SRT-4 driver will more than likely be much lower than that of the WRX driver and you have a recipe for disaster. Not so sure cheap high HP not so safe cars are the best thing for America's most spoiled generation.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    Couple that with the fact that the average age level and maturity level of the SRT-4 driver will more than likely be much lower than that of the WRX driver and you have a recipe for disaster. Not so sure cheap high HP not so safe cars are the best thing for America's most spoiled generation.

-joe
    My thoughts exactly.

OMG, you guys, no one is trying to convince you to sell your WRX's for SRT-4s. Some of you get so defensive. Now you guys are knocking on it's safety scores .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Hell yes I am, did you see how poor they are???? Do you not care about being safe? I have praised the car where it deserves praise, but I would rather walk away from an accident then have crushed legs.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Originally posted by Shaitiger
    OMG, you guys, no one is trying to convince you to sell your WRX's for SRT-4s. Some of you get so defensive. Now you guys are knocking on it's safety scores .
    Aint knocking $hit. Those are just the facts.
    Drag racing? I like my racing to last longer than the average orgasm...

they should leave out the airbags and make an ejection seat

I could care less about safety ratings. I ride a motorcycle and bicycle in an urban environment. A Justy has more crash protection that I'm used to.

-B

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.