EVO 8 vs. Pole - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on EVO 8 vs. Pole within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by WRXguy3 Ya know it COULD have been one of those poles that block cars from going on ...

Originally posted by WRXguy3
    Ya know it COULD have been one of those poles that block cars from going on certain sidewalks (the short but bulky iron poles) or yeah even the concrete base of a pole, too much bs flags goin around...lol I doubt the guy would lie by saying he ran into a pole, that's pretty embarrassing.
    I agree. What's with all the flag raising. If it were the American flag for patriotism, that'd be fine, but come on guys.

For all we know the frames bent, but you can't tell that from the pic. Lighten up a little...
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I'd done something like that test driving a car, I'd just say... "I like it. I'll take the red one."

For all we know the frames bent, but you can't tell that from the pic. Lighten up a little...
    O.K. will do no problem.

Maybe I should have made a comment about this instead?
    The guy must suck at driving, its a rally car, and he wrecked it cause he hit some gravel."

I bet this wouldn't have happened if it was an Sti

Under qualified over confident driver = Destruction every time.

Maybe the sales guy told him the same thing I was told when I took my WRX for a test drive. " Don't be afraid to drop the hammer , this thing has AWD , there is no way it will slip out in a corner " The things they say to make a sale

Guys come on, use your heads

That damage could EASILY have come from a telephone pole.
    he was going 90 WHEN HE SPUN, not WHEN HE HIT THE POLL
    The car was OBVIOUSLY coming to a stop anyway, it would have slid about another 2-3 inches without that pole there.
    FYI if he hit it at 30, the car would be U shaped. Have any of you ever seen what broadside into a pole at even 20 looks like? I have, and its not ANYTHING like that.

And NO he was under NO obligation to buy the car. Even if it was totaled, dealerships have insurance to cover accidents during test drives. He could very easily said, ok Ill take that red one, or just been like "hmm maybe too much car for me, no thanks..." then walked.

I Support ClubWRX
    Finally a voice of reason!

Yep, the car was traveling at most 5mph when it hit the pole. Ever see a 4x4 that took a gentle little roll into a tree?

And yeah, maybe he bought another one but he probably just walked. Ever notice how they don't ask for a credit check or proof of insurance when you test drive a car?
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.