WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So me and nick are cruising back from the hawthorn mall again, and this time we see what looks to ...

WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4

So me and nick are cruising back from the hawthorn mall again, and this time we see what looks to be a VR-4 rolling down the highway. I get a little closer and we see the VR-4 wheels, the VR-4 spoiler and then the VR-4 Badge, Yep its a VR-4. So i give him a little BOV action, drop it into third and blast forward, slow down a little and see if he wants to go. He does, he count's to three and floors it. I stay dead even through third gear, and start to pull a little on him. then we go again and i'm in fourth gear. he pulls about a fender length in front of me since i'm in fourth and i stay right there until we hit 120 mph and we have to slow down for traffic.

i guess those VR-4's aren't so bad-a$$ on the highway. they do look pretty good though
    Last edited by 02WRX82; 03-20-2003 at 07:37 AM.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kill man. Yeah those VR4s are pretty heavy, especially the spyders if you ever run into one of those. They weigh like 4100 lbs.
    03 nissan sentra se-R specV

It all depends on which ones you run into. Mine looks stock and weighs 4035 lbs with me in it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

02WRX82
    what mods? are ya stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

i have an up-pipe, axel back exhaust and a boost controller
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

must have been a stocker b/c if they got exhaust, and bc since their fades much worst than ours with their teeny turbos they would run 12s high

Uhh...you were modded. And it wasn't exactly a "kill", to whoever said it was. I got creamed by one 1.5 car lengths on the freeway once going 76-120 mph. Those things are fast. Period.

Hey ebr0t -

Thought you might be interested in a smiley I found last night:

John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Originally posted by swipe112
    Uhh...you were modded. And it wasn't exactly a "kill", to whoever said it was. I got creamed by one 1.5 car lengths on the freeway once going 76-120 mph. Those things are fast. Period.
    Sure it was a "kill", that refers to ANY distance you beat a car by, a kills a kill
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

you guy's should read the posts more attentively.
    I said The VR-4 Pulled about a fender on me. I am hardly modded, just a few little items.
    I was expecting to get my rear handed to me. but i kept my front bumper right next to his front wheels.

Originally posted by John M
    Hey ebr0t -

Thought you might be interested in a smiley I found last night:

LMAO thats awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

LMFAO!!!

You raced this guy aaron...
    It was black with the bigass wing right?
    Wanna run another VR-4?

Nice kill!!!

Last edited by boostyle; 03-19-2003 at 07:13 PM.

Originally posted by swipe112
    No they're not!

we talked to aaron and he was suprised with the speed of our little cars. he wasn't expecting josh to hang with him that well
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

LOL. Im sure he didnt expect an SI to land on him either.

Where are you guys from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast