WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 3000GT VR-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll agree with a few folks here.. I think the vr4's are really really fast. Sure it wasn't a SLow? ...

I'll agree with a few folks here.. I think the vr4's are really really fast. Sure it wasn't a SLow?

I just made 3 g-tech passes on a customer's '93 stealth r/t last night (with his permission) & averaged 13.4. This car has stock exhaust with gutted cats, MBC, & 180k!!! miles. This with craptacular Kumho Ecstas.

Since you beat him, thats sweet. I just don't think folks should dismiss these cars. they are badass.

j.p.

*edit for speeling
    Last edited by balkamp; 03-19-2003 at 09:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by balkamp
    I'll agree with a few folks here.. I think the vr4's are really really fast. Sure it wasn't a SLow?

I just made 3 g-tech passes on a customer's '93 stealth r/t last night (with his permission) & averaged 13.4. This car has stock exhaust with gutted cats, MBC, & 180k!!! miles. This with craptacular Kumho Ecstas.

Since you beat him, thats sweet. I just don't think folks should dismiss these cars. they are badass.

j.p.

*edit for speeling
    Nice times. I'm sure you coulda done better with some nice tires and a tune-up.

A friend bought a 93 Stealth twin turbo with 135k miles on it. 2 weeks later with just a MBC it ran 13.2 @ 104. Everything else was stock including the air filter.

I run people from a stop or from a roll - no real preferences.

The Supra's mph advantage was half a mph - not signifigant enough for him to pass me in any reasonable timeframe. Not bad for a car 500 lbs heavier with puny turbos!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Nice 1/8th...real nice.

You get any wheelspin, or just grab and go?
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

Wow... AWESOME times! I guess you can't argue with a twin-turbo 3.0l V6, eh?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I've done more tuning since then - my last 1/8th mile was 7.86 @ 89, backed up by a 7.87 on the next run.

I get a good bit of wheelspin at launch, making 1.80 the "better" of my recent outings. In my DSMs I was always in the low 1.7s. I'll be changing tire width from 245 to 275, either on all 4 or just in the back if it rubs up front.

The car really does weigh 4035 lbs with me in it!

The video that goes with that timeslip is on my website.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I've always been impressed with your times JohnM.

Good job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12