WRX vs. Celica WTF?(long one but good one)

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Celica WTF?(long one but good one) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So let me set up the story. Me and my friend Nick(ellinopedo) were cruising home from the Hawthorn mall in ...

WRX vs. Celica WTF?(long one but good one)

So let me set up the story.
    Me and my friend Nick(ellinopedo) were cruising home from the Hawthorn mall in Vernon Hills on the tollway. I was going about 70 and down to 65 in some places.

anyway, i see this guy in a red celica, he's coming up behind me pretty fast, so i drop it into third and deny the flyby whilst giving him a little BOV action, . I slow down to around 65-70 again and me and nick look over at him and nick smiles at him, like , oh yeah, that's right. He has some stickers on it, i couldn't tell what they were, and he had at least an exhaust. So we both are now rolling at about 60+ mph, and he guns it, so naturally i get on it as well, deny him again, and two more times, the last time, up to about 110 mph.

at this point, i've had my fun and slow back down to 65. He at this point gets a bug up his a$$ to get in front of me, so he does, i could care less.
    Then he Slams on the brakes about 4 feet in front of me! so i go to change lanes in a expedited fashion and he swerves to the same lane so i couldn't get past him. He does this three or four more times.

so i slow down to about 60, and he does tha same right in front of me. I am worried at this point about the danger he might cause so i drop it into third and fake to the right then go left and blast past him, i take it up to about 80 and settle back down into the far right lane in front of some trucks. He passes me and i get back into the middle lane so i can go a little faster and he slams on the brakes again! this time we are going about 70 so i don't have the rpm's to drop it into third and pass him, but i try none the less and he swerves like a maniac into the lanes i try to go to.

Now i'm pissed, he almost ran me off the road a couple of times. So me and nick decide to follow him and see what his problem is and if he needs a little correction in his attitude. He now changes lanes into an exit ramp and starts to go off, we're going like 40 and then he slows a little and at the very last second swerves off, back onto the highway and stops.

Unfortunatly, or fortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, i was already to commited to the turn to get back onto the highway and follow him. I kept going because it looked like he was going to then follow me but he decided to turn back onto the highway.
    Rats, i was looking forward to getting medeival on his buttocks. and there was no way i could have gotten back onto the highway and chased him down, the ramp to get back on was closed for construction.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Apparenly no one tought him how to lose...so it was your job.

Well glad he didn't slam into you, gg what is up with some people these days?? Especially punks that start something, why does it seem that they always lose, and then do some TOTALLY dangerous thing to try and raise their self esteem back up.....man it really IS too bad he got away...guys like that need a good beating to put em in their place....#$@!#
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

crazy,someone over on www.dsmtalk.com posted about a honda pulling these same type of shenanigans on him

Man, that kind of driving is just crazy. There's no call for that!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Dude you started it. He was just trying to pass and you blocked him repeatedly. What he did after that was uncalled for but you started it.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

Re: WRX vs. Celica WTF?(long one but good one)

Originally posted by 02WRX82
    I am worried at this point about the danger he might cause so i drop it into third and fake to the right then go left and blast past him, i take it up to about 80 and settle back down into the far right lane in front of some trucks.
    This is some crazy shiznit...that's football but w/ over a ton of metal at speeds over 70 mph. Crazy

I can understand wanting to speed up to deny a pass. If the other guy has a faster car or more balls then he wins, if not, then you win...Simple, happens on the road all the time.

You never cut him off (which raises the stakes, AFAIC). If he was a regular passer (wanting to just go faster), then by you speeding up, he should have just followed behind you, but the mere fact he didn't means he's just a punk looking for trouble.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

WRX

Re: Re: WRX vs. Celica WTF?(long one but good one)

Originally posted by QuickSilver
    This is some crazy shiznit...that's football but w/ over a ton of metal at speeds over 70 mph. Crazy
    Now THAT'S a sport I'd like to watch!! I'm glad that no one was hurt, or no car got damaged. Sounds like this punk needed a good ol can of whoopass. Now that Stone Cold is back, you could give him one!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Didn't you have a cell phone.......I would have reported this a-hole
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

road rage is no fun. What if the kid had a huge bazooka in his celica?

Originally posted by FUNKED1
    Dude you started it. He was just trying to pass and you blocked him repeatedly. What he did after that was uncalled for but you started it.
    Dude I HARDLY think that warranted anything that kid in the Celica did. By merely gunning it and matching speeds NEXT to the guy is by no means dangerous or being an ass. He was just having fun showing the guy in the modded Celica that he can run with him...nothing wrong with that.
    - Ryan
    -- 2000 GTI 1.8T
    --- APR Stock/93 Oct Chip, Custom Magnaflow 2.5" Cat-back, Forge 006 DV, Velocity CAI, Autotech SS, Exterior mods
    ---- But still quite a sleeper

yeah, i so didn't start anything, it's a three lane highway! if he wanted to pass me he had two other lanes to go to. I didn't change lanes until he tried cutting me off.
    "Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19 p.m.at a speed of 35mph."

What a sore loser.