WRX vs 97 Cobra

This is a discussion on WRX vs 97 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a friend i work with that has a 97 mustang Cobra. We play basketball for our Army unit ...

WRX vs 97 Cobra

I have a friend i work with that has a 97 mustang Cobra. We play basketball for our Army unit and live close to each other. One night after a late game we hit the highway. e didn't do nothin til we got near our houses since there is no trafiic. that night he was in front of me and launched good and I was in the same lane he was and I thought he would leave me behind. he couldn't and I stayed the same exact distant all the way to 130mph. He was slowin down so we could catch a light but the stock brakes couldn't slow me down in time and I thought he was gettin off the highway and headed home. he caught up to me and said he wanted to race from a stop. I said maybe next time. Well another guy at work always kept instigatin a race between my friends Cobra and my WRX sayin I could beat him. i was not sure cause i knew I could beat 5.0's all day, but he had a 300+hp Cobra.
    Then the day finally came. We both knew it was gonna happen and I wanted to race him badly. We kept a slow speed to get a red light. the light turned green and I felt I had the most perfect launch I could get and perfect shifting. I took off and had a 1 & a half car length all the way to the next light. I was waitin for him to pass near the end but he couldn't catch me. We slowed to a slow speed and he said he couldn't get traction. I was like oh well you wanted it and you got it. now he got mad the the other guy clowns him on his loss. i didn't clown him, but the win sure felt good.
    http://images.cardomain.com/installs.../159812_19.jpg02 Plat Sil WRX Sdn,5 spd 13.38@101mph at 4400ft.
    17" Velox VX6r's w/Falken ZE512 and stockers, IHI VF30,TXS Uppipe,3in Custom dpipe & xaust w/HKS Muffler,Injen CAI. TXS 2 Stage BC, HKS Fuel Cut Def,CF Hood, Frnt strut bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i lost to my friend's 97 cobra over and over 3 times total back when i only had a boost controller, even with a decent launch

i wish i could race him again. he got scared when he saw my 13sec timeslip so he keeps kinda *****ing out now. before he was all over it when i wanted to race
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

Re: WRX vs 97 Cobra

Originally posted by JoeyD02
    but he had a 300+hp Cobra.
    HP numbers from Cobra's from that time frame were widely known to be over rated. Unlike the GM counterparts which were underrated in that time frame.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain